Whats the latest at Fiero Factory by fierofrenzy
Started on: 10-19-2018 08:58 AM
Replies: 5 (331 views)
Last post by: mrfiero on 10-19-2018 06:40 PM
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2018 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everybody, now that I live in Georgia, just north of Atlanta, it would be no problem for me to take a ride to the Fiero Factory to see the place and gaulk over all the Fiero's.
so I'm wondering what is actually taking place there ? Is the Fiero still their major interest ? If so, do they ever have any events inviting Fiero owners to come by and browse the property ?
Theres a bunch of things I don't need but would like to store away, and I figure the Fiero Factory is my best bet to obtain everything at one place.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2018 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been a couple of years since I have been at the old Fiero Factory (now TFF Auto IIRC) but they had a lot of Fieros plus several buildings full of Fiero parts. I suggest that you call them and see if they can assist you with your needs.

(256) 420-5391

Nelson
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2018 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At a time when Fiero parts prices are dropping, I am told the Fiero Factory is still trying to charge top dollar. Unlike in years past, few new people are coming into the Fiero hobby, the demand for parts has dropped substantially and so have the prices. I would say price online before going there or assemble a list and ask for a quote beforehand. This way you can avoid being disappointed.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2018 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a real smart idea Dennis, one I'll put to good use, thanks !

I would imagine that one of the most costly parts to aquire are the front wheel bearings. I figure about $150 for the pair. then the steering rack. these are a few of the items I have in mind. I actually don't need either one of them, but if they ever do go bad, I don't wabt to be confronted with the problem of finding them in the future...……

……..when Fieros are worth a million dollars a piece.....hahaha
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2018 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I remember, Ed and Rosey used to have get togethers on a regular basis and he used to post a lot of photos on here of the fun. Now under the new owner, well, I guess those days are over.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 10-19-2018).]

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2018 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The reason the swap meets ended was poor attendance due to the poor economy at the time. The number of people showing up each year dwindled to the point of not being worth the effort. That happened when Ed still owned it so let's not blame Jeremy for that.

Also, Ed was very proud of his parts too. If anyone thinks he gave the stuff away then I have a bridge to sell you. Jeremy has overhead (rent, insurance, labor, etc.) so he can't match the prices of some guy parting out his car in his spare time. I'm guilty of this myself....I sell parts relatively cheaply. Partly because I have far too much and want it gone and partly because I don't have to pay an employee to find a part, clean it up, box it and mail it out. Jeremy does so he needs to charge more than $5 for whatever widget we're talking about otherwise bills don't get paid.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we as a community help each other out, but there are still businesses out there catering to the Fiero that need to make a living. The same people deriding TFF for their high prices seem to laud The Fiero Store for providing a valuable service even though much of what they sell can be sourced elsewhere for far less money.

This is the main reason TFF now works on all makes & models.....if they relied solely on Fieros for their livelihood they would have closed up years ago.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock