My gauge lights blink with blinkers on by copperhens
Started on: 10-18-2018 10:18 AM
Replies: 2 (218 views)
Last post by: theogre on 10-19-2018 12:06 AM
copperhens

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2018 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I turn on my left blinker, all the gauge lights and cig lights blink( big floor or overheads). When I turn in my right blinker, nothing happens it is just solid. With my running lights on, my blinkers are both solid. The front side markers only work when right blinker is on. The backs are always on generally and don’t blink at all.

This car has had this issue since I got it. Now I oughta fix it. I know PO rebuilt engine, they also hot wired the fan. And cut the factory subwoofer wires. Also an aftermarket radio in car. Horn doesn’t work...

Ideas of how to fix the blinkers?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lurtz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2018 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not an electrical expert... but this sounds like a ground issue to me. I would find the ground link for your blinker relay and check to make sure contact is good. The grounding on these cars being 30+ years old are known to cause fits after years of corrosion. The ground straps on these cars were also not the most robust to begin with, and as you mentioned the PO probably inadvertently made the issue worse.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2018 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See my Cave, Sneak Path to start.
then check other grounds and plugs to the dash.

See my Cave, Dash Dimmer for full wiring for dimmer.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock