Started on: 09-02-2018 03:01 PM
Replies: 45 (609 views)
Last post by: TheDuke on 09-08-2018 09:01 AM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2018 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDuke:

As for the engine, I'm aware that pretty much everyone on here thinks the duke is not worth it and it's a better idea to swap engines but I am not interested in doing that...

You're the one who mentioned the "swap" word first, in your opening post.

The duke will be fine for your son. I enjoyed driving my '84 (with a transplanted 5-spd). Heck I even autocrossed it for a couple of years. What several of us are warning you about is throwing money at a duke and perhaps expecting too much of a performance return on your investment. Remember, a bone stock 2.8 is 140 HP... and it's very doubtful you'll get a re-worked duke to run reliably at anywhere near that output.
IP: Logged
TheDuke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2018 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDukeSend a Private Message to TheDukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The guy I bought it from has one he put a Cadillac 500ci in
TheDuke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2018 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDukeSend a Private Message to TheDukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDuke

146 posts
Member since Sep 2018
I did say swap in that I said I wasn't doing that, you had me wondering, I had to go back and look. In any event I wanted to pull as much as I could out of it, turns out depending on who you listen to there are claims of 200+hp builds. Which is to say it's possible to do, but what I'm gathering is that it makes it a very short lived increase. I'm pretty sure after reading all that I can on here about 2.5 builds, which isn't nearly as extensive as swaps, that 120hp still gives you reliability and longevity. Would that be pretty widely confirmed?
Wraith177

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2018 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wraith177Send a Private Message to Wraith177Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did some looking around at one point, they did make a “super-duty” Dukie. While there certainly isn’t an aftermarket for duke like ther is for an LS engine, But an engine is like an air pump; increase air and fuel for more power. I know there is a few pages on the internet with some good duke upgrade starting point.
I agree, everyone needs to learn manual. It’s still cheaper and better in this internet persons opinion. As to future swap, a 3800 with a supercharger is crazy good, cheap swap, and fits well.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2018 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDuke:

I'm pretty sure after reading all that I can on here about 2.5 builds...

Just in case you missed anything, have a look Here and Here.

There are no doubt plenty of other threads (found by using different search terms), but this should keep you out of trouble for awhile.
TheDuke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2018 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDukeSend a Private Message to TheDukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Patrick, your search bar must have gone to school longer than mine. Those are really good posts, thanks.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock