Hey Another new guy joined by 86-ls-turbo
Started on: 12-01-2018 09:13 PM
Replies: 16 (239 views)
Last post by: 86-ls-turbo on 12-05-2018 12:58 PM
86-ls-turbo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2018 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86-ls-turboClick Here to Email 86-ls-turboSend a Private Message to 86-ls-turboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good evening guys
I recently joined this, I'm not too familiar with forums
Ive been into fieros for about 15 years, had my share of them
i started building an 86 t top with a very mild 350 carb and 4 speed, later found a 5 speed, after 6 runs on the drag strip found that didn't hold well (Isuzu) after that swapped carb for TPI and getrag 5 speed, that wasn't a bad set up but decided to boost it, twin turbos later it was a snappy car but found out when you decide to boost a 350 that you didn't buld for it and see how long it would last, you find out it wont last long lol, pulled the 350 out and cought the LS bug started swapping a 4.8 vortec and a 76mm turbo, found an 86 fastback that was all set up for road racing, with a cage and gutted, my wife convinced me to get that and swap again, so that in the works this winter, engine is in just a ton of odds and ends to deal with
so that s a little bit about me

IP: Logged

88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2018 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersClick Here to Email 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey 86-ls-turbo, welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a wealth of mechanical knowledge so that will be a great asset here and so glad you choose Fieros to race.
The guys and gals on these forums have all pretty much done and seen everything that can be done with the Fiero chassis so you are in the right place.
I personally have an '88 GT that I bought new and one I bought recently to convert into an endurance racer so I will follow what you do for race mods with great interest.
Welcome again and please post pictures of your endeavors!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 448
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Welcome to our obsession!

RCR

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRClick Here to Email RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Welcome to the family.

Bob

------------------

My Build

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 312
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Welcome and good luck on the project. While your technical ability sounds excellent, there is always something new to be learned or found here.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageClick Here to Email fierosoundSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Welcome aboard!

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

86-ls-turbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86-ls-turboClick Here to Email 86-ls-turboSend a Private Message to 86-ls-turboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you all, ive done some searching on here, there's about all the info you could ever need here
Thank you all in advance for help

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey 86 Welcome! You will be surprised how many Fieros are in West Michigan. You will be surprised how many are in the Metro Grand Rapids area. There are a few even in Rockford! I am kind of the event coordinator for the Fiero show & parking at Harvey Automotive for the 28th Street Metro Cruise .

86-ls-turbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86-ls-turboClick Here to Email 86-ls-turboSend a Private Message to 86-ls-turboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are quite a few fieros running around west Michigan, I've seen a hand full of them in the Rockford area over the last couple years too
very nice! I would love to make it back to the metro cruise, I was there about 5 years and had fun
I used to go to Fricanos cruise night on alpine, quite a few shows around GR (probably more than I should of, my car wasn't too special even with an sbc lol) I did one at 5/3 ball park and res life in Grandville unfortunately now I work in the asphalt industry and work 75-80hr weeks in the summer. I'm never really sure when I have to go in or when ill get out so its pretty hard to make any plans. I try to make it down to the drag strip at least for test and tune a couple times a year and hope to try a road coarse next year

86-ls-turbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86-ls-turboClick Here to Email 86-ls-turboSend a Private Message to 86-ls-turboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

heres the power plant in the new build, shooting for 500 hp to the wheels hopefully everything will hold up lol

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroClick Here to Email NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Welcome 🙂!!!

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 312
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86-ls-turbo:

heres the power plant in the new build, shooting for 500 hp to the wheels hopefully everything will hold up lol

Looking good! With 500 RWHP what manual transmission can hold up? Outside of the 4T65eHD; AFAIK there is no manual trans that can be used in a Fiero that can take that type of power.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

86-ls-turbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86-ls-turboClick Here to Email 86-ls-turboSend a Private Message to 86-ls-turboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you Dennis, Right now I'm running a getrag from a cavilier. I have an extra one too, going with a little bit of hope and not trying to pull the front tires off wheels at every launch ( just most of them lol )

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerClick Here to visit R Runner's HomePageClick Here to Email R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Welcome Sir!

------------------
Paul

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageClick Here to Email fierosoundSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86-ls-turbo:

Thank you Dennis, Right now I'm running a getrag from a cavilier. I have an extra one too, going with a little bit of hope and not trying to pull the front tires off wheels at every launch ( just most of them lol )

Pulling a wheelie is not as easy as you think.
I think you'll be breaking the transmissions with that power.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweet!

Welcome!

86-ls-turbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86-ls-turboClick Here to Email 86-ls-turboSend a Private Message to 86-ls-turboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm pretty sure it will never lift the front tires too, I launched my 350 a few times on boost and it never really tried to lift the tires
I'm sure I will break a trans or 2 or 3 in the process but I'm going to have some fun with it

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock