Fiero seats by TheDuke
Started on: 03-30-2019 08:10 AM
Replies: 17 (851 views)
Last post by: Habanera Hal on 04-27-2019 12:20 AM
TheDuke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2019 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDukeSend a Private Message to TheDukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap it's hard to find seats for this car
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2019 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use 93 Corvette seats:
Knight Rider

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2019 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Knight RiderSend a Private Message to Knight RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Caviler, Sunbird, and mid 90's Firebird/Camaro seats will also work.
Rick Vanderpool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2019 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a pair not too far from you.
Rick
https://greenville.craigsli...eats/6843028114.html
TheDuke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDukeSend a Private Message to TheDukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol when you click that link it has been deleted by the poster. Do any of those possibilities bolt right up? The brackets on the ones that are in it now are shot so I need an alternative that bolts right up with the brackets that go to what I'm putting in not the old brackets.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2019 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post up in the Mall section looking for what you need.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2019 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C5 with Fiero rails fit too.

also like others have said, Firebird seats fit too, bolt right on to Fiero rails w/ no issue.
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2019 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Word of advice:
Pay close attention to the width and especially the height of the seats you are planning to put in a Fiero.
Kit
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2019 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

Pay close attention to the width and especially the height of the seats you are planning to put in a Fiero.

Yep, the height of replacement seats is critical for anyone who's tall.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2019 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I've got two in Dad's garage, cloth brown if I'm not mistaken. Not sure how I'd get them to you though...
dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw "mid-90's", but can anyone specify what exact years Camaro-Firebird seats bolt up to the Fiero frames?

My rump thanks you in advance.

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 04-23-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about replacing my seats but then found a good deal on Mr. Mike's covers. What I did from there was call Mr. Mike and get the added cushioning for the covers. I am very pleased on how the seats feel on my bottom and back now. My wife even said that the seats are a lot better.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
82-02 Camaro and firebird (and trans am) seats are all the same where it matters.

Having been through so many seats, the best option is rebuilding Fiero stock seats with Mr. Mike's.

Even 2002 seats are 17 years old now. They will start deteriorating fast anyway and put you right back where you started. Furthermore, F-body upholstery is sold in complete sets including the rear seats for about $1,000, last I checked, for quality upholstery. Again, Mr. Mike for stock seats is the best option

Originally posted by dremu:

I saw "mid-90's", but can anyone specify what exact years Camaro-Firebird seats bolt up to the Fiero frames?

My rump thanks you in advance.

-- A

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Use 93 Corvette seats:

This is a pic of my interior and I always say that I sit IN them and not on them.

Thank you for using my choice of seats.

dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2019 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

82-02 Camaro and firebird (and trans am) seats are all the same where it matters.

Having been through so many seats, the best option is rebuilding Fiero stock seats with Mr. Mike's.

Even 2002 seats are 17 years old now. They will start deteriorating fast anyway and put you right back where you started. Furthermore, F-body upholstery is sold in complete sets including the rear seats for about $1,000, last I checked, for quality upholstery. Again, Mr. Mike for stock seats is the best option

Fair points all. My problem is likely the lack of padding on the seat bottom (as opposed to the voluminous padding on MY bottom!)

I see MrMikes actually has a page on doing up the bottom if torn, so I may be able to get away with that. Time to remove a seat and look in there.

Thanks!

-- A
bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2019 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you were closer, I'd sell you my seats that were re-covered with a set of Mr. Mike's. Even had him sew the original Fiero badges into the seat back
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2019 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dremu:

Fair points all. My problem is likely the lack of padding on the seat bottom (as opposed to the voluminous padding on MY bottom!)

I see MrMikes actually has a page on doing up the bottom if torn, so I may be able to get away with that. Time to remove a seat and look in there.

Thanks!

-- A

Mr. Mikes seats actually come with bottoms that go over your original's to give back its cushion. Depending on your situation you can very well add more or less.
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2019 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can also add additional foam from a fabric store like Jo-Ann's (+ check for 40% off coupons) or pick some up from a local upholstery shop. Really pretty easy to fix up the old seat bottoms.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock