4.6 Northstar Swap Project by copperhens
Started on: 10-09-2018 08:09 AM
Replies: 46 (909 views)
Last post by: copperhens on 12-06-2018 05:20 PM
copperhens

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensClick Here to Email copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phlebmaster:

It’s a 2000 Deville. Runs great with lowish miles for the year ... 130,000. That engine is a rocket in the big car and it would be amazing in the light GT.

Thanks for the tips on more swap information. Looking forward to seeing your version.

Nice! I've never driven a northstar, so it'll be interesting for me. Those 2000s Cadillacs are pretty sharp for how old they are.

IP: Logged

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensClick Here to Email copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The oil distribution manifold came today. Nothing really wrong with my old one, but it's recommended to get a new one since the seals are melded into it. I bought it from eBay for $45.99.

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good man looking good! Never buy anything from HF without that 20% off coupon. I got the same cherry picker for pulling my jetski motors, its a handy sumbitch and nice it folds up!

shem

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensClick Here to Email copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Looking good man looking good! Never buy anything from HF without that 20% off coupon. I got the same cherry picker for pulling my jetski motors, its a handy sumbitch and nice it folds up!

shem

Thanks! Yup, this 20% coupon is pretty great. I’ve necer been to harbor freight before this year, I like it a lot now.

Phlebmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhlebmasterClick Here to Email PhlebmasterSend a Private Message to PhlebmasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by copperhens:

Nice! I've never driven a northstar, so it'll be interesting for me. Those 2000s Cadillacs are pretty sharp for how old they are.

Thank you. Yes they seem to have that classy look even today. You will not be disappointed with your northstar in the Fiero. The sounds are intoxicating under the hood and the exhaust notes will make you giggle. The engine launches this tuba lard off the line and can embarrass a stock mustang but the 45-70 mph launches are the best.... I can pass pretty much anything without breaking a sweat.

Keep it up!! Good work
------------------
Aaron H
1986 Fiero GT 2.8- A dream car of mine since childhood- Stock now, but looking for creative options to upgrade this wonderful car
2000 Caddy Deville- Has the Northstar- possible donor engine

[This message has been edited by Phlebmaster (edited 11-30-2018).]

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2018 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensClick Here to Email copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phlebmaster:

Thank you. Yes they seem to have that classy look even today. You will not be disappointed with your northstar in the Fiero. The sounds are intoxicating under the hood and the exhaust notes will make you giggle. The engine launches this tuba lard off the line and can embarrass a stock mustang but the 45-70 mph launches are the best.... I can pass pretty much anything without breaking a sweat.

Keep it up!! Good work

That’s good to hear. I’m excited for the his swap.

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2018 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensClick Here to Email copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another boring post. I haven't had time to work on the motor aside from some cleaning. This Saturday I hope to make some progress.

The last of the goodies came. Here are the Northstar Performance head studs. They're heavier than they look(8lbs!).

I also had to get 16 new rod bolts(part #12552947) , because they are TTY. I got these from GM Parts Direct for $5.04/bolt. Don't use this company! They would not ship the bolts until I sent them a heated email. Took two weeks to get these bolts. I should've checked the reviews, because they were all bad. Oh well, at least I got my stuff. I've heard good stuff about "Cheapest GM Parts", and their rod bolts would've been cheaper by $3. The more ya know lol.

Look at those threads!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock