Started on: 09-29-2018 09:12 PM
Replies: 19 (584 views)
Last post by: Kitskaboodle on 10-12-2018 07:28 PM
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2018 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a long hiatus consisting of life changes and circumstances, and being Fiero-less, I am now back thanks to my stepson. I have missed all of you, and this community, and am looking forward to being a part of this world again. So fast forward to now, I received an '85 GT from my brother for the wonderful price of free! My stepson Dalton decided he wanted it as his first car, so we have two years to tear this car completely down and build her back up again. As you will see from the pics, it's an interesting car with a scissor door kit and all. I'll admit, I think they are played out, and I was hoping he would tell me he wanted the conventional doors back. But that was not so, he's excited about them! That means I get to play body guy and alter the fenders and door wiring to accommodate the doors. My brother had the car for a year or so, and could never get it to run. I looked at it this evening for the first time and saw that the coolant temp sensor terminal was broken off and the harness laying under some wiring. Connected it up, threw jumper cables on, and she came alive! The excitement in Dalton's eyes was immeasurable, and I'm happy he has gotten excited for the build. He has been mulling over plans for it, but for me, it's take inventory of what is needed for the car. Preliminary inspection shows that we need a headlight motor rebuild (probably convert to 87-88), seats, dash cracks fixed, I could go on and on. Without further ado, here she is...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88Fingers

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2018 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kudos to you man! It will be great to see you rock this thang!!
Long live Fiero's and Fiero enthusiasts!! Oh Yeah!!!
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2018 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome Back!!
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2018 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed your long absence but figured you simply lost interest. You touched a lot of hearts with the Tyler Shipman project and were a big part of this forum so it's nice to have you back...oh and uh, if you leave again, I'll come find you Andrew

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-29-2018).]

fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2018 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's such a nice story, and I'm sure you and your stepson are gonna have a great time fixin' up the Fiero. If he's all excited now, just imagine when she's done and he's ready to roll. Great to have you back !
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2018 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2018 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back to the obsession.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2018 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back Andy, was nice to see a post from you when I logged in.

I don't know what you plans are for color and such, but I do have a pair of IGEE Seat covers I bought way back before going with Mr. Mike's seats. They were installed for a month or so, while the car was not yet running before I got the Mr. Mikes. You are welcome to them if you can use them. Far from perfect, but it sounds like better than what you have on there now.

THESE are the seat covers I am referring to.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2018 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Welcome back Andy, was nice to see a post from you when I logged in.

I don't know what you plans are for color and such, but I do have a pair of IGEE Seat covers I bought way back before going with Mr. Mike's seats. They were installed for a month or so, while the car was not yet running before I got the Mr. Mikes. You are welcome to them if you can use them. Far from perfect, but it sounds like better than what you have on there now.

THESE are the seat covers I am referring to.

That would be great, John! Sending a PM.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2018 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

5949 posts
Member since Apr 2008
So today we we were out and about and picked up a battery for the old girl so we wouldn't have to keep jump starting her. I also had Dalton wash the car so we could have a somewhat clean car to work on. So far, without looking much into it, this is a start of a list we need to work on:

1. Sunroof seal leaks
2. Water diverter missing on the driver side
3. Rebuild the passenger headlight motor
4. Shift cable needs replaced, thankfully a usable spare was in the trunk
5. Alter the fenders to accomodate the scissor doors. Yuck.
6. Recover seats. Thanks JohnWPB!
7. Rebuild the shift surround and heater surround that have the usual separation
8. Tear the top end of the motor down and replace vacuum lines with SS Rodney Dickman lines
9. Replace the battery tray
10. Replace calipers, pads, and hoses all four corners
11. Much more I'm not thinking of yet.

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2018 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woohoo! Glad to see another local Fiero owner pop up! I've noticed the car a couple times on CL and I'm glad it found its way into good hands. I do have some parts you may/may not need, like low-mileage calipers, silver fenders, and '87-88 headlights less wiring. Wouldn't mind checking it out some time too!
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2018 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back man
Good to see you with a Fiero around
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2018 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back to the Fiero world. Very cool to have you and your son work on it together for some good bonding. I kinda like the scissor doors, very fitting for an 80's car. ha

additionally...this was my 1K post.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2018 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to have you back!

------------------
Paul

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2018 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been a member of MAFOA, for many years, the club that sponsors the Carlisle PA event. In that time the club has seen many Fiero owners come and go. Recently we've seen a number of Fiero owners who left the hobby come back into the fold. Great to see you back and try join us for the 25th anniversary show at Fieros at Carlisle in June 2019. The show is terrific fun as its always been.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2018 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good looking car, doors look on par. Always liked the Lt. Gray metallic notch GT
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2018 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone really ever leave? Welcome back!

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: Restoration project
14 GMC Sierra: Daily Driver

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-03-2018 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel your pain on modding the body but can see a kid wanting to keep that style of door since it's on there and is uncommon. Glad to see young blood interested in a unique platform like the Fiero, too.
We've also all seen videos of younger people standing on their heads to drink beer from a funnel. You appreciate the typical beer glass while seated in a chair when you get older.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2018 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back!! Hope you can make it to Carlisle this June!!

~ Jen
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2018 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too have a silver 85 GT. A good, solid platform to build on.
Right off the get go I encourage you to consider doing sone of the common and proven junk yard upgrades that you can do to a Fiero:
#1 87-88 headlight upgrade
#2 CS130 alternator upgrade
#3 Aux gauge pkg (from a 86-88 GT)
#4 STS exhaust tips (my preference)
#5 Dodge Shadow/Plymouth Sundance wrap around spoiler. (my preference)

But above all these upgrades, examine your suspension components first for wear and looseness.
This needs to be your primary concern.
Kit

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock