Stock Drivetrain Fiero 3rd In LeMons High Plains by BadNewsBrendan
Started on: 11-29-2018 12:36 PM
Replies: 6 (191 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 11-29-2018 05:35 PM
BadNewsBrendan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BadNewsBrendanSend a Private Message to BadNewsBrendanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I'd share this LeMons wrap up video because a stock drivetrain Fiero won the Index of Effluency award and placed 3rd overall. Looks pretty sweet too. It shows up at 7:46 in the video but the whole video is pretty cool too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVUJ9svA6oA
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BadNewsBrendan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BadNewsBrendanSend a Private Message to BadNewsBrendanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also if anyone knows whose that is I would love to see some more pictures and how they set up the cage, seat and what all they upgraded. Contemplating turning the 3800 sc build im doing into a LeMons car.
KMFDMFAN

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what effluence is but had to look this one up!

from the Wiki article:
"Index of Effluency (or IOE) is the top prize awarded in the 24 Hours of LeMons automotive racing series. General criteria to win this award is a car that is too
unreliable to be driven effectively on the streets yet manages to complete a decent number of laps on the race track. IOE can be awarded to a vehicle that was
deemed unreliable from the factory (e.g. Volkswagen Karmann Ghia) or a more reliable car with an unwise engine transplant (e.g. Ford Thunderbird with a
BMW diesel engine)."

:-)

[This message has been edited by KMFDMFAN (edited 11-29-2018).]

BadNewsBrendan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BadNewsBrendanSend a Private Message to BadNewsBrendanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That ought to trigger some people on here I saw another one where a fiero won most heroic fix for dropping the whole cradle to swap engines in the pits. They talked crap on Fiero's reliability on that one too lol.
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.facebook.com/SaltyThunderRacing/

Salty Thunder Racing, they have two similar cars and are very active in LeMons. Good for them! Racing a Fiero is very rewarding but it is not the best platform... They have it figured out for sure.
BadNewsBrendan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BadNewsBrendanSend a Private Message to BadNewsBrendanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome thanks! Will have to check out their page when I get off work. I have seen much worse platforms used in lemons but its all for fun and I have no misconceptions of ever winning. Finishing a race or even making it to one would be great
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BadNewsBrendan:

Finishing a race or even making it to one would be great

So true!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock