Tail light diameter by LornesGT
Started on: 12-26-2018 12:09 AM
Replies: 9 (422 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 01-04-2019 09:43 PM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2018 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the diameter of the Ferrari looking tail lights some of you have used?

Thank in advance.

Lorne
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2019 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you will accept measurements on a Mera tail light lens, I can give you ID and OD measurements.

Nelson
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2019 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, please do they look to have the right proportion. I have a grand idea of making my own but with a twist.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2019 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I measured the Mera tail light lens a few minutes ago and the dimensions are as follows:

OD - 6.08"

ID - 5.79"

These measurements were made at the base of the lens and were above the next step ledge. Based on visual inspection, the Mera lenses are very similar (and almost exactly the same size) to the F308/328 lenses. Mu guess is that there is less than 0.1" difference but I have never measured a F car tail light lens.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 01-04-2019).]

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2019 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you!
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kinda odd that an inside diameter is larger than an outside diameter.....but it must be obvious to those who know the lens.
Rexgirl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simple explanation: clearly manufactured with the same technology as the TARDIS
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

kinda odd that an inside diameter is larger than an outside diameter.....but it must be obvious to those who know the lens.

No, that just happens when you are in a hurry and do not check the typing. You can (and I did) reverse the ID and OD numbers. I will go back and edit them to the correct values.

Nelson

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I notice that as well but figured you meant the inner light assembly was a different diameter than the outer light assembly.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock