ugly Fiero! by railshot
Started on: 08-03-2018 07:31 PM
Replies: 14 (483 views)
Last post by: Wraith177 on 08-04-2018 03:00 PM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2018 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No such thing!

LOL, I am very critical about what I drive, and mine has a lot of flaws, but seriously, there is no such thing as an "ugly" Fiero!
Some have been neglected, some abused, but dang, show me something that is as classy as this!

Yes, it has many flaws which I see daily, but dang, nothing still compares!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2018 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont see any flaws that looks good man

shem
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2018 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flaw 1: not parked in my driveway
Flaw 2: see flaw 1
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to say, there are so many "flaws" it sometimes overwhelms me, but.....
I would not want any other car in my driveway / garage, other than a Fiero as a play thing.

I can honestly say that having owned brand spanking new ones (Fiero's) back in "the day". '84, '85, '86, and .87's.
Every year I would "upgrade" to the next, but never made it to an '88 GT until now.

And many other very nice cars have graced the driveway, like my '91 Mitsubishi VR4 (ok, this one is a close 2nd to the Fiero for me to be lusting after).

LOL, today I spent 3 hours removing the rear window tint (aftermarket glued on stuff) just as a step in the right direction.
A good small steamer, a razor blade, and 3 hours is all it took!
(beer did come into play afterwards, but not until Chewy and I took a cruise first!)

I would not suggest using a steamer on the rear window for anyone with a "good" headliner.
Between me sweating and all that steam, next summer for sure I am replacing the headliner.

Removing the seats helped, but holy crap it got hot and humid in there!
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You were doing it wrong. There are much easier ways to remove tint.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get a corner up, pull it off.
Remove glue residue with soapy water/cloudy ammonia mixture and single edge razor blade.
20 minute job.....
😁
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-04-2018 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Between me sweating and all that steam, holy crap it got hot and humid in there!

LOL You sure it wasn't your baby that got you all hot & bothered?

fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love Fieros just as much as the rest of you's, but I do recall see an ugly one. it was 2 years back when I took a trip to St. Augustine beach in Florida. Parked right up front was a white Fiero all striped out to the New York Jets sceme. Even had the logo on the car. I though that kinda unusual, a jets fan in Florida, but there are a lot of relocated people in that state. Looked like the car wasn't washed since the day it was sold, and the interior was cluttered with all kinds of stuff. this car could have easily been brought back to decent shape though.
The 87 I bought just 2 months back was somewhat shabby, but now it looks great ! The worst thing about the car when I went to see it was that the owner glued these fake air scoops on the front hood of the car. Fake scoops on the front hood ???? really now...… Of corse, their history. It was a real hassel getting the double sided sticky stuff off. A combo of WD40 and goo gone did the trick.
The car also had no headliner and the interior was awful. Got a new liner from a shop called Gotcha Covered ( excellent shop ), scrubbed the entire interior, and got new seat covers. It now looks great. The car also has a digital dash. I didn"t like it at first but now think its kinda cool. The usual new dew wipes and a good Meguires waxing and now the car really looks good. I get all kinds of compliments wherever I go, and people enjoy seeing such a nice car from the past.

fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofrenzy

851 posts
Member since Nov 2006
I love Fieros just as much as the rest of you's, but I do recall see an ugly one. it was 2 years back when I took a trip to St. Augustine beach in Florida. Parked right up front was a white Fiero all striped out to the New York Jets sceme. Even had the logo on the car. I though that kinda unusual, a jets fan in Florida, but there are a lot of relocated people in that state. Looked like the car wasn't washed since the day it was sold, and the interior was cluttered with all kinds of stuff. this car could have easily been brought back to decent shape though.
The 87 I bought just 2 months back was somewhat shabby, but now it looks great ! The worst thing about the car when I went to see it was that the owner glued these fake air scoops on the front hood of the car. Fake scoops on the front hood ???? really now...… Of corse, their history. It was a real hassel getting the double sided sticky stuff off. A combo of WD40 and goo gone did the trick.
The car also had no headliner and the interior was awful. Got a new liner from a shop called Gotcha Covered ( excellent shop ), scrubbed the entire interior, and got new seat covers. It now looks great. The car also has a digital dash. I didn"t like it at first but now think its kinda cool. The usual new dew wipes and a good Meguires waxing and now the car really looks good. I get all kinds of compliments wherever I go, and people enjoy seeing such a nice car from the past.

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Get a corner up, pull it off.
Remove glue residue with soapy water/cloudy ammonia mixture and single edge razor blade.
20 minute job.....
😁

That is how I started out, but it turns out that they must have actually removed the window to install the tinting!
When I pulled around the perimeter, it came out with nice sticky rear window seal on the tint, so not wanting to pull all the sealant out and have a leak, I steamed it until it was soft enough just to pull the tinting.

Plus, the tint was so dried out it just kept ripping, the steam made for smooth sailing and 90% of the glue stayed on the tint believe it or not.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

True, but someone made it ugly!
It had no choice in the matter.... Under all that ugliness is still a beautiful car waiting to be found again.

I am so glad there are people like us that can make them what they should be, but I would be willing to bet, the previous owner liked it the way it was.

LOL, different strokes for different folks.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(snip)

The car also has a digital dash. I didn"t like it at first but now think its kinda cool.

(snip)

What digital dash do you have in your car?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18007 posts
Member since May 2004
Railshot, I sent you a PM.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On my digital dash......I forget who the manufacturer was/is..
We had a post on this about two months ago. One of you posted pictures of 3 or 4 different style digital dashboards for the Fiero. My unit was on there. It has red display, . I think it is supplied by a "Thomas" something or other.....correct me if I'm wrong.

Like I said before, when I first owned this car I didn't like it at all, but as time passed I now like it a lot. The speedometer part of it often shuts off, but a few good slaps of the hand and it comes back on. Should I start kickin the tires too ? lol.....
Wraith177

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wraith177Send a Private Message to Wraith177Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Like I said before, when I first owned this car I didn't like it at all, but as time passed I now like it a lot. The speedometer part of it often shuts off, but a few good slaps of the hand and it comes back on. Should I start kickin the tires too ? lol.....

I find a good whack to the idle air controller some mornings is needed for whatever reason. Now wether it’s a day that the wrench in my hand is a 10mm or I’m holding a demolition sledgehammer varies.

------------------
This signature adds .5 bhp.
When in doubt, gun it.
84 2m4 —in progress to— 84 2m8sc
1984 Fiero, LS4, Procharger, F40 6speed

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave