Started on: 06-15-2019 05:35 PM
Replies: 13 (776 views)
Last post by: Fiero Turbo NS on 11-21-2019 09:24 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2019 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know if anyone here remembers Jon Lagler but he did many engine swaps and custom work on Pontiac Fieros back in the early 2000's. He used to come to Carlisle in a 4.9L notchback (that he later sold) and after that built a turbo Northstar Fiero. Jon is a very skilled welder, fabricator and custom car builder that did Fiero work part time. I believe that his full time job at that time was that of a fork lift mechanic. IIRC about 10 years ago he left the hobby, put Fiero's behind to get married and start a family . Forward to 2019 and Jon is back with Lagler Automotive Specialties (maybe now a full time business) ,doing work on a wide variety of different cars. Don't know if Jon will still take on Fiero work but it shows on his website.
Lagler Automotive Specialties
Has anyone been in touch with Jon of late?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2019 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That certainly is good news. Thanks for the heads-up.
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loved his shaker hood scoop on his 4.9 Fiero

[This message has been edited by GODFATHER (edited 06-19-2019).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Loved his shaker hood scoop on his northstar Fiero

That was a unique one of a kind creation but it was on his 4.9L swap. That car was sold and is still somewhere out there.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe he went by "Rockcrawl". I was at his shop a few times. A friend of mine "Aquaman" had his 4.9 done by him.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2019 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's awesome news. Jon was a great guy to have around, and was SO knowledgable - we STILL refer to some of his old website info.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2019 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He was the source for information when I was doing my 4.9 back in the day...

Joe
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2019 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy to report Jon is well although Fiero-less. He just returned from the Power Tour and is working on some neat cars.
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2019 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Good for him! When he was liquidating his Fiero stock, I drove up to his place in PA to grab a couple of Getrags.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 06-25-2019).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2019 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Awesome! Good for him! When he was liquidating his Fiero stock, I drove up to his place in PA to grab a couple of Getrags.

I"d bet Lagler would like to have those Getrags back now. If they are Fiero units, they are asking up to $900 a piece up this way.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Happy to report Jon is well although Fiero-less. He just returned from the Power Tour and is working on some neat cars.

Is he going to get back into Fieros? (You know how Fieros are. )
PFF
System Bot
Greg Z2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2019 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg Z2Send a Private Message to Greg Z2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought one of his builds from awhile back. A 88 GT LS4 AT.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2019 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg Z2:

I just bought one of his builds from awhile back. A 88 GT LS4 AT.

Jon did all the swaps of the day, 3.4DOHC, 4.9L, 3800SC, SBC, N* and LS4. Don't know if he will still do these today but he now has his own F/T custom car business . I would say that if it makes financial sense Jon would probably do these swaps again. He's a very talented fabricator.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Fiero Turbo NS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Turbo NSSend a Private Message to Fiero Turbo NSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got a car he worked on, a turbo N* !! I feel privileged

------------------
lets fix it

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock