Flashing Indy Scoop by BodymanBill
Started on: 03-19-2019 05:55 PM
Replies: 11 (335 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-21-2019 10:45 PM
BodymanBill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BodymanBillSend a Private Message to BodymanBillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Have the offer to purchase one of the scoops that lays kinda flat on top of the roof in the middle.
I noticed that a Fiero white Indy pace car had one and it had flashers inside the back part of it.

My question for the Fourm is....
Is there a demand to have a flashing light on that scoop just like the ones on the pace cars?

I can get the scoop and home make that set up just like it.

What kind of price could that bring? Are they made anymore?

Not set on getting it yet so no big deal on the answers
ok Thank You,
Bill
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess it depends on price, quality, and appearance. I looked into finding the correct lens, and was unable to do so.
BodymanBill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BodymanBillSend a Private Message to BodymanBillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have worked with Transparent Acrylic Plexiglass sheets for years now and the molding process has gotten better after a few.
Just looking to offer my services and make a little extra dough.

I guess this is really only a "feeler" type of thread.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my opinion, but I believe you would be targeting a very small audience of those trying to either repair/replace or replicate the Indy pace cars. That seems like a small portion of an already small audience. Now if you enjoy doing the development and helping out, that would be cool.

my 2 cents.. Good luck either way.

Bob
BodymanBill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BodymanBillSend a Private Message to BodymanBillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I see someone on here makes the scoop, but nobody with the lights.
I just thought maybe one of the pace car guys may like it or regular car for showy.
Sorta upset to find no real instrest. I will move onto another project.
Thank you,
Bill
paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an orginal snorkel and strobe light. A friend of mine has an aftermarket snorkel with strobe. Another friend did his bracketry for the strobes. See photos. This is a very pricey project. Just don't see how you could make any money in it with such a small market. I have about $2000.00 in my original system.

Ron

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

paced84

915 posts
Member since Sep 2004
I have an orginal snorkel and strobe light. A friend of mine has an aftermarket snorkel with strobe. Another friend did his bracketry for the strobes. See photos. This is a very pricey project. Just don't see how you could make any money in it with such a small market. I have about $2000.00 in my original system.

Ron

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BodymanBill:

Sorta upset to find no real instrest. I will move onto another project.

Five hours after your opening post and you're "upset to find no real instrest"???
BodymanBill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BodymanBillSend a Private Message to BodymanBillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me? Upset? No, not really Mr. Patrick.
Being I am new to this forum, unlike other car forums that have a more robust participation. That is what I was expecting.
Now that I have been on here for a few days I clearly see that this is not as active of a website. So I understand no one replying.
I am fine with that, I just didn't know. Was on a hot lead for that scoop and what I could do with it IF I bought it for the Fiero community.

Mr. Paced84,
That is the scoop I was referring to. WOW $2000 into it?
I did not price out the strobes at that time to give you a better dollar figure. But it had all the mounting hardware for the scoop. All I had to do was make a fiberglass "shelf" add lights and plexi. My price would have been $100 + the strobes. I have everything else. Could have made and sold for under $400.( depending on the strobes
No it would NOT be OEM, but I could have made it for a clone, or for some young guy to sport it around and look cool.

P.S. I like your car. All orginal?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Me? Upset? No, not really Mr. Patrick.

Bill, I was only quoting what you yourself had posted.

Being I am new to this forum, unlike other car forums that have a more robust participation.

I'd be interested to know what automotive forums there are online more active than this one that are strictly limited to a line of cars only made in the mid to late 80's.

I suspect RCR hit the nail on the head...

Originally posted by RCR:

I believe you would be targeting a very small audience of those trying to either repair/replace or replicate the Indy pace cars. That seems like a small portion of an already small audience.

BodymanBill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BodymanBillSend a Private Message to BodymanBillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Patrick,
Not car only fourms in particular.
http://garageforum.org/
ls1.com
Place I hang out every now and then under another name
as well as a few others.
I am not trying to disrespect you or this forum in any way at all.

Yes Mr. RCR explained it well. For me...low instrest to me means no worries about it at all.
I was just trying to lend my BWskills for this forum.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was just trying to lend my BWskills for this forum.

Bill, it's appreciated... but you've got to keep in mind that this entire forum is dedicated to a car that was only made for five years, and that was 30+ years ago.

I know all about dead forums and/or little interest. I bought a '98 JDM Subaru Impreza STi a couple years ago. Trying to find relevant data and knowledgeable people online to help troubleshoot this JDM vehicle has been extremely frustrating. If I could find an English speaking forum anywhere in the world that has a fraction of the traffic (and helpful members) that this forum has, I'd be absolutely delighted.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-21-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock