Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any one installed the notchback quarter window replacements yet

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any one installed the notchback quarter window replacements yet by mmeyer86gt/gtp
Started on: 08-21-2018 11:06 PM
Replies: 10 (493 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 08-23-2018 08:00 AM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2018 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking at these:

ebay notchback quarter windows

What is the fit and finish on it need better pic than what is on ebay a little to far way to get a good reference
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw someone with a set at the 35th

I'll look through my photos and see if I took a picture of them.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i walked the whole field 3x and didnt see one.
predmeister

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mmeyer, shot you a message on facebook

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They were on my wife's Black Formula at the 35th. People dont really tend to notice them on black cars.. they look like they belong and the car just looks sleeker. They fit nice. Ours were from Ken Hines, I believe they are the same sold today.

more links in this link about them as well

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093441.html

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-22-2018).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
Found 35th pics

Another black Fiero (not ours)

PIC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
Ours

PIC

hetterbr

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hetterbrSend a Private Message to hetterbrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of these on my 85 GT. I got them from Ken Hines also. They fit nicely. If you want I can email you some pictures of them. I can't get the Picture app to work for this site. PM me your email address if you would like some pictures.

Brent
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set installed on my 86. Fit good look good. I don't know about removal though.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Phirewire (edited 08-23-2018).]

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These replace the shock vents/trim? Like eliminates them? If so also can mess up airflow in the cabin.
Fiero and many others has fresh air for you all the time when you drive even heater/ac off.
Read your owners book to see this. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/141688.html
More data in FSM heater box section.

Fiero small cabin and widows shut can make you sleep or worse as CO2 and engine flumes build up w/o this. Rear firewall "seals" for cables and wiring is often not 100% sealed to start and many are damage/missing after 30+ years.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Found 35th pics

Another black Fiero (not ours)

PIC

That is my car. Here is a better pic.

I have had the GT based vents on the Notchie since 2013 and really like the sleeker look. Unlike the fastback cars, the notchies don't have the full lip flange all the way around the opening (no lip at the top or bottom), so they can flutter a bit at speed (80 mph), and the venting concern is a non-issue due to the untaped gaps as well as the rear opening into the fuel fill area under the upper frame rail. They are a little flat in the center of the opening and would be better with the proper curve in the center like the GT windows, but overall they still are much better looking (IMO) than the stock setup with the bulky frame.

There are two styles, one with the lower notch to clear the top of the door and one that doesn't have the notch. My first set had a notch, but my 2nd set (after I had one disappear while the car was parked) didn't, but I went ahead an added it.

Here is what I posted about the install in my build thread:

Originally posted by fieroguru:
My sail windows came in from Kahines and they look good! I have been a fastback guy for years and prefer the clean/smooth transition between the window to the sail panels vs. having the bulky notchie transition.

Panels:

The ugly section of the car that needs covering:

3M molding tape:

One place of interference. The top of the 1/4 panel sticks up past the top of the tape surface. I used a hand held grinder to bevel the top of this panel (it is hidden behind the sail panel) and did add a 2nd layer of 3M tape to the bottom 2" of the window so the edge would be held with tape and the gap where it transitioned between 1 layer and 2 layers of 3M tape would happen mid window.

Installed:

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock