Son of the Cali Kid here... by California Kid
Started on: 01-28-2019 01:15 PM
Replies: 51 (2271 views)
Last post by: LFiero67 on 02-24-2019 11:37 AM
Marko

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2019 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad to hear about your father's passing,
the Fiero community has lost a valued member.

I am glad, that he was able to share his passion with you, and get you involved the the Fiero bug.

Wonderful to see someone inherit both the car and a Username too.

Best of luck Dan, and welcome to the forum.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6 Muncie 4 speed.
a.k.a "The Rumble Seat"

IP: Logged
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2019 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He had a tendency to downplay things, be a realist. You can't know you're driving on the edge if you don't go over a couple of times.

Having said that...

He was PISSED about this

Body survived okay, but he was picking pebbles out from between the rims and the tires for DAYS. His back wasn't the greatest (was in a major accident when my mom was pregnant with me, it haunted him for my entire life) so it was harder for him than it sounds. I would tease him about it from time to time, tell him to get a lift kit if he wanted to go offroad that badly. He'd give me a STFU look, laugh, and say the only bad thing about the experience was picking out those damn pebbles.

D

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Hey Dan - SO sorry for your loss.

Your Dad was a great guy, who I had the pleasure of knowing through PFF, as well as spending time with over the years at various Fiero events. His passion for the car, and for the community was palpable.

...and I still very much remember his off-track excursion at Waterford Hills back in 2003!

Oregon88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2019 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for your loss
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2019 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. I'm sorry to hear about this. I remember reading about his build (And the Z v8 conversion) and looking forward to seeing his car at the 20th. Such a shame... I'm sorry!
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2019 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I never met him but I can tell he was an important part of this community.

I’m glad you’re keeping his car and are planning to get it back on the road. What would be a better tribute to him than that?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2019 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:
He was PISSED about this

Body survived okay, but he was picking pebbles out from between the rims and the tires for DAYS. His back wasn't the greatest (was in a major accident when my mom was pregnant with me, it haunted him for my entire life) so it was harder for him than it sounds. I would tease him about it from time to time, tell him to get a lift kit if he wanted to go offroad that badly. He'd give me a STFU look, laugh, and say the only bad thing about the experience was picking out those damn pebbles.
D

I was at Waterford, that day. I knew Tom's car (EVERYONE knew Tom's car) but had never met him.

He came up to me, after that little offroad trek, and asked me if I knew where any tire stores were, in the area. (The only person I could think of that was anywhere near "local" was, of course, Tom.)
I asked him if he knew Tom / aka "The California Kid". I said he would probably know, as well as anybody.
He then told me that HE was Tom. Of course I felt like an ass...

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-10-2019).]

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2019 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for your loss. It is good to know you are keeping his dream alive!
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2019 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2019 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

He had a tendency to downplay things, be a realist. You can't know you're driving on the edge if you don't go over a couple of times.

Having said that...

He was PISSED about this

D

Thanks for sharing. I remember when they posted those pictures and reading the stories.
We have some really interesting people on this forum. I have lost track of too many that I called friends.
jaymelk2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2019 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaymelk2Send a Private Message to jaymelk2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry.....it was that yellow car that made me want to build my first v8 fiero. Sometimes life just sucks and we never know when our numbers to be called. Please....if I could do anything....just ask...

------------------
87 GT....SBC...fast as hell...
Proud new owner of....THE DIRTY RAT

engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2019 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry to hear of your loss
PFF
System Bot
LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2019 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP

He was a great member of the forum and Fiero community. He will be missed.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock