Anyone in the portland area? by Phlebmaster
Started on: 12-01-2018 08:12 PM
Replies: 2 (93 views)
Last post by: Phlebmaster on 12-02-2018 03:41 PM
Phlebmaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2018 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhlebmasterSend a Private Message to PhlebmasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple of issues with my 86 GT I need to sort out. The first thing is the car stopped running last week ( no spark) so I suspect the ignorant control module as the culprit. The only thing is it could also be the pick up coil because there’s a bit of rust in the distributor.

What I would like to ask is if anyone local (Portland metro area) could let me borrow a known working distributor or even just the ICM for an hour or so to see if that’s causing the no spark. I did the tests with a multimeter but I am not that good at deciphering that stuff. I can get the distributor pretty reasonably but if all I need is the ICM that would be great.

I am willing to pick it up and bring it back the same day. It’s worth asking... besides I’d like to meet a local Fiero enthusiast and make a connection. Thank you for reading.

On a side note...I also own a powder coating business in troutdale and would love to help out with any needs in that regard. I plan to do my wheels and possibly the upper plenum on my car. If I have the powder in stock I’ll do it for cost for a PFF member.

Aaron

------------------
Aaron H
1986 Fiero GT 2.8- A dream car of mine since childhood- Stock now, but looking for creative options to upgrade this wonderful car
2000 Caddy Deville- Has the Northstar- possible donor engine

[This message has been edited by Phlebmaster (edited 12-01-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2018 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Phlebmaster, that is a very generous offer you are giving the Forum members for the powder coating, thank you for that.
Just wanted to welcome you and wish you well with the ignition issue. The people on here will no doubt have some answers for you.
I am close to you I think here in Ontario Canada maybe 4500 miles or so but what's that for fellow Fiero enthusiasts eh?
Welcome again and good luck with the issue.
Phlebmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhlebmasterSend a Private Message to PhlebmasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88Fingers:

Hey Phlebmaster, that is a very generous offer you are giving the Forum members for the powder coating, thank you for that.
Just wanted to welcome you and wish you well with the ignition issue. The people on here will no doubt have some answers for you.
I am close to you I think here in Ontario Canada maybe 4500 miles or so but what's that for fellow Fiero enthusiasts eh?
Welcome again and good luck with the issue.

Thank you, you’re not that far away. lol

I’d like to meet a few local members and this is a great opportunity to make that happen. Giving back is a habit of mine and I’d like to offer something valuable in return for the help.

------------------
Aaron H
1986 Fiero GT 2.8- A dream car of mine since childhood- Stock now, but looking for creative options to upgrade this wonderful car
2000 Caddy Deville- Has the Northstar- possible donor engine

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock