PIP ? Cliff by paced84
Started on: 08-24-2018 09:42 PM
Replies: 24 (590 views)
Last post by: theogre on 09-17-2018 03:16 PM
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2018 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,
I have windows #10 and for some reason no longer have PIP.
Need to know how to restore it.
Ron T
84ND500@comcast.net

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

[This message has been edited by paced84 (edited 08-24-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2018 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you tried reinstalling it? PIP
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
.............or you could try postimage.org. Works just like photobucket did and is easy to use

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

.............or you could try postimage.org. Works just like photobucket did and is easy to use

I think we all know what happened to SOooooo many amazing build threads when they used Photo Bucket!

Hopefully, one Day Cliff will add on one of the numerous modules for this message board software that allows photos to be uploaded right at the moment you make a post. As simply as Facebook, Twitter, and 99% of other message boards on the Internet.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-26-2018).]

da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Have you tried reinstalling it? PIP

Yea, I run a windows 10 machine and works just fine. Would also suggest trying that first.

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Note that you may need to force "Run as Admin" to use PIP, not only allow the install.
PIP does things to run and UAC can/will not allow to update the sever every time it starts etc.

Nearly everyone w/ UAC active have same problems since Vista.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2018 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I think we all know what happened to SOooooo many amazing build threads when they used Photo Bucket!

Hopefully, one Day Cliff will add on one of the numerous modules for this message board software that allows photos to be uploaded right at the moment you make a post. As simply as Facebook, Twitter, and 99% of other message boards on the Internet.

Would be nice, but I highly doubt this board version is compatible. It's quite difficult to upgrade to newer versions of phpbb if you have a really old one. I just went through this on a board I run that wasn't maintained for 10 years. Getting the database ported over was the hard part and took a while to figure out. But thanks for linking that one, I think I'll use that on my board

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe this can help. No guarantees.

https://articulate.com/supp...or-off-in-windows-10

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff is it possible there will be a better way to post images in the future?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Running windows 8. No luck using iimage poster on this end either. Have been using Post Image Directly Seems to work well and easy to use but like photobucket those images won't stay available forever.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have used the PIP application with Windows 7,8, and 10 without issue.

Nelson
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am somewhat of a laptop hoarder and constantly change from WIN10 to Linux and then back again on almost every one, and I can say for sure it will work when reinstalling.
(hey, I am retired and get bored on rainy days)….. heheheh

Here is an example from my latest reformat today.

I have 6 laptops, and all of them have been reformatted at one time or another from Linux to WIN10 and back again several times.

The only thing is you do loose your history when doing this and need to start over again with inputting them into PIP.
paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I try to down load PIP warrens against virus!
RT

------------------

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:

When I try to down load PIP warrens against virus!

From Here?

You really think we're suggesting you download a virus from this site?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2018 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Cliff is it possible there will be a better way to post images in the future?

Yes, simple drag and drop is possible but I'm a bit hesitant to implement something like that because I'm afraid people would re-submit the same image over and over again. Instead of re-using an earlier uploaded version.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2018 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Yes, simple drag and drop is possible but I'm a bit hesitant to implement something like that because I'm afraid people would re-submit the same image over and over again. Instead of re-using an earlier uploaded version.

So even this fix would still only work on a PC, and not a phone?

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:
The only thing is you do loose your history when doing this and need to start over again with inputting them into PIP.
Not if you backup the history file and folder w/ pictures.
history Is a Hidden file if Explorer default views are active.

Turn off in Explorer/Organize/folder & search options/view tab
click show hidden files, folders, and drives
uncheck hide protected OS files

then can access AppData/Roaming in c:/users/username

If you move the folder then can edit the history to show them again.

If folder/pictures are in my doc/pictures then likely don't need to edit to restore to new system.

Been doing this for years.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

theogre

32235 posts
Member since Mar 99

Unless you auto search the photo server for a match before allowing or storing the upload that is very likely to happen. Average user doesn't care about bandwidth or space used and many will upload same picture many time.

Folks,
This is a big headache to many services by eat money by eating space and bandwidth unlike Crapbook Google and others are big enough to take the cost. This is part of why many services are dead or sold then often still closed.

Many of you have many duplicate files filling your hard drive(s) and yet wonder how drive(s) are full. DL Duplicate Cleaner free version or related program to see this. PIP servers has the same problem because many have upload the same files 2 to Many times. D&D pictures will be worse at eating both. (Side Note: SSD are not like HD and can has a short life running out of free space. HD doesn't care if you write temp files to same space but SSD will hate this and the OS and Programs can write delete hundreds to thousands temp files per day, even per hour for many users.)

I believe Cliff is eating both space and bandwidth money in the Netherlands just for pictures for several years. Had a service in the US but now they only keep old pictures online. Is likely a matter of time when US PIP server goes dark.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Drag and drop or copy paste, insert etc...from mobile?
If so that would be awesome! It would increase traffic on the site too.

I think its rare someone would even need to upload the same image more than once in most cases?

Wonder if their profile could have a sort of library listing, of pics they have posted in the past, and they could then go there to re-grab them?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-12-2018).]

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
down loaded PIP , just have to try it.

RT

------------------

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I run Windows 10 and use PUP with no issues!
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2018 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Drag and drop or copy paste, insert etc...from mobile?

Actually, yes, that's very much possible.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2018 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11600 posts
Member since Jan 99

onder if their profile could have a sort of library listing, of pics they have posted in the past, and they could then go there to re-grab them?

That is actually my ultimate goal. I will ask the interwebs if a script like this already exists which I can simply add to my forum software.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually, yes, that's very much possible.

That's the answer
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's the answer
Only when the history is tied to login profile or other ways to auto backup that data including thumbnails. Because a lot of users dump phones/tablets every 1-3 years and woun't backup beyond google/apple backup to cloud and even then often loose or delete a bunch of data or simply not restore to new whatever.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock