Time to spend some money. by timenewton
Started on: 10-30-2018 03:58 PM
Replies: 7 (416 views)
Last post by: timenewton on 11-05-2018 09:41 PM
timenewton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2018 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timenewtonSend a Private Message to timenewtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im the guy who has wanted to sell his fiero with a 3800sc but cant because everyone wants it for free soooo.......... Time to spend some money ha and keep it. Ive got my ideas for the exterior and a few for the exterior. I want a few more ponies attached to the getrag that im going to put into it, Exhaust wise I already have a zzp power log on one side to cherrybomb muffler and straight out. Would adding speed daddy 1.5 to 3 inch oulet with a y pipe to straight exhaust help any? Im not looking to do much more to the engine beside maybe adding some different lifter springs and adding a northstar throttle body.

I do want to upgrade the suspension and add adjustable rear coilovers. Ive not really found many rims that are lighter than the fiero stock rims at a decent price. Im going to cut several points once I get a chance but that steel space frame is pretty good already. Yes im keeping my A/C. I've already got rid of my rear trunk key hole to make it more modern with just an electric trunk button and a smooth outer trunk looks great. Also I got rid of the notchback inserts for the tail lights which make it superbright. Im going to get rid of the pop up lights and install standard straight lights.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2018 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool Man! Way to keep the faith brother! The changes you suggest sound great and am glad you are still Fieroized!!
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2018 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you've not done so already, you might want to consider refreshing the suspension bushings all round and front shocks as well. Just did all mine, pain in the butt to do but well worth it, all the old stuff was pretty much shot, being 30 plus ears old. I also built my own coilovers for the rear. You can see what I did on my web site in the Diary -> 2018 section.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2018 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

If you've not done so already, you might want to consider refreshing the suspension bushings all round and front shocks as well. Just did all mine, pain in the butt to do but well worth it, all the old stuff was pretty much shot, being 30 plus ears old. I also built my own coilovers for the rear. You can see what I did on my web site in the Diary -> 2018 section.

Did you go poly our rubber on the bushings?
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2018 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Did you go poly our rubber on the bushings?

I replaced every rubber bushing with poly, never again unless I'm building a track-only car.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did polyurethane everything on my 84-87 Fiero as a daily driver for about 40k miles, and I thought the ride was smooth.

YMMV

Originally posted by timenewton:
Ive not really found many rims that are lighter than the fiero stock rims at a decent price.

You've got to pay to play...

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 11-04-2018).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went with rubber, it's a road car (or will be one day lol!), low maintenance and quiet is good for me...

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

timenewton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timenewtonSend a Private Message to timenewtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Already has poly. I need a rear sway bar and to update the shocks and struts all around.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock