Rough 88' GT , probably too far gone :( by F85Cutlass
Started on: 07-10-2018 11:30 PM
Replies: 6 (361 views)
Last post by: F85Cutlass on 07-14-2018 04:45 PM
F85Cutlass

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F85CutlassSend a Private Message to F85CutlassEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just picked up a pair of fieros though some trading with a friend. An 88' and a 87' GT, both 5 speeds. The 87' Needs a motor, but is in pretty nice shape, but needs a motor. The 88' has a good motor and 82k on the clock... but she's rough. I guess the owner years back picked up the 88' to play organ donor to the 87'. Unfortunately the 88' may be too far gone. Rear cradle is a little beyond repair, body panels pretty rough too. Interior is pretty nice though. Haven't quite decided what i'm gonna do yet, but my garage is turning into a bit of a land of misfit toys.

Unless I can find a better idea, this ones gonna have to live on through a few others. Ive got a white 88' that the previous owner destroyed the hvac and dash making a "track car", and also made a mess of the interior wiring while doing a 3.8sc swap. Then the engine can go to the black 87' which could be a nice cruiser without too much work beyond the transplant.

[This message has been edited by F85Cutlass (edited 07-10-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lunatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F85Cutlass:

Just picked up a pair of fieros though some trading with a friend. An 88' and a 87' GT, both 5 speeds. The 87' Needs a motor, but is in pretty nice shape, but needs a motor. The 88' has a good motor and 82k on the clock... but she's rough. I guess the owner years back picked up the 88' to play organ donor to the 87'. Unfortunately the 88' may be too far gone. Rear cradle is a little beyond repair, body panels pretty rough too. Interior is pretty nice though. Haven't quite decided what i'm gonna do yet, but my garage is turning into a bit of a land of misfit toys.

Unless I can find a better idea, this ones gonna have to live on through a few others. Ive got a white 88' that the previous owner destroyed the hvac and dash making a "track car", and also made a mess of the interior wiring while doing a 3.8sc swap. Then the engine can go to the black 87' which could be a nice cruiser without too much work beyond the transplant.

Nice find....myself, I would probably part out the 88....stock pile parts, sell or trade 'em as needed....as the yrs roll by, fieros are starting to fade from the landscape...I don't see many of them in Memphis, these days..let alone the auto boneyards....
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mousemeat... I'm not picking on you (as I see this done quite often by many people), but why is there a need to quote the entire first post (pictures and all) when making a comment? Honestly, I'm just curious... what purpose does it serve?
F85Cutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F85CutlassSend a Private Message to F85CutlassEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Disassembly has begun. Considering turning the passenger compartment (roughly front firewall to rear firewall) into a driving simulator. Nothing to crazy with a shaker rig, just a cool way to incorporate fiero-ness into video gaming.

Engine and trans are going to live on in another fiero, and I'm gonna lop off the front cradle for another potential Frankenstein project, so at least for now, I don't think much will go to waste.
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

mousemeat... I'm not picking on you (as I see this done quite often by many people), but why is there a need to quote the entire first post (pictures and all) when making a comment? Honestly, I'm just curious... what purpose does it serve?

hmmm, good point....in the future, try not to do as such...
F85Cutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2018 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F85CutlassSend a Private Message to F85CutlassEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mousemeat:
hmmm, good point....in the future, try not to do as such...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock