Interior Door Handle Piece by 88Fingers
Started on: 10-19-2018 08:06 PM
Replies: 20 (411 views)
Last post by: spirit on 12-27-2018 10:50 AM
88Fingers

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2018 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersClick Here to Email 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello People! The restoration of the '88 continues and I was wondering if anyone knows of this little black plastic piece behind the door handle towards the back and where I can get one?
Got a used bezel from TFS and it is great but does not include this trim piece. The raw inside of the door looks funky and I would really like this piece to install!
Any ideas anyone? Thank you for considering this request.

IP: Logged

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2018 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensClick Here to Email copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have some, but forgot if they're for power locks or not.

88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2018 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersClick Here to Email 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello Copperhens! Love your work on the black GT BTW, just wonderful! I believe that for this trim piece it doesn't matter about power locks or not as it just sits behind the handle rearward of the bezel.
My PO bezel was cracked as well and TFS bezel took care of that but the second piece is still missing. If you have one I would gladly purchase it from you and pay shipping.
Let me know and Thank You so much!

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2018 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Post a photo o0f what you have so we can determine exactly what is missing. If I have one I will send it to you for the postage cost.

Nelson

88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2018 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersClick Here to Email 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you Nelson. I will try posting the pic I have. Usually it tells me the pic size is wrong.

88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2018 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersClick Here to Email 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup, that is what happens. I don'know how to resize the photo for PIP. It is the black plastic piece that is right behind the interior door handle. I believe it overlaps with the bezel to give a finished look.
Thank you for responding though.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 177
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2018 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadClick Here to Email olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He is looking for the black plastic piece that clips to the inner handle bracket, and trims out the area between the inner door stamping and the handle trim bezel.

The same piece is used on many GM cars from the era, including Camaro.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 10-22-2018).]

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2018 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88Fingers:

Thank you Nelson. I will try posting the pic I have. Usually it tells me the pic size is wrong.

Send the photo to me and I will resize and post it for you. Use the listed PFF email.

Nelson

88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2018 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersClick Here to Email 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Olejoedad, you are correct sir. That is the part I need. I will try the photo thing again

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2018 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is the photo that Fred needed posted.

Nelson

88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2018 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersClick Here to Email 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you Nelson! Now where can I find that part? Not too many in junkyards around here. I have been checking classifieds.

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2018 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTClick Here to Email CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Until you find the real piece, you could get some thin plastic, cut it into the shape you need & slide it in.

88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2018 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersClick Here to Email 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So True Coolblue87GT! It is mostly for photo OP anyway right? This is the Targa Race car anyways so it isn't that big a deal but I do like finish detail. I thought the Fiero store bezel replacement would have included this part but I was wrong. That's okay. I will find one somewhere! Thank you everyone!

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2018 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonClick Here to Email David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I sent a text to Marc in Grimsby referring him to this thread. He has lots of Fiero parts; he posts on Kijiji regularly.

88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2018 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersClick Here to Email 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Thanks David! You are top drawer in my books! Should I just keep an eye on Kijiji then?

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2018 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonClick Here to Email David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I should get a reply unless he's away... or he might post on here. Anyway, there are parts ads currently on Kijiji but whether anyone has the part in question or not is the question.

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2018 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonClick Here to Email David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's a current ad:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-othe...hNavigationFlag=true

88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2018 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersClick Here to Email 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey David, thanks for that update. I got the door handle piece from Mike Valentine but this guy seems like a good resource.
BTW David, I saw you mention a shop that will work on Fieros. Could I get the info from you in case I need some work done that I can't handle myself?
Thank you David.....Fred W

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2018 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonClick Here to Email David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stevens Auto Electric Grimsby. Great guys!

88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2018 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersClick Here to Email 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Right on man! Thank you

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2018 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritClick Here to Email spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After going thru my stash I found the part you were looking fonis actualy on the handle not on the trim part

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock