Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Ever wonder whats behind those ads with no pictures, "3 fieros all must go" Jackpot! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ever wonder whats behind those ads with no pictures, "3 fieros all must go" Jackpot! by anaverin
Started on: 04-09-2019 12:14 AM
Replies: 54 (2609 views)
Last post by: anaverin on 03-24-2020 01:01 PM
anaverin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About a year ago I responded to an obscure ad that said, 3 fieros non running, parts or fix, you must take all or none ad. It didn't have any pictures, but i always have had the fantasy of finding a really rare fiero like this. Something that the owner doesn't realize is amazing but is totally worth saving. Usually these revolve around finding a CJB t-top car.

In any case, they said they had 3 fieros an 86 , and 87, and a 88. All 4 cylinders. Nothing too special there, but 88 is interesting. I asked about it. Was told that they believe it has T-tops but it was covered in blackberry bushes so deep that they couldn't get at it or get a photo of it. Well, I just told them to get a hold of me when they had a picture, they are 2 hours away so i couldnt just go look really.

Fast forward to now, the guys wife gets a hold of my and asks if i am still interested. I said, well maybe did you get it uncovered? They told me no but they plan to next weekend. I am still waiting for the VIN to confirm CJB but i finally got some pictures!

I'm getting excited now, If it is a CJB car i may put my LSJ2.0 Turbo swap in it. Engine is seized. It seems sacreligous to cut up a CJB formula or GT, but a base coupe with bad motor? I am thinking talbot yellow formula clone!

Here are the pictures! Diamond in the rough? 1 of 339 CJB t-top coupes? I can barely hold my excitment.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM sent.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Diamond in the really rough, God willing the frame isn't trashed by now from sitting in that spot for so long... The passenger door doesn't look like it lines up, from the gap in the back... There's also a lot of humidity in the interior by the looks of the water on the inside of the window; the side mirror is missing...

It's definitely gonna be a lot of work to bring back if it's one of the few CJBs! It deserves way better than to sit rot in a bush unloved.

Best of luck bro, keep us posted.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 04-09-2019).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That right door alignment may be due to what appears to be some pretty heavy damage on the right rear corner. Still, it may be worth saving as a whole car if it's a CJB.
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had something similar happen to me years and years ago when I lived in SC. A local gas station had a wrecked '86 SE out front for about a week before I stopped in to ask about it. They said it wasn't for sale but they had another in the back lot if I was interested. It was also wrecked, sideswiped but driveable. I go back and it's a red '88 CJB coupe. A month or so later they got the title, I paid storage fees, and I had a '88 T-Top!

Hope you pull that thing out and it isn't too far gone. Take more pics!!!!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool stuff! Hope its not rusted bad.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With all the condensation on the windows, I would have to believe that there is a lot of water inside- carefully check the floor boards......And it looks like it has a "2M6" decal on the trunklid...They didn't have those on 88s......
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My guess on this is that it is and 88 coupe and somebody put a 2M4 sticker on the back after a repaint or for style or something like that. I'm pretty sure it's an 88. Not sure if it's cjb. Most of the Northwest fieros I have ever gotten have had very little rust as they don't use salt on the roads here and we have very mild winners by of course that all need to be checked. No matter what I believe I will save the T tops for another fiero if the car is too far gone but I am crossing my fingers that it is a relatively straight not rusted out 88CJB frame

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 04-09-2019).]

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, do you still have to buy all three? And what do they look like?
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ITS VERIFIED CJB!

We have to pick up all 3 cars. My friend that parts out fieros is getting the other 2, so that is worked out.

Looks like its always been a northwest car, so good possibility that there is no major rust.
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE! Rebuild it!!!

You should take the interior and other parts missing from the other Fieros before you give em to your buddy to part them out... By the looks of it, you will need at least a new interior from all that humidity!

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2019 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey...think about it...all that humidity, mold......That may be a nice FUZZY interior.........(Congrats on finding a real collectors car)
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2019 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went and looked at it!!!

And yes, there is some damage. However, it appears to be from a tree falling on the corner of the car. The frame is pretty rust free and the rear rail is straight does not show signs of being hit. Looks like the Notchback Clip is pushing into the door making the frame look twisted but i don't think it is. The interior leaves something to be desired but i will replace all of that.

You can see here that the gap at the bottom of the door is pretty normal but the fiberglass rear clip has been shoved forward from being crushed on the corner. I think when i remove all of these panels the frame will be undamaged. (so thats exciting!)

Pretty excited to start this project with my wife soon. Whoot!

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 04-13-2019).]

longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2019 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrads!
jon

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2019 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the rest of the undercar is as clean as that one shot, you have a good foundation to build on!

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2019 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's going to be a lot of work but will be worth it for sure. Keep a good log going with pictures.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2019 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trees normally don't fall horizontally, which is what would have been needed to push the rear of the car into the door. (looks to be 3/8 to 1/2"). It more than likely has been ran into.
With it being a T-top, there isn't much structure left between the A & B pillars and a rear collision could push the two pillars together, which is what it looks like happened.

Depending on price, it will be worth buying for the 88 parts, possibly the T-top parts - all depends on condition of the seals and other plastic bits.

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2019 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, a no-AC model! But maybe that's not uncommon in rainy PNW. No power options either... I'm surprised it has a cassette!
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2019 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No ac is extremely uncommon here, less in Canada. This is maybe one of 5 I've ever seen. I'll be picking it up on Saturday and tearing into it to see what the damage looks like under the clip. I'm thinking going tan or beach wood interior as well if the car can be fixed. Wish me luck!
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2019 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The very first thing you need to do is gut the interior and throw it all away! I can only imagine what it smells like...ugh!

It looks salvageable to me. Once you get the rear bumper and clip off you can see what, if any, damage there is to the chassis. Just take care around anything T-top related...you do not want to break or damage any of that stuff.

Nice score!
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2019 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the car!!
PFF
System Bot
turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anaverin:

I got the car!!

Didn't happen without pictures!
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huge weekend. I have pulled the fiero out of the field and then coordinated 3 rigs to tow all the fieros at one time 2.5 hours from my home! It was ridiculous. Once i got it home I cleaned up the car, and spent the better part of a day trying to open the comparments which were all corroded shut. I eventally just unbolted the door and ripped the panel off so i could access the striker from inside the door with a T50 Torx. The latch is destoryed. I found the car to be slightly out of square by 1/4 inch, so looks like i will be trying to strech the frame back out on the Passenger side. All in all I am pretty happy still. Ok so here is the picture dump!

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 04-23-2019).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great weekend for you... three cars AND a mascot!
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha, suprized the mouse didn't run away before you got that pic of him lmao

Car cleaned up pretty nice, amazing what even a little bit of love does to a long neglected car!

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2019 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Great weekend for you... three cars AND a mascot!

Thank goodness i didn't have to take 3 cars. The 2 other cars were taken by my buddies who does repairs and partouts if they are too far gone. I couldn't of handles 3 more fieros!!
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2019 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice find. I have one of those too. 88 coupe CJB. Best part of a coupe is that you can mod it w/ out feeling bad. Make sure to add your info to the "88 database guy" thread.

Rob
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2019 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PgGZoFsGmw

Big movements on the project! My wife has joined me on the adventure, and we have started a youtube channel. So far only the introduction is done, so you'll have to just enjoy that for now, it won't be as up to date as this thread! Today I got all of the passenger side interior out, and pulled the carpet. BOY did it STINK!

Then I cut off the clip well past the damage and removed the bumper, for the purpose of examing more of the damage. I will have the whole clip off soon, but alot of the interior screws are requiring drilling to get get them out, and those TTOP parts are delicate!!! So I am removing them slowly, so I can get the frame ready to adjust. It appears the top of the door is 1/4 in small, and that seems to be causing all the issues. We have been collecting interior parts, so thats exciting!

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 04-28-2019).]

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In part 2 of our series we discuss tips and tricks for removing interior that has been trashed, and we go the distance to get new pieces! Discussion and facts of the rarest fiero interior color : Beechwood! As always, its packed with fun fiero facts and tips for your restoration. We are really building our channel and putting out high quality videos here, so if you could check it out and subscribe then you'll be the first to know! Working on the first 100 subscribers!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH3Bku56ZYo
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2019 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, Got the cars interior stripped. I had to cut the rearclip off with a grinding wheel even after carefully removing the TTOP headliner. It was nuts! Literally they just spun in the fiberglass. Luckly the clip was destoryed anyway.

Finally I towed the rig to my buddies shop where we will be working on fixing the frame. We looked at it on the lift. Its going to be a serious project, but doable. Stay tuned.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2019 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So yesterday I cut off the entire rear frame of an 88 parts car. Hopefully I will have WAY more then i need to fix this frame. sigh.

heres the epic video from our series though. check it out!

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 05-08-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-07-2019 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right on!

Cool to see the frame cut up like that. Subscribed for happiness.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for subscribing! I'm trying to keep the thread updated as well as make the episodes. Not always easy but i do it for the fiero community.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the memes have started from viewers... lol
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2019 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job on the videos. Super entertaining
jon

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2019 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Big day of adventures, this time me and my wife pulled the cradle to get the car ready for frame work.

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 05-13-2019).]

turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2019 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great video! Sorry if it's mentioned in the thread but what are your plans for the Fiero?
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2019 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098706.html

LSJ 2.0 ecotec swap from 2005 saturn ion redline.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2019 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't it have been easier and quicker to swap your parts onto that "frame donor car" vs cutting it apart and putting the frame into yours???
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2019 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

Wouldn't it have been easier and quicker to swap your parts onto that "frame donor car" vs cutting it apart and putting the frame into yours???

88 CJB.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock