Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Mystery Silver Fiero Notche Spotted this AM on a rather blah dark winter day. Nice!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Mystery Silver Fiero Notche Spotted this AM on a rather blah dark winter day. Nice! by solotwo
Started on: 11-27-2018 10:11 AM
Replies: 4 (216 views)
Last post by: Yorgle on 11-28-2018 10:43 AM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dark and gloomy skies are looming as day break is trying to illuminate the area at 7:20ish AM. A rather dark depressing typical winter day in West Michigan making one feel blah. As I was getting on I-96 at the Leonard Street east bound on ramp, I looked into my drivers side mirror to see where I could squeeze into the right lane. I see some headlights in the Left lane just a little ways back, & my mind was thinking I know that pattern. Hmm what is it? I glanced again, no cant be! A Fiero? . I keep glancing in my side mirror to see in the darkness if I can tell what kind of sports car it is. As we are progressing on the interstate a few hundred yards down the road, I keep looking in my mirror. As the Silver Notchback SE passes I see the exhaust pipes and hear that wonderful sound, yes it has the V6. Nice. You don't see Fieros out on the roads in this area this time of the year. Granted the snow that fell yesterday has been plowed & the main roads are dry. Those Fieros sure look good going down the road, low and wide! Reminds me of when I drove my Fieros in the winter for over 15 years. What a nice "pick me up" to a normally blah stressful day ahead at work. I tried to catch up but with traffic at this time of day I could not before the 28th Street east exit that I must take to get to work.

So who is this person driving a Silver SE Notchback east on I-96? Who is the Mystery person?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you ever catch up to the Mystery Person, tell him/her to put the car away or risk loosing it to rust. The roads may be dry but there is still salt on there.....even little piles at intersections.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 11-27-2018).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

If you ever catch up to the Mystery Person, tell him/her to put the car away or risk loosing it to rust. The roads may be dry but there is still salt on there.....even little piles at intersections.

Hmm young man you are talking to the wrong person. First the roads were dry. No moisture and wet salt. Ok so much for that car, Next I drove my first Fiero over 12 years & 100,000 plus miles all year long. It came from Texas, spent a few years in Pittsburgh and then I drove it. I did rustproof the bottom and every summer I would look for rust and if I found some I would take care of it. So I did do what you say not to do with good results. LOL
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Hmm young man you are talking to the wrong person. First the roads were dry. No moisture and wet salt. Ok so much for that car, Next I drove my first Fiero over 12 years & 100,000 plus miles all year long. It came from Texas, spent a few years in Pittsburgh and then I drove it. I did rustproof the bottom and every summer I would look for rust and if I found some I would take care of it. So I did do what you say not to do with good results. LOL

You sir, are the exception, not the rule. We can only hope that people take care of their Fieros that well. Sadly, they do not. Dryness does not matter as your tires pick up that dad-blasted salt and bring it along until you hit a puddle.......Michigan Fiero owners who want to keep their cars in good shape should put them away on Halloween.
Yorgle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YorgleSend a Private Message to YorgleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greetings from a fellow midwest maniac who actually drives his cars in winter and who also suffers the frequent admonishment of fellow gas station patrons and parking lot passers by. Since 2004, I've logged over 80K miles on my 1968 Mercury Cougar and I bought my 86 Fiero with every intent to drive it, like my faithful Cougar, through every sort of meteorological nastiness. Yes, salt is hard on cars and rust is unavoidable. But dammit, I like driving cool cars and if some bodywork every few years frees me from the bland, boring, beige, soul-destroying boxes I see everyone else driving, so be it. Besides, just how much are any of these cars actually worth? Back when I was unloading my newly delivered 68 Cougar off the trailer, one of my dad's friends (who just stopped by with his $55K plus Dodge Ram), chided me "you're not going to drive that in winter here in Wisconsin!?!!! I only paid $6,800 for my Cougar. So who's the crazy one? I bought my 86 Fiero for my daughters in darn-near perfect condition for $1,500! In the Mall section on these forums, on Craigslist and on ebay, guys are practically giving these cars away. So drive it, I say. Fix the rust as it comes along and if you ever doubt your decision to do so, simply look into the lifeless, hopeless eyes of the guy in the silver Camry next to you at the stoplight and all misgivings about rust will vanish.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock