Is Skitime still around ? by fierofrenzy
Started on: 12-17-2018 06:52 AM
Replies: 24 (911 views)
Last post by: fierofrenzy on 01-05-2019 07:25 AM
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2018 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody know if Skitime is still around ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2018 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old news. Dave Horst sold his custom Fiero several years ago. We have not seen him at Fieros at Carlisle since. I believe that car has changed hands about three times. Last I heard it was located somewhere out West. Are you the fellow that owned a Fiero called Gargoyle a while back?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2018 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen him post a couple of times since he sold his car. PM him, you never know he might get back to you.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2018 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He posted in this thread earlier this year, so he checks in from time to time. His car is currently owned my mrfiero in Colorado

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098057.html
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2018 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis, Gargoyle was owned and built by a man here in the Atlanta area. The car was sold, then resold to one of the Georgia members, OldOne. Due to major health problems, OldOne sold the car last month to a couple of young guys south of Atlanta who plan to resell the car.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2018 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis....no, I'm not that guy. the reason I'm asking is because I was talking to a Fiero nut out in Texas about a Fiero I saw with a plexiglass window in the rear deck lid. It clearly shower the engine set up in the car. I thought it was Skitimes car but I don't remember. I was at a friends house in Oley Pennsylvania at the time.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2018 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofrenzy

851 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Dennis....no, I'm not that guy. the reason I'm asking is because I was talking to a Fiero nut out in Texas about a Fiero I saw with a plexiglass window in the rear deck lid. It clearly shower the engine set up in the car. I thought it was Skitimes car but I don't remember. I was at a friends house in Oley Pennsylvania at the time.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2018 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

Dave Horst was meticulous about his build and IIRC had a special tempered glass panel cut and formed to fit on the deck lid. I don't believe that raw clear fiberglass is the way to go. That location experiences high heat and loads of UV. While I was always fond of the see through deck lid on Skitimes car, I viewed it as adding an invitation to thieves

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2018 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still around. On rare occasions I do check the forum to see what is going on. I even visited the Fiero show in Landisville this fall. It was great to see many friends there. I actually still have a red Pontiac but it is a Vibe. These days I am now retired from 35 years of being a tech ed teacher have been retired for 7 years now. I now apply my skills on my Jeep JKU Rubicon. Not for shows but offroad performance. I travel to the Rockies and Utah for a month or two every year to enjoy offroading.

In November I traveled to Australia for my daughters wedding. While there I spent 5 days with AusFiero for those that remember him. Jim had stayed at my house several different years while attending the Carlisle Fiero show and he always wanted to know when I would visit him. He was a great host and we had fun talking of old Fiero times while touring Australia.

As far as the deck lid window, I tried plexiglass but it would warp too much from the heat. I had a custom tempered piece of glass made.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 12-21-2018).]

fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2018 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dave. didn't we cross paths many many years ago at the Gilberts residence? that's where I saw your car. I believe it was you who sold me a bunch of 88 rear suspension parts. I just got to use some of that stuff just a few months ago. What ever happened to that car ?
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2018 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Dave. didn't we cross paths many many years ago at the Gilberts residence? that's where I saw your car. I believe it was you who sold me a bunch of 88 rear suspension parts. I just got to use some of that stuff just a few months ago. What ever happened to that car ?

Hi, All the suspension parts I had were from dismantled GTs. One was from a wrecking yard and one was from a GT my daughter was involved in a wreck.

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2018 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

You visited AusFiero and didn't bring back all the molds from his parts? Whats wrong with you?
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2018 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

You visited AusFiero and didn't bring back all the molds from his parts? Whats wrong with you?

He still has them. I saw them. Someone should get them for the Fiero community.

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2018 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

He still has them. I saw them. Someone should get them for the Fiero community.

Honestly, he made me an incredible offer for the molds. The issue I had was that some of the key molds were at the end of their lifespan which meant that I would have to make all new ones. At that point I would maybe break even with the sales and make no profit.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-22-2018).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2018 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Trent (Villain) claimed he was buying the molds, but I haven’t heard anything in a while.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2018 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Trent (Villain) claimed he was buying the molds, but I haven’t heard anything in a while.

I wouldn't count on Trent to produce anything. He claimed to have Al Lindsay's molds for the Corvette C4 style tail light panel and stated that he would be producing them. That was 2 years ago!!

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2018 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll start a conspiracy theory here.
Has anyone ever noticed that all the members that join this forum who claim to have those molds ARE from Florida where the part originated? It's like some big pot of gold that is under lock and key yet it gets passed around Florida like a big joint between certain individuals. Then those certain individuals hold on to the molds like a trophy before passing them to someone else.....yet no parts ever get produced.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-24-2018).]

88Fingers

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2018 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

like a big joint between certain individuals.

You mean ball joint right? What other joint is there?
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2018 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your probably talking about the "Joint Cheifs of Staff " then. Those guys are into Fieros, don't ya think ?
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2018 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey there!!
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2018 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there me ?
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey there me ?

I was just saying hello since I hadn't seen you on here in awhile!
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jen..( right?) I'm on one of these posts almost every day. Don't know how you missed me.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jen..( right?) I'm on one of these posts almost every day. Don't know how you missed me.

More my absence I should say. I pop in and out. There was a pic of you that I saw at dad's while I was home...probably had a can of POR15 in it.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2019 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jen, I sent you a PM. check it out.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock