EBay Fiero “body kits” by Crasian
Started on: 08-01-2018 10:22 AM
Replies: 14 (1311 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 08-29-2018 09:52 AM
Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2018 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone purchased any of the “duraflex” Fiero body parts/ kits from EBay? They are available elsewhere apparently and have not heard of anyone who actually tried it. I’m specifically looking at the F-355 style. They offer a rear bumper, side skirts, etc. but I’m looking to change my front bumper only to a different style and that one caught my eye... thanks for any input.
*still can’t post a link but type in “Fiero duraflex“

-Crasian
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2018 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing that bugs me about the photos on Ebay, is they look to be photoshopped. Maybe you can ask them for more photos?
Crasian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2018 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, the pictures leave a lot to be desired. I actually called them and it is dropped shipped from the manufacturer. And they won’t reveal the maker of the parts so that is all that is available. I was hoping someone had purchased some items and can give a quick review wether it’s decent or garbage.

-Crasian
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2018 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they are claiming that those are made out of the flexible urethane, I would have to call BS........The only way you can make the flexible stuff is with big heated molds.....Almost everything aftermarket is made out of FG.. ..(I actually have no experience with those Ebay sellers)
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2018 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm doing this from a tablet so hopefully this comes out okay. The Duraflex name is there category of body kit, not the material. They say it's a combination of fiberglass, plastic, and resins.... they say FRP but the reality is it's probably just fiberglass. The company that manufactures those is Extreme Dimensions in Southern California. Here is a link to their site with their direct pricing.
www.extremedimensions.com/s...age=1&keep_https=yes

Edit to add...... those may be the V fiber kits that were offered years ago. They are shaped for the Fiero but do not fit without a lot of work.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-01-2018).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2018 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Here is a link to their site with their direct pricing.

Be careful when comparing. The eBay prices includes shipping (within the States), their "direct" prices don't.
freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I finally get to help somebody on the pennock's Forum go to the Facebook thread and you will see that I just purchased this kit I made a ton of videos and took a ton of pictures this is the garbage body kit from vfiber it is trash trash trash look at my photos and videos on Facebook my real name is Kenny reinoso. facebook group fiero
freedom0226

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

freedom0226

954 posts
Member since Dec 2009
https://m.facebook.com/grou...id=10156660248014636

Here is the Facebook link it just uploaded check out my review with all the videos and photos buyer beware I guess I was the guinea pig
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by freedom0226:

Yes I finally get to help somebody on the pennock's Forum go to the Facebook thread and you will see that I just purchased this kit I made a ton of videos and took a ton of pictures this is the garbage body kit from vfiber it is trash trash trash look at my photos and videos on Facebook my real name is Kenny reinoso. facebook group fiero

I guess I was right about the parts being from V Fiber. By the way, your link takes me to an error page.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

By the way, your link takes me to an error page.

You probably need to be logged into FB.
freedom0226

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess I was right about the parts being from V Fiber. By the way, your link takes me to an error page.

weird. just go to facebook look up the fiero page its the one with 7k members and my name is Kenny Reinoso. I am actually cheesed that I get to help someone out cause I know you and others in the same page have helped me many times before.

if not I just copied and pasted the link again try either what I said above or this link then.

https://www.facebook.com/gr...id=10156661244994636
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2018 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

You probably need to be logged into FB.

Actually, it requires more than just logging into FB. That's a "Closed Group" you posted in. Only members of that particular Fiero FB group can access it.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-03-2018).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2018 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Actually, it requires more than just logging into FB. That's a "Closed Group" you posted in. Only members of that particular Fiero FB group can access it.

and I'm not about to join just to see a few pictures. Put them on postimage and they will display here.
post images with this

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 08-28-2018).]

wgpierce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2018 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forum stuck in the dark ages again. FB is a great place for quick easy photo sharing, I don't know why there is always such resistance.

Anyway I will help, here's some pics. I'm not doing the videos you guys will just have to live without them.....

As you can see this thing is a complete turd.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2018 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty much what is to be expected from Duraflex parts. Their are complaints all over the internet about these ill fitting parts that need to be re-engineered to fit right.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock