My "New" 88 Formula T-Top! by Habanera Hal
Started on: 11-17-2018 06:43 PM
Replies: 9 (339 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 11-18-2018 09:19 PM
Habanera Hal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2018 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She's home! Just went out to Jacksonville, FL to pick her up. Drove 125 miles back to Ocala with nary a hiccup. Oil pressure 60-65 psi, voltage 13.8, water temp 120. Not bad for 146k miles!

Cars & Concepts #718, automatic. Seems to be 100% original except for a Kenwood stereo (even still has the door chime) Seems to be exactly what I wanted: Good to excellent mechanical condition, cosmetically challenged - the clear coat is clouded and the Beechwood interior is desperately crying out "Please get me some Mr. Mike's!"

Tomorrow begins the cleaning and sorting!

[This message has been edited by Habanera Hal (edited 11-17-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Skull_Bandit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2018 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Skull_BanditSend a Private Message to Skull_BanditEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car. Love the T-Tops
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2018 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some more "as delivered" pics (still trying to figure out PIP)

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2018 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Looks like a good project!

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: Restoration project
14 GMC Sierra: Daily Driver

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Door glass is not scratched. Can you tell me where you park at night so I can drive 3,000 km and steal them and drive home??
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, door glass is not scratched, but I do need new dew wipes.
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow !!!! nice Fiero man, real nice !!!!
Ahh, the ever so popular dew wipe job. done it myself more than once. Do you have "the tool " to get the screws out ? and when you put them back in, either use a magnet tool to hold the screw or tape over the hole in the dew wipe, screw the screw into the tape, and there it will stay till you screw it into the door. You are gonna change the DW's, right ? with a Fiero that nice, I sure would.
FastOwen2XLL

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastOwen2XLLSend a Private Message to FastOwen2XLLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

Wow !!!! nice Fiero man, real nice !!!!
Ahh, the ever so popular dew wipe job. done it myself more than once. Do you have "the tool " to get the screws out ? and when you put them back in, either use a magnet tool to hold the screw or tape over the hole in the dew wipe, screw the screw into the tape, and there it will stay till you screw it into the door. You are gonna change the DW's, right ? with a Fiero that nice, I sure would.

Check out this YouTube DIY:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiRvvZNDw7Q][/url]

It's an alternative method for changing the dew wipes that involves removing the glass tracks and shifting the glass that doesn't require the micro-short phillips 'tool'. looks to be more work on one hand, but easier on the other.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the window stops are removed the door glass will be able to slide up high enough so that the end screws can be reached with a standard screwdriver. Just make sure that you mark them so that they can be re-installed in the same place. Rodney's flat phillips screw driver tool doesn't always work.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock