Fiero store review for 2019 by viperine
Started on: 03-30-2019 11:34 PM
Replies: 11 (480 views)
Last post by: FastOwen2XLL on 04-09-2019 10:48 PM
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2019 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to take a minute to praise the Fiero Store.

I finally caved in and bought their new window switches, because, although I have rehabbed OE switches in the past, my buttons were developing holes from the years of use and abuse.

It turns out that the new switches also restored the speed of my windows. I have cleaned and lubricated the window parts in the door, in the past. But I was shocked to see how much faster the windows are now from the new switches alone.

I can't say enough about this company, they have come through for me soooo much in the past, and their follow-up customer support has always been first-class.

Don't hesitate to count on them, I know many of us tend to look forward to their Wednesday discount sales.

They deserve the business only we can provide!

Thanks, Fiero Store. Our biggest friend through thick and thin!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2019 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree 100%. It irks me when people complain about the prices of some of the commodity items that can be purchased cheaper elsewhere than TFS. Their efforts to keep our little cars alive should be appreciated and supported. I am very happy that they seem to have been able to get someone to properly reproduce the GT quarter windows- I plan to get a pair soon. Both TFS and Rodney are a great asset and would be sorely missed. Let's continue to support them

Peter
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2019 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, yes, YES! Absolutely; The Fiero Store (Rodney too of course) is an amazing company and a god-send for our little cars. I like to support them whenever I can.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2019 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed!

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, Black w/Beechwood interior
2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI S

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2019 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
110% all the way...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2019 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off...YES!! The Fiero Store is great....We are lucky to have them supporting our car/Hobby/Owners.....?

Also, although I don't have power windows, that is really interesting that the SWITCHES restored the SPEED of the windows...I have noticed numerous threads about how to speed up the windows.....You should do a Targeted post in Technical.....
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2019 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you looked at your switch's before? After 30 years of gunk getting into them it is not surprising it helped out just because you are getting a better connection now.
viperine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2019 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Have you looked at your switch's before? After 30 years of gunk getting into them it is not surprising it helped out just because you are getting a better connection now.

I have, though probably with a naive eye. I had fully disassembled the switches, cleaned them up, and used dielectric to reconnect them. An honest effort. In hindsight, I might have been smart to clean the connector contacts with vinegar. I never did as much because the pigtail contacts didn't appear to need attention. The internals affected by gunk were cleaned to perfection though.

My efforts did make a difference, but not nearly as much as the new switches did. Cleaning vs. new made a difference in runtime of about 6-7 seconds vs. 4-5 seconds, respectively.
viperine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2019 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

viperine

1401 posts
Member since Feb 2015

Took pics to do a write-up, ditched the idea when I saw buddycraig already had!
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2019 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When did he do his write-up? Wait a while, do a write up but save it in your drafts, and then "Publish" it here in 6 months to a year........
FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much for the positive feedback. We really appreciate it!
PFF
System Bot
FastOwen2XLL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2019 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastOwen2XLLSend a Private Message to FastOwen2XLLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me just say that vendors like the Fiero Store and Rodney Dickman, along with a few others, are indispensable! Quite frankly without them, I would never have taken on my '85 GT 'rescue' which quite frankly needed almost everything. I've ordered quite a few things for the '85 with more to come for my waiting '88 GT project.

The Fiero Store is always my first stop when searching for something I need. As far as their customer service, I mentioned once before in another post that it is top notch! I remember doing an online order for several items and ordered two left GT exhaust hangers by mistake intending to order a left and a right. Someone from the Fiero Store called me the next day to verify if I intended to order two of the same or one for each side. It was a great catch, saved the hassle of a return or aggravation of ordering the other one I needed. Most companies ship whatever you order without thought, and leave the customer to deal with it. What more can you say with customer service like that?!?

Thanks Fiero Store!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock