Started on: 03-19-2019 03:29 AM
Replies: 19 (1008 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 12-31-2019 12:46 AM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What show is this? Bonus points if you know the episode.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88Fingers

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bojack Horseman of course. Great Show.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Correct. Up until a week ago I had never heard of BoJack Horseman. I'm now becoming a fan.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2019 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And the same purple notchie turned up again...

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2019 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once you see any pic in Background expect it to show up again and often.
BG in most animated shows are copy/past as much as possible. If they don't reuse the entire BG, they can just copy the cars etc from a small list of approved files.
Watch other cars etc and you find nearly to all are reused.

My guess some staff owned or seen the real car then added a drawing to the library and now you'll seen it often.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2019 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

My guess some staff owned or seen the real car then added a drawing to the library and now you'll seen it often.

I hope you're right.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2019 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88Fingers:

Bojack Horseman of course. Great Show.

Never heard of it. Until this thread.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2019 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Never heard of it. Until this thread.

I hadn't either until earlier this month when I read a glowing review of it.

Don't be fooled by the fact that it's a cartoon with animal (as well as human) characters. It covers adult oriented themes... and no, I'm not referring to the typical low-hanging fruit of sex and violence.

It's been on Netflix for five seasons now.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2019 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36396 posts
Member since Apr 99

I just finished watching Episode 4 of Season 3, and I was quite taken by the strangeness of it all. I was curious if perhaps anyone else online had also particularly enjoyed this episode and maybe written about it. Looks like I wasn't alone in my appreciation of it!

A look back at BoJack Horseman's 'Fish Out Of Water', one of the greatest episodes of TV ever made

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back to Fiero sightings...

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2019 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2019 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just started watching Season 6. The show is somehow... different from the earlier seasons. The artwork also seems to be inferior, less detailed. However, not all is lost, as notchies are still making appearances.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-01-2019).]

PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2019 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could it be bojack horseman series 1 episode 8? ;0)

I will be keeping an eye out for the others you have posted.

I don't have a TV but enjoy bojack horseman enough to sit still for 30 mins.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cartoons have really gone down the drain! Too bad many of you were born after the real heyday of cartoons! Classics like Pink Panther, Scooby Doo, Road Runner, and two of my Favorites, Pepe LePew , and my number one favorite, Foghorn Leghorn ! Foghorn the Rooster, the **** with the walk, always going to show the young-un how its done!
And it all blowing up in his face ! Oh and Johnny Quest ! That was the day of Cartoons! After Speed Racer, it all went down the drain!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Skatulaki:

Cartoons have really gone down the drain! Too bad many of you were born after the real heyday of cartoons!

Have you watched this series? BoJack Horseman may be animated, but I wouldn't call it a "cartoon"... at least not in the traditional sense.

And just so you know, I date back to watching Popeye in the late 50's.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-30-2019).]

exc911ence

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exc911enceSend a Private Message to exc911enceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No pop-ups on the Fiero driving at night? Laziness.
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
And just so you know, I date back to watching Popeye in the late 50's.

Amen! That was real artwork! Max Fleischer (IIRC).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o49MlXqoRqg
Sorry, no Fieros!

Allso, the real early Disney cartoons (like Steamboat Willie) before they got homogenized.

[This message has been edited by Habanera Hal (edited 12-30-2019).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exc911ence:

No pop-ups on the Fiero driving at night? Laziness.

Good point, I didn't even notice!

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:

Popeye - The Very First Episode #1

...with Betty Boop. Hubba-hubba!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-30-2019).]

Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2019 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah, Popeye, didn't forget about him ! Just didn't include him, and no particular reason not to, other than immediate others that came to mind. And Bojack Horseman or whatever it is? Never heard of it, heard of Sponge Bob, and Simpsons, and Beavis and Butthead, but no quality humor there.

But watching the Pink Panther smashing an alarm clock, and dropping it into a cellar with a stack of more, was just as funny, and relevant at 10 years old, as 60!

And watching him look at an empty street, then seeing tons of traffic as soon as he puts a toe on the road, really makes a funny point, back then and now!

I paint road stripes and stop bars, there wont be a car on the road, untill we paint a stop bar and a cross walk, then somebody gotta show up and drive in the damn paint!

And Popeye fighting the Bully, always relates ! I even like the Simpson's.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Skatulaki:

And Bojack Horseman or whatever it is? Never heard of it, heard of Sponge Bob, and Simpsons, and Beavis and Butthead, but no quality humor there.

As I suspected, you are unfamiliar with this series. In a very unique manner, BoJack Horseman deals with issues such as childhood trauma, addictions, death and regret. As previously mentioned, it is not a "cartoon". It is not a show for little kids.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock