Started on: 08-15-2018 02:46 PM
Replies: 17 (333 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 08-16-2018 08:20 PM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Selling this vehicle "AS IS" 86 Pontiac Fiero GT, it runs really good, good tires, don't know much about history it was bought in a auction, interior in good condition, sunroof, 84,000 original miles, asking 1800 OBO

Its been a while and I haven't really gone out of my way to find another Fiero. But this one popped up and I think I will go take a look at it.
It has some damage to the right front of the car but its not bad, probably someone backed into it. It will need a marker light to be street legal and then possibly a fender.
Its a 5 speed so a later 86. It looks like it never had the recall done as it has the seal on the deck lid.
From the pictures it looks like a pretty clean car that someone took care of at one point.
Its a CA car so I believe it has been unmolested and taken care of. The interior looks good and I don't see any cracks in the taillights.

I cant get over there until this Friday so we will see.
Perhaps its time for Jake to get back into a Fiero.

------------------
Brondo its got electrolytes

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 08-15-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
go get it!
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 08-15-2018).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Judging from the nose not being original, and the damage to the fender, it's possible that car actually hit something hard in that corner. I'd check for front structural damage.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Judging from the nose not being original, and the damage to the fender, it's possible that car actually hit something hard in that corner. I'd check for front structural damage.

Yes I already brought that up to the seller. I will check the vin for any accidents before I make an offer.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Yes I already brought that up to the seller. I will check the vin for any accidents before I make an offer.

Check the VIN sticker on the hood. If the hood's been replaced as well, might be another indication of a hard wallop.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Check the VIN sticker on the hood. If the hood's been replaced as well, might be another indication of a hard wallop.

Thanks for the reminder.
I am not star struck and will give the car a good look before making an offer.
I'm not a novice to Fiero damage and know how easy it is to damage the front of these cars.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not a novice to Fiero damage and know how easy it is to damage the front of these cars.

I'm aware you've been around Fieros for a long time, and I suspect you know what to to look out for. My comments are are probably more of a guide for any newbs to the Fiero world who may be reading this thread.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm aware you've been around Fieros for a long time, and I suspect you know what to to look out for. My comments are are probably more of a guide for any newbs to the Fiero world who may be reading this thread.

I was thinking more along the lines of welding two bad Fieros together to make one good one
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32849 posts
Member since Jan 2001
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Repair my 86SE with me

Heh heh... you've been down this road before.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86 Fieros do not have VIN stickers on the body panels.
If there is a VIN sticker on the hood or nose, the parts would be from an 87 or 88.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

86 Fieros do not have VIN stickers on the body panels.
If there is a VIN sticker on the hood or nose, the parts would be from an 87 or 88.

Its not hard to tell if there is damage to the front of the car. If there is I will walk away and post the contact information here.
I have no desire to rebuild another car.
The parts do seem to be aligned correctly so we will see. I will drive over and take a closer look. My schedule just cleared up tomorrow.
USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I haven't looked on my 86, but I thought I read that they didn't add the VIN sticker to the hood until 87?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

I haven't looked on my 86, but I thought I read that they didn't add the VIN sticker to the hood until 87?

They didn't have them on any of the cars that I had. But there are places to look and tell if the body parts are original.
It looks like the car was painted at one point so it may not be easy.
The hood does have a gap on the right side in the picture but it could just be its not latched correctly but it could also be out of alignment.
The fender is damaged and would need replaced to fix it correctly but it could be fixed. The light can be had from the Fiero Store so I can get that replaced pretty quickly.
I texted him and asked for the VIN but haven't heard back from him, he is slow responding to email and text messages so I am not overly concerned.
Its a low mile car for its age but the damage has me concerned that its a salvage or rebuilt title.
CA is funny and I will have to verify when it was last registered before any cash leaves my hand.

I hope to get over and look at it this afternoon but we will see he hasn't responded yet.
USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it is pretty obvious there has been some work to the car. I guess I was asking about the Hood sticker more for the rest of us
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

That's quite possible. I have every year Fiero here except '85, but I've also done my share of swapping body panels on them... so I no longer remember which years came from the factory with VIN stickers on the panels.

I suppose a sneaky person could also transfer a VIN sticker from a damaged hood (if it had a sticker) to the replacement hood... so determining actual originality could still be challenging.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-16-2018).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I am going to pass on the car. There are too many red flags and I did attempt to go look at it but between the roads trying to eat my car and the truck drivers trying to run me over I never made it to the lot where the car is being stored.
I was never provided with a VIN so I don't know when the last time the car was registered so I don't know if it can be put on the road here in CA.
I have a feeling the title is a rebuilt or salvage title. The current owner purchased the car from an auction.

The car was purchase at a auction so we don't know much about the car other than it is a California car , when was it register last I don't know, the car is advertise "AS IS" if you are near Wilmington Ca stop by and look at it and give me an offer.

So I am going to pass on the car. If there is anyone close to Wilmington CA and would like I can provide a contact for the car.

https://losangeles.craigsli.../cto/6620330390.html

Here is a picture of the drivers side seat that he didn't include.

So buyer beware if you get this car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock