Started on: 03-02-2019 09:59 PM
Replies: 12 (896 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 03-25-2020 02:29 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2019 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The day I've been dreading came today....

I sold my Red V6 Formula today. It was very hard to let it go.

It's going to a nice guy that lives in South Carolina named Russell, he had a Fiero years ago and is famliar with our forum.

It was funny, when he arrived, we starting talking about the Fiero's like we've known each other for years.

I know it's going to a good home. I hope Russell joins the forum & keeps us updated on his new ride.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2019 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you hate to see it go, but I understand. I know he's gotten a good one.
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2019 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Coolblue, why'd ya sell it man ? I wish I would have caught you sooner to try to talk you out of it. I got a yellow Formula and wouldn't part with it for the world, but who'd want that anyway?
From looking at the little picture under your member name, I see a blue Fiero there too. Do you still have that? If so, at least you still own one,and that's not bad at all.
So why'd you sell the Formula if I may, inquireing minds want to know.....
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2019 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofrenzy

851 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Hey Coolblue, why'd ya sell it man ? I wish I would have caught you sooner to try to talk you out of it. I got a yellow Formula and wouldn't part with it for the world, but who'd want that anyway?
From looking at the little picture under your member name, I see a blue Fiero there too. Do you still have that? If so, at least you still own one,and that's not bad at all.
So why'd you sell the Formula if I may, inquireing minds want to know.....
boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2019 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe the turbo diesel took its spot in the batting order. Either way, good to see it go to another enthusiast. Bittersweet really.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2019 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

Hey Coolblue, why'd ya sell it man ? ….. Inquiring minds want to know.....

Well, it goes like this, I was running out of room. I had a set of twin Formula's, one V6 & the other one is the TDI Formula. I had three Fieros, a Suburban, an enclosed trailer, a Hyundai Sonata, and a Honda Goldwing motorcycle. Also parked in the driveway is my two sisters cars, a Honda Fit and Ford Focus.

So the total of nine vehicles was the reason. Of the two Formula's, the one I sold was the best one, the paint was fantastic. In 2013 I bought the TDI Fiero, and it's been my daily driver ever since. The V6 had a 5 speed, and it sounded good with the ocelot exhaust. After repainting the V6 Formula a few years ago, it came out so well, I picked up the TDI Formula to use as a daily driver, so I could keep the one in pristine condition.

When I brought the V6 Formula out of it's storage, I had to put a good bit of money in repairs in it. It was perfect when I stored it. It surprised me with various problems creeping up. I should have driven it more.

The cost of insuring seven vehicles and tags was another factor, it was time to pair down.

88 Formula V6 & 88 Formula TDI

To answer the other part of your question, yes, I still have the Blue 87 GT w/ 1760 miles, I have it stored inside the trailer inside the garage. I have given it some thought about selling it also. The last time I had it out was for show, maybe 6 or 7 years ago. If I sold it, I'd most likely make a combo deal to sell it and the trailer together. I would be able to guarantee it was a rust free car. In it's existence, it's seen rain twice, each time was coming back from a show with it loaded on an open trailer.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-03-2019).]

fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2019 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cool.....that's cool. You still have some Fieros so alls not lost by any means. I know the feeling. When I was living in an apartment complex, I had 3 cars. My Formula, a Mustang, and a '97 V8 Thunderbird. ( I loved that V8 Bird). I wanted a white 4cyl. auto Fiero for many years to add to my stable. Whenever one popped up, it was on the other side of the country. Loe and behold, one finally pops up for sale in the next town over. Excellent shape too ! So after discussing it with my boss , the wife that is, she said I had to sell one of my cars to buy the Fiero. Too many vehicles for an apartment complex lot. So I sold my T-Bird. A guy that I work with wanted to buy it for the longest time anyway. I now have the 4 banger and its actually a lot of fun. Kinda like a little go kart on the street hahaha.
So now we just moved into a private home with plenty of room. A big driveway with a 2 car garage too ! If I knew this was going to take place, I would have never sold the T-Bird. I could use that big V8 now that I have more highway driving to do. So , Lord willing, I'm looking to buy another '97 Bird. I'm gonna keep your blue 87 GT in mind too . If I were you, I wouldn't sell it. Blue '87's are like yellow 88's. Their a little more valueable and rarer than the rest in my opinion. please put up a post on the Mall if you do deside to sell it.
If I were a millionare, I wouldn't have a huge mansion, just a whole load of cool cars. Probably a Coolblue one too !
tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2019 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm the lucky new owner! Dave aka CoolBlue is a great guy. A car guy. A meticulous car guy. lol. I was kinda concerned (okay, very concerned) that he was going to change his mind at several points prior to purchase. I was visiting my Dad in Florida at Christmas time when I was perusing FB classifieds and decided to kill some time and take a quick drive and check out this ride. Bad mistake. lol. It was pretty much everything I wanted in a Fiero (other than not being yellow) and after talking with Dave, I knew it had been taken care of. As a matter of fact, he kept fixing all the little things prior to finally agreeing to sell! What more can you ask? Just be aware that if Dave ever sells you a vehicle, it will be everything he says it is, but you will have to pry the keys and title from his hands! lol.

I'm going to post some more about picking up this amazing car once I get some tires on it and a good polish and wax. Can't wait to start driving this beauty!
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tiretread:

I'm the lucky new owner !

Well, it's been a year since I said good bye. I've heard from Russell a couple of times over the past year. He's been updating the car, replacing various things as the car needs.

I do miss the car, I was sad, but happy to know the car was going to be enjoyed by the new owner.

I have many videos to look back on, the last one was from the morning that I sold it. I simply set up the camera and did a cold start up and listened to the car running for a few minutes.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, I know the feeling...
(from 2011)

cone shark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cone sharkSend a Private Message to cone sharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know exactly how you feel. I'm very pleased to see my old Formula has been so well cared for and has good new home.
PFF
System Bot
tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A year goes by quick! I'm still driving and fixing/upgrading Little Red when time allows. Still trying to figure out how to get the leaks from getting in thru the sunroof....but I'm having a blast driving it. Once I get some time free, I'm going to do a few more aesthetic upgrades. The car is a hoot to drive. Spent 3 days up in the NC Mountains throwing it around curves and such. Pic is from the Blue Ridge Parkway.

[This message has been edited by tiretread (edited 03-24-2020).]

MarkS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Dude, I know the feeling...
(from 2011)

Me too, sold our 86 SE last summer. But, like here, it went to a nice couple in the mid west. They drove it to California and did CA Route 1 through Big Sur. I will own an 88 before too long.

I love the Blue Ridge Parkway BTW.
------------------
1965 Tempest 400 CID
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6
2017 BMW X3 3.0 T
2015 BMW 535iX M Sport
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous

[This message has been edited by MarkS (edited 03-26-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)