Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is anyone still making the brackets for a 3800 swap?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is anyone still making the brackets for a 3800 swap? by bulldog85043
Started on: 11-05-2018 12:32 AM
Replies: 10 (472 views)
Last post by: jb1 on 12-12-2018 05:28 AM
bulldog85043

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to find a current lead on who is selling the brackets. I've been told by my "steering committee" (every married man has one) that the Fiero that has been sitting in the garage waiting for me to replace the motor needs to either start progressing or it should go elsewhere.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

~Trevor
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I make a full set of mounts and Fiero Rig makes brackets.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When buying mounts and brackets the stick swap will reuse the mounts and brackets on them. . The auto swaps with the 3800SC gen II and 3800SC Gen III engines use different transmission mounts. The 95-03 and 04-07 trans mounts are not the same.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-11-2018).]

dobie1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
West Coast Fiero makes all the brackets you’ll need for the swap.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try James L Brown on FB
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go with James Brown’s (jb1) mounts. Fiero Rog’s are good but may cause the engine to sit a bit too high and you have to upgrade your mounts to use them. It ends up costing about double. Do NOT go with WCF unless you want to wait forever and get the worst customer service imaginable.
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be glad to help any way I can..

------------------
3800sc plug and play harnesses for sale.

85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
Northstar Rebuild

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 12-04-2018).]

PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2018 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does west coast still have the same garbage reputation they've always had ?

------------------

MINNESOTA MAFIA Real men get blown If you're going to run your mouth make sure the proof isn't all over the net that you're full of sh!t.
87 GT MP-112 powered, 3800 Supercharged on 19's 372 rwhp & tuning____88 GT T-top 1 of very few, 000,204.1 miles
87 GT custom______2007GSXR 1000
Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, Ya want to hit it, but are afraid of the consequences.
IF YOU AIN'T BREAKING STUFF..................IT AIN'T MODDED ENOUGH
If your'e not living on the edge..........you're taking up too much room.
Best Fiero mounts available

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2018 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Does west coast still have the same garbage reputation they've always had ?

Yep
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2018 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 for FieroRog. I bought all my mounts from him, and they are well manufactured, and customer service is bar none. A VERY nice and honest guy to deal with. You can find all his mounts in HIS THREAD.
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2018 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger is a great guy, and does excellent work.. while we both sell mounts I have nothing but good to say about Roger , I have spoke with him many times and consider him a friend.. I mainly been building harnesses a little over 2 years but started making mounts about a year ago,
If you have Facebook check out my page. , I need to post and update a bit, but not had much time to do so...

https://www.facebook.com/Fiero3800harnesses/
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock