Looking for general advice by ssalyers
Started on: 07-28-2018 11:42 AM
Replies: 3 (226 views)
Last post by: fierofrenzy on 07-29-2018 06:51 AM
ssalyers

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2018 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ssalyersSend a Private Message to ssalyersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,
I've been a long time member but haven't posted much. I have owned almost every year and model Fiero but with work and family fell out of the hobby. When my daughter started to drive I stumbled across an 88 GT that I bought for her. I believe I am the second owner and the car is very original and complete. It still has R12 in the AC and is ice cold! She's been driving the car for about a year with no problems except being pulled over 3-4 times month for the cops to check out the car, no ticket just want to talk about the car. I am going to buy her another car and am contemplating putting some money into the car and selling it. 88 GT automatic, sunroof, wing, no power locks or mirrors (which I thought was odd), 175k. Any idea on a value? I'm in Flordia.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2018 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Value depends on location and rust.....not options. If the car is rust free it should be worth about $4K up north.....Florida? I dunno.
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2018 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hummmm, I imagine you may get a lot of different numbers on the selling price to ask. It sounds to me that it must be pretty clean if she keeps getting pulled over just so cops can take a look. And if its a Florida car, it should be pretty much rust free.
I checked out ebay to see what people are asking, and there are a lot of top dollar cars on there, but they have very low miles and appear to be very clean.
You have an 88, and those are most valuable. You have a lot of miles on the car though. I'm assuming you purchased the car around a year ago, since you state that's how long your daughter has been driving it.
Once again, If it were mine, I'd start by taking into consideration how much I paid for it, with hopes of making most of my money back.
Not knowing that, I guess I'd start with an asking price somewhere in the 3K area. That's just my opinion, of coarse.
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2018 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofrenzy

851 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Hummmm, I imagine you may get a lot of different numbers on the selling price to ask. It sounds to me that it must be pretty clean if she keeps getting pulled over just so cops can take a look. And if its a Florida car, it should be pretty much rust free.
I checked out ebay to see what people are asking, and there are a lot of top dollar cars on there, but they have very low miles and appear to be very clean.
You have an 88, and those are most valuable. You have a lot of miles on the car though. I'm assuming you purchased the car around a year ago, since you state that's how long your daughter has been driving it.
Once again, If it were mine, I'd start by taking into consideration how much I paid for it, with hopes of making most of my money back.
Not knowing that, I guess I'd start with an asking price somewhere in the 3K area. That's just my opinion, of coarse.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock