Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Post your Ideas for New Fiero Parts here.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Post your Ideas for New Fiero Parts here. by Dennis LaGrua
Started on: 04-01-2019 05:37 PM
Replies: 22 (784 views)
Last post by: jim94 on 04-11-2019 01:23 AM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2019 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Years back the aftermarket for custom and standard Fiero parts was a decent size. As the car grew older the parts market became more specialized and some vendors dropped out of it. Judging by the activity on this forum it appears that there is still a market for Fiero parts. I started this post to give vendors and potential vendor a idea of what might be needed. In short the title should be "I'd like to see"

My suggestions:
One piece C4 taillight panel.
Mecham style side scoops.
Swap mounts for the LFX engine and 6T70 transmission.
Custom axles for the above.
Plastic Glovebox re-run.
Bracket for trunk mounted battery.

Add your idea's and if there is a demand, perhaps someone will make the parts.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darrel Morse style rear strut brace
Vent wing hold down butterfly screws
88 only alternator shield
Kit
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Center console skeleton made from a tougher (less brittle) material.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Swap mounts and axles for the F40.

Edit - R.T. is doing mounting brackets. Still need a simple axle solution.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-08-2019).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, a more sturdy version of the PISA glove box would be great. Or, a revisit of Paul Vargyas' glove box. Either way, it needs to match the interior better.

I just need parts other than the seats.
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Pontiac style ram air side scoops.
Habanera Hal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any T-Top plastic parts . Could be done with 3D printer.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A non-magnetic chick magnet. None of them stick to any of my Fieros
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2019 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 cradle to 87 strut frame adapters.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2019 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3d printed console piece
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2019 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like the center console also. I think that would sell pretty good for some one.
PFF
System Bot
88FieroGT TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2019 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GT sail panel Ferarri looking with slots
side scoops

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2019 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Turbo kit?
Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2019 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cmechmann:

The Pontiac style ram air side scoops.

These exist: https://www.fierostore.com/...px?s=52514&d=260&p=1

Or do you mean something different when you say "Pontiac Style"
N0ctrnl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2019 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N0ctrnlSend a Private Message to N0ctrnlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 for the center (shifter) console piece
HVAC/Stereo console
Glovebox
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2019 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Missiles, lasers, smokescreen, flamethrower, 30mm automatic cannon and a cloaking device.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2019 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Missiles, lasers, smokescreen, flamethrower, 30mm automatic cannon and a cloaking device.

Lol, think you got it mixed up with the game Spy Hunter!
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2019 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I was going to make something, I would make a bolt-in HVAC fan resistor replacement; one that doesn't get hot and catch leaves on fire.

That said, I'm trying to get my Fiero running before worrying about these details, so if someone wants to make and sell one before I get around to it, I'd buy one.
FastOwen2XLL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2019 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastOwen2XLLSend a Private Message to FastOwen2XLLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would just be happy if someone started making stealth wing stands again!

And while I am adding to the wish list, someone to buy the Fiero Fiberglass molds (especially the side scoops) and start producing them again!

Let me add aero nose smoke and clear turn signal covers!

I know these are not 'new' ideas, but these items are currently not being made and used ones are a hot commodity!
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2019 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The smokescreen and the flamethrower have already been done.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-06-2019).]

Curtisk1060

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2019 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I have said before, a correct GT side window that has the correct curves AND the GT Logo clear w/ a slight green tint to the window itself, not the one now available via TFS. I want it just like the originals... period, not just close. I believe if the rear taillights can be done, the GT side windows can be done also.

[This message has been edited by Curtisk1060 (edited 04-07-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2019 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Curtisk1060:

As I have said before, a correct GT side window that has the correct curves AND the GT Logo clear w/ a slight green tint to the window itself, not the one now available via TFS. I want it just like the originals... period, not just close. I believe if the rear taillights can be done, the GT side windows can be done also.

Fiero Store premium quarter windows. Exact duplicates of OEM

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2019 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
louvers for the gt

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock