New guy introduction by Yorgle
Started on: 11-13-2018 12:40 PM
Replies: 11 (397 views)
Last post by: theogre on 11-30-2018 01:18 PM
Yorgle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2018 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YorgleSend a Private Message to YorgleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greetings folks. I just bought an 86 2M4 (2.5L auto) for my daughter to tool around in. I'm new to Fieros, having spent the past 30 years or so playing with vintage Mustangs and Cougars, but I'm looking forward to learning more about these great little cars. My first order of business is to rebuild a set of headlight motors that I picked up for $40 last night and then, perhaps, see what might be done to eek a wee bit more oomph out of the mighty Duke.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2018 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greetings and welcome!

Not much eeking to be done on a Duke.......
Yorgle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2018 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YorgleSend a Private Message to YorgleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Greetings and welcome!

Not much eeking to be done on a Duke.......

After about an hour of perusing this site and other parts of the interwebs, I see what you mean. Not to worry, no dreams crushed.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2018 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Yorgle:

...perhaps, see what might be done to eek a wee bit more oomph out of the mighty Duke.

After about an hour of perusing this site and other parts of the interwebs, I see what you mean. Not to worry, no dreams crushed.

"Dreams" might've been somewhat crushed Here, but there's no point lying to people.

Welcome to the forum.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-13-2018).]

fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2018 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Yougle and welcome to the Forum and better yet the fun world of owning a Fiero. Even though its your daughters, I'm sure you'll be the one working on it, right? Were all here to help.
Since she'll just be "tooling" around, she, and you, may just find the Duke to be pleanty enough to do the "tooling" I just bought an 87 Duke planning on the same, a few more ponies. But after driving her around these past couple months, I'm quite pleased with the cars practicality( for lack of better words) . if I want to run faster, I got a Formula to pick things up a bit.
You can always graduate to a V-6 in the future if Fiero's grow on her like it did to us.
Learn more about the car, find out the suppliers, and enjoy the ride. I think a good idea is also to get a repair manual like Chiltons to help you better understand the cars makings. Its loaded with pleanty of illistrations showing how this unique ride is put together.
OH YEA, check your gas guage !!!! Every one of mine was very inaccurate. you don't want her to run out of gas and be stranded anywhere.
Have fun and enjoy the ride !
Yorgle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2018 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YorgleSend a Private Message to YorgleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the warning about the fuel gauge.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2018 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to our obsession!

(BTW... The "common knowledge" says that Fieros tend to "suck wind" with 1/4 tank indicated on the gauge. YMMV. )

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Yorgle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YorgleSend a Private Message to YorgleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Figured I'd better post a pic:
[img]
Oregon88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!! Welcome to the obsession!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[img]

Just so you know... a single set of IMG tags is all you want to use for each image.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum!
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Greetings folks. I just bought an 86 2M4 (2.5L auto) for my daughter to tool around in. I'm new to Fieros, having spent the past 30 years or so playing with vintage Mustangs and Cougars, but I'm looking forward to learning more about these great little cars. My first order of business is to rebuild a set of headlight motors that I picked up for $40 last night and then, perhaps, see what might be done to eek a wee bit more oomph out of the mighty Duke.
Don't bother on trying to added power but should check engine timing, gas pedal and cable, etc, are right or you will have problems just driving normally.
See my Cave, Throttle Cable and rest of section.

And check the brakes now too. Many think is an "upgrade" to use front calipers on rear axle and worse then sold to first sucker buyer w/o telling the car have bad brakes.
See my Cave, Brake Service and rest of section.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 11-30-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock