Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Take care of yourself, Fellow Fiero friends in the Carolinas!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Take care of yourself, Fellow Fiero friends in the Carolinas! by Indyellowgt
Started on: 09-11-2018 08:06 AM
Replies: 8 (281 views)
Last post by: RayOtton on 09-13-2018 07:01 AM
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2018 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a big, big storm..

Keep those loved ones, pets and Fieros high and dry!

If anyone is in the area, drop us all a line and keep us posted on how things develop.

Best of luck!

Mark
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2018 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Near Raleigh. Far enough inland to not be worried about the storm surge but wind and rain are still gonna be a problem. Just hoping the trees out back don't fall on us. Other than that, we can survive the usual power outages!

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2018 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We should get rain and some wind here but the eye is currently estimated to come ashore in lower NC. As large as this hurricane is, we should expect significant rain and some wind. I am about 120 miles from the coast, so no storm surge to worry about and have a house on a hill so no real possibility of flooding. May be some water in the basement but if I can get a deflector rigged up soon that issue should depart.

Nelson
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2018 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the radio, they're predicting feet of rain, and the weather people are always accurate.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

Looks like a big, big storm..

Keep those loved ones, pets and Fieros high and dry!

If anyone is in the area, drop us all a line and keep us posted on how things develop.

Mark

Better and safer yet leave the area.

Be safe everyone.
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just finished making room for my toys in my garage, and to make my wife happy I made space for her Fiat too!

As of right now it is down to a category 3 but you know how unpredictable nature is. Hopefully it is just rain and some wind.

This is an image of Florence's eye from NASA! I saw this image and it took me to 1977 when I was 10 years-old. Hurricane David killed 2000 people in my home town, Santo Domingo; The Dominican Republic. I still remember the sound of the wind and the pressure on my chest. There is something about being close to the eye that if you feel it you will never forget that feeling.

Let's hope for the best!
TheDuke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDukeSend a Private Message to TheDukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to Home Depot today and it looked like all they sold were generators. Im right by Lake Wylie so I think were safe from the eye, but maybe some wind and rain.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like they'll get hammered, down there.
RayOtton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2018 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a little further north, on the southern tip of the Delmarva peninsular we are heaving a sigh of relief.

I've been through 10 hurricanes in 20 years here and we never take them for granted. We batten down the hatches as our SOP so we'll be bringing in the boat, lawn chairs and 8 million frickin' water cans that make my wife's life complete.

Rain isn't an issue. It's so flat here that the rain comes down, forms a sheet of water that flows into the bay, no channeling, which is destructive and much more of a problem inland.

The only real issue to worry about is a storm surge showing up at high tide. Back in '03 during Isabel a friend ended up with 3 feet of water in his house. We're a bit higher but it's something we watch carefully.

Meantime, we're praying for the Carolinas.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock