Whats this "parts" issue all about ? by fierofrenzy
Started on: 10-29-2018 07:52 PM
Replies: 2 (319 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 10-30-2018 05:35 PM
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2018 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everybody. I'm trying to understand why there is ( sometimes) a parts issue that I read about on here, usually in "the Mall" link. People looking for certain parts for their Fiero, sometimes common, some a little more rare. 88 steering rack or cradle for example. So I did a small amount of reserch today and made a phone call to TFF auto center. Letters look familiar?
TFF auto was origionally the Fiero Factory, and they are still very much into supplying Fiero parts to whoever places an order. I told them I was very much involved in the Fiero, and asked for a quote on certain 88 parts. The 88 steering rack and front wheel bearings. I figured if they had those to offer, they pretty much should have anything. They immediately were able to give me a price on the items.
I then asked that if I came up there would I be able to brose the property and pull whatever parts I wanted myself. They told me " no" because of insurance purposes.
My point here is this. Between the Fiero Store, the now TFF Auto, Rodney Dickman, Ebay, and a few people on here breaking up Fieros for parts, are some of us, to what I imagine, having a problem finding the parts they need? I have both an 87 and an 88, and have been very fortunate to get ahold of whatever I need. I'm very thankful for that, considering my cars are 30 years old. I'm even more thankful for this site and all you people who have been extremeyt helpful answering my posts.
So why are some of us searching when it seems to me our large suppliers are there?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2018 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe a large part of the problem is simply that quite a few Fiero owners (Especially NEW owners) do not know about all of those resources......Another resource is called "Row52" which is a search engine for Pick & Pull and some other dismantlers.........

Sadly, some people also have an aversion to some of these resources- I for one am happy with any support I can find for my.......addiction......and I SUPPORT them as much as possible.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2018 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Except for certain 88 items, the market is flooded with parts. Prices are even dropping as few new people are coming into the Fiero hobby.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock