Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Notchie sail panel arrowhead / replacement ideas?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Notchie sail panel arrowhead / replacement ideas? by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 03-17-2019 09:08 AM
Replies: 8 (334 views)
Last post by: CJB118 on 04-07-2019 12:31 AM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2019 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all..,,,
The arrowheads on my sail panel frames are terribly faded on my 85 GT. The Fierostore has replacements for $13 each but I’m too cheap to pay out that kind of money. Anyways, I have seen the Pontiac arrowheads on other cars in the yards but they are usually bigger in size. Anyone know of another Pontiac car that has the same size arrowheads? Or.....alternately, have you put something else there instead? If so, what? I’m open to put something else there. (especially if I can get it cheap).
Thanks, Kit
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2019 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suppose you could take them out and try to paint them. I have the Fiero store arrowheads and have been very happy with them.

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: Restoration project
14 GMC Sierra: Daily Driver

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2019 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made my own out of stainless steel and red reflective tape. I have a bunch laying around some where. And I don't have my '85 any more so I can't get a picture on the car. I will find them and post a picture.

Rich
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2019 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ve thought about sanding them smooth and painting the panels with a satin black
I

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

JMTUT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2019 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMTUTSend a Private Message to JMTUTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The silver part will come out with a little heat from a hairdryer. You can then paint the red parts on the backside. Not perfect but it brightens them up.
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2019 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made my own arrowheads out of some plastic lying around in the shop. I painted them body color to see how they'll look and I really like them. They're a little too thick so I'll mill them down about a 1/16th of an inch.

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2019 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A year or two ago someone posted some pictures of their replacement. They removed the lip where the stock arrowhead goes, so it was level to the B pillar panel. They used nose badges from a Sunbird or Sunfire, I think. A little larger but they looked great.
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2019 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stainless with reflective tape. Sold a few sets at the 35th.

I think the honey comb reflective tape would look much better.
https://www.amazon.com/X4ya...ETZNSD5M2ZECQGVSQSDC

Rich

[This message has been edited by silver 85 sc (edited 04-05-2019).]

CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2019 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would coat satin black a used set of panels, then find repop side marker lites for a 68 LeMans, add a single LED bulb inside each (arrowhead shaped) lens, seal the back and mount it in the expected spot. 2 fine wires drilled thru the sails and run to a 12v source would give you Pontiac coachlights. That's about as swoopy as I get.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock