I just scored the rarest find ever.... by fierofrenzy
Started on: 02-13-2019 06:35 PM
Replies: 20 (857 views)
Last post by: copperhens on 02-18-2019 08:57 AM
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2019 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey you guys....and gals....I just finally got my hands on a set Hammond all aluminum rear window lovers. I've been searching for these for a good 14 years, hoping to one day come across a set. Welp, that day finally arrived. I wish I was able to post a picture on here for you all to see, but like so many others, can't figure out how. ( yes, I've read the posting posts but it still wont work for me) These louvers are literally rarer than moon rocks, and I'm quite sure that's a fact.
The louvers look amazing on my Formula. The yellow car contrasting the black louvers, along with the stock black trim give the car a real sleek look.
I've seen so many beautiful Fieros posted on here, does anybody else have a set?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2019 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

I wish I was able to post a picture on here for you all to see, but like so many others, can't figure out how. ( yes, I've read the posting posts but it still wont work for me)

Well, since I figured it out a long time ago ... send an image or two to the email address in my Profile and I'll post them for you.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-13-2019).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2019 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I want louvers.

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: Restoration project
14 GMC Sierra: Daily Driver

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2019 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics or it didn't happen.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2019 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK Patrick, I sent you out an email with a photo of the louvers on my Formula. Thank you for offering to post it for me on here. I'm excited myself to finally see something of mine on PFF to share with others.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2019 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm excited myself to finally see something of mine on PFF to share with others...

Drum-roll please...

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2019 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
COOL..........

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2019 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually have a set of these, picked them up on my adventures, but never used them because they look like they needed some work.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2019 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THATS THEM !!!!! Right now their just lying on the rear pillar, not yet mounted. So the fit will be much tighter when done. Man , do I dig these things. And that's my yellow Formula I post questions about.
Thanks for posting the photo Pat.
As far as the drum roll goes, ask Neil Peart. He's Canadian just like you, maybe you'll cross paths with him. I also feell he's the best drummer in the rock business.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2019 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As far as the drum roll goes, ask Neil Peart. He's Canadian just like you, maybe you'll cross paths with him.

Canada's a big place.... But you never know, Neil just might be the next guy in line at Timmy's tomorrow.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2019 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look like they are for the early Fox body Mustang.
Interested to see if they fit better when properly installed.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2019 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As far as the drum roll goes, ask Neil Peart. He's Canadian just like you, maybe you'll cross paths with him.

As a matter of fact, I observed Neil just the other day spending a wad of Canadian Tire dollars.

Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2019 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As far as the drum roll goes, ask Neil Peart. He's Canadian just like you, maybe you'll cross paths with him. I also feell he's the best drummer in the rock business.

True that.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2019 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats I have a set and I looked for 10 years or so. I am also thinking of modifying something else to line up better with my louvred side windows.
copperhens

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2019 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a pair of those louvers in the box! I bought em last year. I don’t even have a notchback lol.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2019 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Copper- You bought them last year ? From who ?
boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2019 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set for my 88 GT, absolutely love the way they look. Took me forever to find, and they even came with the original instructions!

I may be biased, but great find.

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2019 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierofrenzy, I saw someone trying to sell an ‘85 GT in Port Huron that had a pie of louvres. I asked the guy if he’d separate those, and he said no... but he had an extra set he’d sell. They came with the box, two pairs of instructions, and all the hardware to intsall. I dug up some old pictures of them. They're buried among my Fiero parts right now.

[This message has been edited by copperhens (edited 02-17-2019).]

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2019 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

copperhens

490 posts
Member since Oct 2016

Originally posted by boostedbird:

I have a set for my 88 GT, absolutely love the way they look. Took me forever to find, and they even came with the original instructions!

I may be biased, but great find.

How hard is it to secure to a fastback? Did you have to alter the louvres? I'd be interested to use them on one of my fastbacks since I don't have a notchback.

boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2019 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine were made specifically for the fastback, by Hammond. I did not need to modify them at all.
copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2019 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boostedbird:

Mine were made specifically for the fastback, by Hammond. I did not need to modify them at all.

Huh, I didn’t know they made them for the fastback. That’s really cool! I guess i’m out of luck till i get a notchback lol.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock