Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Project Performance Upgrade II underway!!!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project Performance Upgrade II underway!!! by bjm362
Started on: 11-02-2018 03:26 PM
Replies: 1 (251 views)
Last post by: Spadesluck on 11-06-2018 09:22 AM
bjm362

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2018 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjm362Send a Private Message to bjm362Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I have my '88 Fiero GT with a Cadillac 4500 V8 and a 440T4 4 speed AOD transmission.

When I got it, that V8 was probably making about the same HP as the original V6.

The first efforts at upgrading performance were simple, and went well. I fixed some minor problems it had, removed the 2 barrel
Holley that had been adapted in and replaced it with a 450 CFM 4 barrel. Then I adjusted the shift points and feel. That all definitely woke things up a bit!
I felt like that resulted in about a 40 HP gain to around 175, but now it is time to try and make a bigger jump!

I am shooting for close to 300 HP.
I have ordered a 4.9. I am planning to have some 614 casting (Closed combustion chamber) heads
opened up, ported, polished and get oversized valves installed and later rocker arms (1.6 to 1 ratio rather than 1.5).
I ordered a cam from Delta Camshafts. I already have a modified for higher flow intake manifold, as well as a modern improved design 625 CFM carb.
Oh, and if 300 ponies doesn't run fast enough, I bought a Nitrous Express ML 1000 kit!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2018 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 4.9 caddy motor sitting in my donor car waiting on me as well. I have all the allante stuff sitting in the garage ready to swap and I was going to do the delta cam. Keep us posted on how the progress is going with pictures.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock