Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I found an 88 Formula in the pick and pull.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I found an 88 Formula in the pick and pull. by hercimer01
Started on: 07-10-2018 01:03 AM
Replies: 33 (770 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 07-21-2018 08:25 PM
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the LKQ App and get notifications if a Fiero shows up at a yard. I got the alert at 10:30 am and was there by noon.
The first thing I saw when I opened the door was a sun roof shade in the bag perched up in the passenger seat like a shiny diamond. I couldn't believe it.
The next was the Dot Matrix bezels in near perfect condition. 120 speedo!
The the tires and rims in good shape. The rear GoodYear Eagles were in really good shape and the front rims were 88 stock black. These are going on my car.

I cleaned up on stripping the car. I think I may have bummed out a few locals because I got everything good.
The under carriage was totally rotted out. The Cradle may be worth saving but I was after all the interior, rims and head light parts.

I'm posting this as a heads up for a list of parts for sale.
I also have oem subwoofer boxes and EGR solenoids.
Also the headlight buckets with motors, module and harness.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How was the dash? Cracked chipped anything?

Which lkq?
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL Was it a white Formula? I was bummed out and I'm not even a local. It was obvious someone had gotten the '88 goodies so I'm just glad they went to a good home. I posted a few pics in the other thread.

You didn't mention - was it you that got the calipers?

I was tempted to take the coolant tubes but wasn't motivated enough to take a gamble on them. The car's floor was pretty rusted through and there were a few places where you could push the carpeting right through it if you tried.

How many miles are on it? Looks like a "2" as the first digit on the odometer.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 07-10-2018).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

I think I may have bummed out a few locals because I got everything good.

That happens at any yard (I'm not local to you). But at least someone got the good pieces.
I've seen Fieros in yards wrecked apparently for no reason and the parts made useless.
Example: glass all smashed or dash ruined because someone wanted something but had no tools at all...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-10-2018).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The dash corners were chipped.

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Which lkq?

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008
Yeah, i got the calipers. The fiero store gives in store credit for cores.
I'm swapping my rears on my car to front calipers all the way around. I really hate fiddling with the rear calipers during a pad change. It's an automatic.

The coolant tubes aren't crushed.

The speedo says 33k but the first digit is positioned weird between 2 digits like something broke. The tamper things aren't showing. I was thinking to zero it to sell it.

Originally posted by css9450:

LOL Was it a white Formula? I was bummed out and I'm not even a local. It was obvious someone had gotten the '88 goodies so I'm just glad they went to a good home. I posted a few pics in the other thread.

You didn't mention - was it you that got the calipers?

I was tempted to take the coolant tubes but wasn't motivated enough to take a gamble on them. The car's floor was pretty rusted through and there were a few places where you could push the carpeting right through it if you tried.

How many miles are on it? Looks like a "2" as the first digit on the odometer.

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 07-10-2018).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008

Originally posted by fierosound:

That happens at any yard (I'm not local to you). But at least someone got the good pieces.
I've seen Fieros in yards wrecked apparently for no reason and the parts made useless.
Example: glass all smashed or dash ruined because someone wanted something but had no tools at all...

That was the case for the red GT in Chicago LKQ.
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Which lkq?

Rockford IL. LKQ
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, i got the calipers. The fiero store gives a core for in store credit.
I'm swapping my rears on my car to front calipers all the way around. I really hate fiddling with the rear calipers during a pad change. It's an automatic.

The speedo says 33k but the first digit is positioned weird between 2 digits like something broke. The tamper things aren't showing. I was thinking to zero it to sell it.

looks like an great haul.....as these vehicles are fewer and fewer in the bone yards these days....

bottom line....some Fieros must die, so others may live on...

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the patient for us all to admire...

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There must be a lot of good parts on that..

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

PFF
System Bot
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by css9450:

Here's the patient for us all to admire...

[/QUOTE

S-A-D- ending for that Fiero.....

[This message has been edited by mousemeat (edited 07-10-2018).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is. The underside is totally rotted.
Listen up people. This is why you don't park cars off pavement for extended periods.
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice parts you got off the Formula. If the lower front air dam is any good it would be worth saving too.
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is. The underside is totally rotted.
Listen up people. This is why you don't park cars off pavement for extended periods.

exactly....I had this neighbor who parked their once mint VW fox, under a car cover, off pavement on the dirt for several yrs..
when he decided to move it..the floor pans and parts of the frame, had severe rust.....duh !
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the cut out I need for R&D....

Thanks for any help...

Danyel
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was the paint on the side mirrors in good shape?
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to admit - I didn't notice. Hopefully Hercimer did.

I thought about taking the headliner board, the coolant tubes, the rear control and adjusting arms and the one front wheel bearing which felt OK but ultimately decided I didn't have enough extra space in my basement so I left it all on the car.
F85Cutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F85CutlassSend a Private Message to F85CutlassEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hercimer01

What does the Fiero Store give you for calipers? I have an 88 thats probably gonna turn into a parts car, so rather than hoard them, may as well cash in now, and maybe they'll be in circulation if I need one down the road. Or i may rebuild them myself

Yeah, i got the calipers. The fiero store gives in store credit for cores.

fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sold Fiero Store two rear calipers. I think I got $40 each for them. give them a call. they'd be happy to hear from you. If not, sell them on here . 88 stuff sells !
F85Cutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F85CutlassSend a Private Message to F85CutlassEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I'll probably talk to them soon, I'm actually in CT within a half our drive!

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

I sold Fiero Store two rear calipers. I think I got $40 each for them. give them a call. they'd be happy to hear from you. If not, sell them on here . 88 stuff sells !

PFF
System Bot
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's " hour" …….lol
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofrenzy

851 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Hey hercimer., I want that front air dam. any chance of pulling it and sending it out to me? I sent you a PM with so far no answer.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know, I have a love/hate relationship with LKQ. Sometimes they are reasonable on prices, other times they nickle and dime the **** out of everything. A core charge for a wire harness.....really.....are they going to rebuild and sell that wire harness again??? Environmental fee, aren't I helping the environment by recycling parts? I took out a rear cradle from an 88 (with spindles/springs/etc) on their 40% off day and it still seem wayyyyyy to much by the time they added all the core and fee charges (not to mention the time used to remove it). Anyway, end rant
luvfierosforever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luvfierosforeverSend a Private Message to luvfierosforeverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2018 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F85Cutlass:

hercimer01

What does the Fiero Store give you for calipers? I have an 88 thats probably gonna turn into a parts car, so rather than hoard them, may as well cash in now, and maybe they'll be in circulation if I need one down the road. Or i may rebuild them myself

(store credit) 50.00 for 88 rear calipers. 40.00 I think for all else. It's about 35 for shipping 4 calipers.

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 07-15-2018).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2018 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008

Originally posted by jonrev:

Was the paint on the side mirrors in good shape?

The front left control cable was cut.
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2018 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

Hey hercimer., I want that front air dam. any chance of pulling it and sending it out to me? I sent you a PM with so far no answer.

PM replied to.

MRBLUE87 got the nose and fenders.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked my PM and don't see it. Can you please email me at steelpedal@gmail.com on that air dam. I would appreciate it. Thanks beforehand.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you happen to get the VIN?
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the feeling, showing up first a great parts car in the yard. I happened upon a 88 Yellow TTop in my local yard, could not believe it was there, nothing wrong with it at all, just not wanted. Rust free, no damage and a Ttop to boot.

Great find, make sure you post the VIN in the "88 database" thread.

Rob
PFF
System Bot
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent ...
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2018 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't get the VIN but I will.

PMs replied to.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2018 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's OK.... I did.

1G2PE1198JP221068

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock