"Not Feeling the Love" Haggerty's mention by fkossegi
Started on: 06-28-2018 09:32 AM
Replies: 18 (532 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 06-30-2018 09:08 PM
fkossegi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fkossegiSend a Private Message to fkossegiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, sure. We are our own harshest critics. Every time someone posts a link to a nice Fiero for sale, people fall all over themselves to claim its priced much too high. It is a self-fullfilling prophesy. OK, maybe not "every time", but all too often.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Well, sure. We are our own harshest critics. Every time someone posts a link to a nice Fiero for sale, people fall all over themselves to claim its priced much too high. It is a self-fullfilling prophesy. OK, maybe not "every time", but all too often.

So true, its all over facebook like that too.
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have both a Fiero and an MGB.

Maybe I'm just cheap.

[This message has been edited by pcgold (edited 06-28-2018).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcgold:

Maybe I'm just cheap.

I don't care what other people think, you don't have to either
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not like I plan to sell mine, anyway.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jonrev:

Not like I plan to sell mine, anyway.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't read too much into it.
At least our cars are considered "collectible". I'm okay with that.
Also take note that 70-74 Barracudas are lower on the list.

This has nothing to do with price or value. Just whether they seem to be going up.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They rated the DeTomaso Pantera even lower than the Fiero. That's surprising.

That said, the low ratings just mean it's a buyer's market for that particular car. It doesn't mean the car is disliked, or is a bad car.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 06-28-2018).]

fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I know that is wherever I go, and I seriously mean wherever, people love my Fiero's. I get such enthusiastic comments and great big smiles as people approach me to talk about my car(s). Their both very clean, so that's important too. And finally, I love them just as much.
So if some magazine article comes up stating qtherwise, I could care less. I assume most of you all too. : )

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

All I know that is wherever I go, and I seriously mean wherever, people love my Fiero's. I get such enthusiastic comments and great big smiles as people approach me to talk about my car(s). Their both very clean, so that's important too. And finally, I love them just as much.
So if some magazine article comes up stating qtherwise, I could care less. I assume most of you all too. : )

Ditto.
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The reality is these are cult cars. Their is a specific group of people who like them and it is just not a general feeling in the general public for them.

There are some models that are accepted by the general public but even the number of models there are not great.

The reality is even cult status is good as there are many cars that we all see or know of that there is not even a cult following.

I have seen some big name plates on some cars post about their car show and they have 40 cars? One was the national Monte Carlo meet. They were not even close to 100 cars. With as many years and models produced you would think they would have had more.

Like I say is this Confidence isn't thinking you are better than everyone else. It is walking into a room and not having to compare yourself to anyone lese in the first place.
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Collector/ desirable cars are in the eye of the beholder, and ours have not been well represented for quite some time.
Most of the reviews, and historical data on a Fiero are of the negative sort.

How can "we" put a more positive spin on our cars?
That is up to us as owners and fans to do.
I really wish a movie would feature a nice Fiero as a main character, but that is not all it will take.
It will take all of us presenting to others what is so great about them, and proving it.
Take someone for a ride, explain the "special" nature of it, and keep doing that.

Bottom line is I do not own one because of the future value, I own it because I really, really, really like to drive it, (which I just got back from doing), and that is the key, it is fun to drive!!!!!
Sure, it is not a monster high speed top end vehicle, but it truly is a pleasurable vehicle to drive that does have some outstanding looks and abilities to it.
Do I care if it does not go zero to 60 in under 4 seconds, no, and do I care if it can compete with a Porsche? …..
No, but as far as being unique..... need I say more?

Unique is another word I would give to a Fiero.

How many other cars still look this good, drive this great, and bring a smile to your face every time you do drive it, can you think of from the 80's or any other year for that matter?

We need to get the younger generations to appreciate it more by sharing the positives of the Fiero with them.

To be honest...… I would have to think long and hard about selling mine even if someone offered me "new" price for it.
Limited availability and the joy I get from driving it far outweigh the almighty $$.

Hagerty is basically an accounting thing that tracks numbers, not emotions.
Now, let's get some emotion / EXCITEMENT flowing for our Fiero's!
(my opinion only)

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Collector/ desirable cars are in the eye of the beholder, and ours have not been well represented for quite some time.
Most of the reviews, and historical data on a Fiero are of the negative sort.

How can "we" put a more positive spin on our cars?
That is up to us as owners and fans to do.
It will take all of us presenting to others what is so great about them, and proving it.
Take someone for a ride, explain the "special" nature of it, and keep doing that.

Bottom line is I do not own one because of the future value, I own it because I really, really, really like to drive it, (which I just got back from doing), and that is the key, it is fun to drive!!!!!
Sure, it is not a monster high speed top end vehicle, but it truly is a pleasurable vehicle to drive that does have some outstanding looks and abilities to it.
Do I care if it does not go zero to 60 in under 4 seconds, no, and do I care if it can compete with a Porsche? …..
No, but as far as being unique..... need I say more?

Unique is another word I would give to a Fiero.

How many other cars still look this good, drive this great, and bring a smile to your face every time you do drive it, can you think of from the 80's or any other year for that matter?

We need to get the younger generations to appreciate it more by sharing the positives of the Fiero with them.

To be honest...… I would have to think long and hard about selling mine even if someone offered me "new" price for it.
Limited availability and the joy I get from driving it far outweigh the almighty $$.

Hagerty is basically an accounting thing that tracks numbers, not emotions.
Now, let's get some emotion / EXCITEMENT flowing for our Fiero's!
(my opinion only)

Amen to that.

Did I mention I like this forum?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

I really wish a movie would feature a nice Fiero as a main character...

It's not a movie, but it's still great.

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's hilarious! Seems like there should be more...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

That's hilarious! Seems like there should be more...

David... nice to see that some of our federal tax money went to a worthwhile CBC production, eh!

Fierrrrrro !!!

For just $11.45, a real Fiero fan can buy the entire season of this show. Episode 12 is the one you'd have on "Repeat".

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-29-2018).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2018 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If i am asked what my car is worth I tell people it is worth nothing but owes me thousands and I won't sell it.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2018 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I didn't find the article derogatory...

"The other side of the coin (our opinion), is many of the Bottom 25 vehicles can be had at a bargain price,
and since cars are meant to be driven, plenty of them make for affordable buys and are perfect for racking up miles."

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock