Started on: 07-06-2018 03:49 PM
Replies: 32 (916 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 08-05-2018 10:57 AM
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blakeinspace started a thread concerning the Texas Caravan to the 35th so I thought it might be a good idea to start a general caravan thread for all those wanting to hook up and drive in together regardless of the route. So here it is....start your planning!!

Texas Caravan:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098356.html.

I'll be leaving from Cedar Rapids, Iowa on Thursday morning going down interstate 380 to Interstate 80 then east to Peoria, it's about a 3 hour drive my place. Anyone is welcome to hop on or let me hop into your caravan if your coming through the area (wink wink nudge nudge Mn. mafia ).

I was involved with the West Coast caravan to the 20th and it was a great time along with a peace of mind to have backup in case something happened.

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 07-10-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dan!... hope you get some takers.

Here are my current plans for St Louis on up... Wednesday the 8th!

If you are mostly just interested in the cruise to Peoria... the loose plans at this point have us looking at a noon ferry crossing at Grafton, just north of Saint Charles MO. We would follow the Illinois River on state-100 most of the way.
If you don’t want to do the ferry ($8)... I think we know someone that wants to join us in Hardin IL.

------------------

<---- did you buy Cliff a beer? ...............
@NorthTexasFiero , friend us on FB: North Texas Fieros , www.northtexasfieroclub.org

copperhens

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know of two different caravans in Michigan. One is starting in western MI, towards Grand Rapids. The other is in the metro Detroit area. Neither group has given o much information yet though.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are leaving Staunton, VA around 5 PM on Tuesday the 7th. Plan to drive about 5 hours, then drive the rest Weds. AM.

~ Jen
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another group from Central Michigan is traveling as well.
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

When do you plan on going and where will be starting from, I might tag along .
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Tom:

When do you plan on going and where will be starting from, I might tag along .

To be determined, will let you know.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
California?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

California?

Start one man!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-09-2018).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
I'll be heading down Wednesday from the Minneapolis Minnesota area.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

California?

It takes 2.5 days to make that drive from northern CA using the northern route. Tiring. Maybe easier to take the southern route. Had to use chains in one section, because I made the drive in the winter. Probably should arrive the day before you want to be there, so you can have a good night's sleep first.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by copperhens:

I know of two different caravans in Michigan. One is starting in western MI, towards Grand Rapids. The other is in the metro Detroit area. Neither group has given o much information yet though.

Hmmm I am leaving early very early Saturday am from Grand Rapids
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

It takes 2.5 days to make that drive from northern CA using the northern route.

Feel free to join us in MO if your path and timing allow

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's looking as if I'll be in Dallas on 8/8. In the afternoon. Probably can't get out of that, because I was requested by name.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we may have a few groups leaving from Toronto area.

One small group leaving Tuesday, drive half way then crash for the night. Arrive Wednesday at the hotel Confirmed.

One small groups leaving Wednesday, don't know if straight run or 2 day trip. unconfirmed

Then we have another small group leaving early Friday morning and doing the drive in one day. Confirmed.

I plan on being at the hotel on Monday afternoon, spend a few days with wife and kids sight seeing and shopping, then I have my time with car show.

------------------

G.T. Fieros

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To be determined, will let you know.

Our car-avan (see what I did there) will be leaving Thursday AM.
Meet at: Tekonsha Shell Station, I-69 exit 25
Meet time: 7:45 AM
Depart time: 8:00 AM
Route: I-69 South to Fort Wayne IN, West on US 24
Fuel stop: Logansport IN ≈ 170 miles
Lunch stop: Crawfordsville IN ≈ 70 miles
Fuel stop: Champagne IL ≈150 miles from 1st fuel stop, ≈80 miles from lunch stop

Photo Op at fieroguru's

Arrival Peoria: ≈3PM local time (we gain an hour, they are in different time zone)

Edit to change meet-up and departure times

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 07-26-2018).]

Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Meet time: 8:15 AM
Depart time: 8:30 AM

Fuel stop: Champagne IL ≈150 miles from 1st fuel stop, ≈80 miles from lunch stop
Arrival Peoria: ≈3PM local time (we gain an hour, they are in different time zone)

I hope to be joining this caravan at 11am in Logansport, anyone else ?
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Meet time: 8:15 AM
Depart time: 8:30 AM

You guys will be within about 5 miles of my house when you pass through Champaign. If you all want to stop by, you are more than welcome. It would be cool to line the entire cul-de-sac with Fieros! There is a gas station within 1.2 miles of the house with 93 octane and E-85 heading back toward I-74.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How fortuitous!
Be ready for company on Thursday!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

17904 posts
Member since May 2004
Our caravan will meet up with a group from the Louisville KY area at the lunch stop in Crawfordsville.

Anyone heading for Peoria on Thursday is welcome to meet up with us at the lunch stop, or join in to either group!

I edited the above post to add a photo of at fieroguru's!

Contact me through PM for route info if you're interested!
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking forward to seeing you at the show!

Steve
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
👍👍
litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone coming from out West taking I-80 through Nebraska? If so, what day are you planning on coming through? Looking at my options...
AWautoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWautoworksSend a Private Message to AWautoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kansas City Fiero Owern Group is planning a caravan on thursday morning. if you want to meet there or anywhere in between

On Thursday the 9th We will be meeting at Kmart on 24 in independance Mo and pulling out of the parking lot at 8:30 AM
traveling North on 35 up to Cameron. (47 miles, 50 Min)
Meeting a few of us northerners, Filling up and the plan is to pull out at 9:30.
moving east on 36 hwy to macon by 11AM(95miles)
eating lunch and gas break if need be.
The plan is to leave by 11:45 and hit jacksonvill IL by 2(128miles)
little break and hit the road back north to Pieoria and to the embassy suites by 3:30

https://www.facebook.com/gr...93597/?ref=bookmarks
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AWautoworks:

Kansas City Fiero Owern Group is planning a caravan on thursday morning. if you want to meet there or anywhere in between

On Thursday the 9th We will be meeting at Kmart on 24 in independance Mo and pulling out of the parking lot at 8:30 AM
traveling North on 35 up to Cameron. (47 miles, 50 Min)
Meeting a few of us northerners, Filling up and the plan is to pull out at 9:30.
moving east on 36 hwy to macon by 11AM(95miles)
eating lunch and gas break if need be.
The plan is to leave by 11:45 and hit jacksonvill IL by 2(128miles)
little break and hit the road back north to Pieoria and to the embassy suites by 3:30

https://www.facebook.com/gr...93597/?ref=bookmarks

Cool, this sounds reasonable for me to meet up with coming from Wichita
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I'll be heading down Wednesday from the Minneapolis Minnesota area.

Will call you as time gets closer and probably meet up to drive down. Anyone else in the Minnesota area heading down / through Minneapolis on Wednesday?
AWautoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2018 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWautoworksSend a Private Message to AWautoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by da.slyboy:

Cool, this sounds reasonable for me to meet up with coming from Wichita

ill pm you

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumping to the top!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
Will call you as time gets closer and probably meet up to drive down. Anyone else in the Minnesota area heading down / through Minneapolis on Wednesday?

Possibly MinngreenGT and another, I heard mention of a trailer but not sure what they are taking.
We'll be driving our 2 Fieros.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-25-2018).]

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Convoys from the eastern states?

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2018 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's bump this to the top.

Anyone interested in joining up along our route, please contact me by PM and I will provide details.

We will be in Crawfordsville IN (west of Indy on I-74) at noon on Thursday for lunch.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 08-04-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2018 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we are almost ready to go, final things to pack up and we will be on our way. Two day trip for us because of the kids. If you see a Red Grand Caravan and dark Green Fiero on the highway from Ontario, that is us!
We will be crossing in Sarnia and taking I 69 down to I 94. Stop in New Buffalo MI for the night and continue the drive Monday after a brief stop at a Washington Park Zoo for the girls.

Everyone have a safe drive and see you all in East Peoria in a few days EH!!

------------------

G.T. Fieros

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2018 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Convoys from the eastern states?

We are leaving VA on Tuesday. Plan to stop that night on the west side of Indy, then drive in Weds.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock