Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any know of a good shop in or around Oklahoma City?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any know of a good shop in or around Oklahoma City? by bjm362
Started on: 08-21-2018 10:19 PM
Replies: 8 (220 views)
Last post by: bjm362 on 08-28-2018 06:29 PM
bjm362

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2018 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjm362Send a Private Message to bjm362Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope I don't wind up sounding to much like a "grumpy old man" doing a bunch of griping about "kids these days".
However, I do have a bad back and there are a lot of things I hire people to do that I would have done myself were it not for
an injury some years back.

I am looking to do some high performance mods both to my 1988 Fiero GT and my 2005 Grand Prix GXP.
Specifically, what I am looking for is if anyone knows of a good automotive shop that is not afraid to try a few things outside of the factory manual...
The auto shop I currently use can do up to identical engines, but would not open up an engine to replace 1 rocker arm.

The transmission shop here that is supposed to have the highest technical prowess was afraid of swapping out a 4t65e-hd with a high performance one from Triple Edge.

A muffler shop was afraid of installing headers on my GXP...

I am hoping maybe a forum member here knows of a shop in OKC with an actual "mechanic" employed there.... otherwise I have a lot more phone searching to do.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2018 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shoot me a pm.
bjm362

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjm362Send a Private Message to bjm362Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent... You probably won't see it until tomorrow though, as it is pretty late tonight.
bjm362

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjm362Send a Private Message to bjm362Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For some reason the system will not let me communicate further with predmeister. I felt like the info he gave me was leading to a good person to do the work I want done. I still need contact info, or a shops name for that to work.
There was not any bad communication there, so I have no idea what the deal is...…….
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I had Carter Engine Repalcement rebuild my 3800SC and they had no problems making suggestions and putting in power adders. His name is Bert Carter. I took my short block to Carter and he did a fine job. I did NOT have him replace the engine.

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you two PM's call Nick and Brew in Bethany one of the guys has several fieros as daily drivers. you need to come to the meetings
bjm362

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjm362Send a Private Message to bjm362Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

Ok, I had Carter Engine Repalcement rebuild my 3800SC and they had no problems making suggestions and putting in power adders. His name is Bert Carter. I took my short block to Carter and he did a fine job. I did NOT have him replace the engine.

Great info! That gives me one option I can check into!

Originally posted by predmeister:

I sent you two PM's call Nick and Brew in Bethany one of the guys has several fieros as daily drivers. you need to come to the meetings

I appreciate the effort to help, but there is not enough information there for me to contact them or to find the meetings.... I definitely want to check into both.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, there are those guys from the 405.......
bjm362

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2018 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjm362Send a Private Message to bjm362Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was late today calling Carters Engine Replacement, but that looks like a solid lead judging from their website!

There is a variety of work I am going to need that might be outside the norm for an Engine Replacement Shop though so mow that I am aware that "Brew and Nick" is also the name of the shop I can check into that.

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Well, there are those guys from the 405.......

How would I get in touch with those guys?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock