Started on: 05-19-2019 09:25 PM
Replies: 8 (322 views)
Last post by: Carcenomy on 05-23-2019 02:45 AM
Mr. Pat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2019 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I have an 87 5 speed out here in Australia, and I also have an L67 out of a VT S pack I would like to put in.......I know ill need mounts, the FWD intake and oil pan. Does anyone know what else I would need so I can start organising the bits and pieces and bring them home when I visit over new years? Also, does anyone know if the ECM will work from the Holden? And if anyone has any of these things they're willing to part with would you be willing to send them to my mate in California? Really don't want to spend the money having someone figure it out over here as it would be insanely costly......Thanks guys.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The alternator will need a custom mount but Jim Ausfiero from fieroshop.com.au could rattle it all off from top of his head what you need.
But you need the shorter pan, mounts and be sure to do your brakes before you make it go fast.
AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My bud and I are trying to do the reverse of what you're doing, we're trying to turn a US FWD L67 into a Holden RWD L67 for a different car. On top of changing the oil pan you'll also need the oil pickup tube from a FWD engine. Far as I know the US pan should work without any modification. The oil filter adapter is different between the holden and US but it shouldn't matter in a Fiero. The Holden ECM should work no problem as it's for your engine but may need to be tuned for the cars weight and gearing. The Fiero doesn't use the ECM for anything as there's no body control module or similar so your ECM will work fine.

My bud and I can easily find all the parts you need and send them to your Cali friend. We need a Holden oil pan and oil pickup, if you can help us with that I'd be thrilled.

[This message has been edited by AsaBergman (edited 05-21-2019).]

AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AsaBergman

137 posts
Member since Apr 2018
Oh and as you know the Holden supercharger won't work in a Fiero because of the elbow. An experienced tig welder can modify it but that's too much effort and it would look bad. However FWD L67 superchargers are easy to find here. Our local pick-a-part charges 75 US dollars each for them.
Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AsaBergman:

Oh and as you know the Holden supercharger won't work in a Fiero because of the elbow. An experienced tig welder can modify it but that's too much effort and it would look bad. However FWD L67 superchargers are easy to find here. Our local pick-a-part charges 75 US dollars each for them.

That would be great bud i'll let you know! Is it the whole charger or just the snout?

AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2019 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The whole US supercharger unit including snout and pulley and likely any electronics attached we can pick up for $75 and there's plenty available. The snout itself differs between the US and Holden chargers in the cast housing itself, can't be 'swapped' without lots of welding.

However we also plan on grabbing an L67 engine that we're going to turbo instead of super and we won't need the charger or pan off it so they're yours when that happens.

If you'll want me to grab parts you'll need to send me some pictures of your engine at some point so I can see if there's any other differences. I'm always reachable by email so if you need info down the line or want parts let me know.

Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2019 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check your trans. bellhousing to engine match.That rear wheel drive may be different than the front wheel drive. The bellhousing on a Camero or Firebird 3800 rear wheel drive is different than a 3800 Grandprix front wheel drive.Just a word of caution.
Great project.

Don

------------------
IMSA 34
60' - 1.555
1/4 mi - 10.519
mph - 130.29

TOO FAR
60' - 1.491
1/4 mi - 11.323
mph - 116.4

AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2019 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have both RWD and FWD 3800s in my garage, the bellhousings are the same. There ARE however different versions of the GM Metric bellhousing pattern differing in starter locations. Fiero uses 'driver' side starter and I've never seen a 3800 with a passenger side starter from the factory.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About the most annoying thing you might encounter using the VT's computer is the fact it'll have VATS enabled and want the VT key. Might be worth a visit to pcmhacking.net to see if there's any good custom flashes that can disable that nonsense.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock