Ownership of our Fieros.. by mousemeat
Started on: 06-24-2018 02:49 PM
Replies: 18 (583 views)
Last post by: larafan on 07-04-2018 11:20 AM
mousemeat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2018 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's safe to say, the majority of us, have purchased our Fieros used....I'm the 4th owner of my '87 GT. It spent most of it's life in First Seattle, then the third owner was near Los Angles..Now, my ride resides in Elvis land....Of course, there's an few owners who are the ORIGINAL buyers....All in all, it's great so many of us, have taken pride in what was a exciting car that GM-Pontiac released so many years ago..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been dragging mine around for 7 years since the duke puked. Now I have 2 lawn ornaments. Barring a disaster just bury me in that thing lol. I will get back on the road someday with the old gal. My oldest was all but born in the passenger seat.

Edit to add: that's being moved 4 times on a rollback. Thank you AAA! Just don't move farther than a 200 mile radius!

[This message has been edited by jaredmurray88 (edited 06-25-2018).]

Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Midwest Fiero Clubs is working on a way to recognize Fiero original owners, stay tuned.

www.midwestfieroclubs.com

www.Fiero35th.com
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know mine came in through RAF Mildenhall but would be very interesting to know how it got there and who from.

Very neat idea to have orig owners
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PK:

I know mine came in through RAF Mildenhall but would be very interesting to know how it got there and who from.

Very neat idea to have orig owners

that would be an interesting tale..how that Fiero ended up there.....

jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lineage of my Formula goes:
-1988: lease through Castle Buick
-1990: woman named Patricia bought it from Castle Buick, drove it with love for 11 years
-2001: sold to John Pribich (Fribich?), a NIFE member - car was at Fierorama 2002
-2006: Firebird-enthusiast owned it, didn't do much
-2007: I bought it as my first car

My car has been in the Chicago area its entire life. I met Patricia by chance at Fierorama 2015 and she gave me a full history of her years; various things the dealer had done to the car which she had removed, crash right after she bought it (someone ran a stop sign, as a result I have a repainted 84 door), etc. I've seen her and her family every Fierorama since -- in 2016 she actually found and brought me the original set of GM keys!

[This message has been edited by jonrev (edited 05-23-2020).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a really cool story jonrev!

We currently have 5.

The Blue Demon came to me from a guy who lived nearby, I saw it parked in his yard painted the color it is now, but in really rough shape. He had bought it off a guy named Jeremy whose ex-gf got mad at him, stole the car and trashed it. Jeremy, I believe, was the second owner and he and I met up at Carlisle years later. I bought it in '01, restored it in '02 and ever since.

My Silver 88GT, I am the third owner - purchased it in '99. The original owner was the son of the owner of the steel manufacturer where my Dad worked. I bought it from a woman who purchased it from him.

Our White 86 Coupe, we are also third owners - a local kid whose family we know purchased if from the original owner and barely drove it.

Our SD4 Indy is a bit of a mystery. We believe the original owner was in Prescott, AZ. He allegedly had Huffaker install the SD4, Getrag and other goodies on it in '89. It has 16.5k on it. At some point FieroMonkey owned it (I'm still trying to find him, if anyone can help). He sold it to a guy in NoVA and we got it from him.

Our most recent aquisition is all in the family, my dad won his Black 1985 GT in the MacAgain, Back Again sweepstakes in 1985. He has owned it ever since and our family has put 108k on it. He daily drove it until 1995, to work each day. Last month, it came to VA to live in our garage.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Our SD4 Indy is a bit of a mystery. We believe the original owner was in Prescott, AZ. He allegedly had Huffaker install the SD4, Getrag and other goodies on it in '89. It has 16.5k on it. At some point FieroMonkey owned it (I'm still trying to find him, if anyone can help). He sold it to a guy in NoVA and we got it from him.

He and I chatted many times about his car and mine over the years. I remember that he was selling it and I haven't heard from him since
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My gray fastback car started life as a Formula. Lived in NY. Was sold to a guy in Jonesboro GA, and then to Ronnie, on this forum.
I traded Ronnie a red T-top Formula for the black sunroof version, since I had decided that I didn't much care about the T-tops.
It gradually evolved into what it is now.

My white 88 W02 coupe came from California, and then Nevada. As near as I can tell, I am the 3rd or 4th owner.
Bought it sight-unseen (except for pics) from a dealer in Vegas. Got exactly what I was looking for and expected.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sep 1983 - Ordered Fiero SE 4 speed; arrived May 1984; still driving it 379,000 kilometers (235,500 miles) later. Maybe I'm near the top of the list of longest continuously registered original Fiero owners...
Feb 2008 - in anticipation of '84 SE downtime, looked in Kijiji for a $2500 - $3000 "spare". Found and "had to have" a $10,000 showroom condition Formula 5 speed with 5,200 kilometers (3,200 miles). 2nd owner.
Jan 2011 - still "needing" a spare, bought a red, very solid $800 '86 2.5L 5 speed needing cosmetic rehab, and 2.5 years later swapped in an '87 2.5L to remedy a failing engine. 2nd owner.

Partial to the original notch-back style, driving them regularly and keeping them "mostly stock"; here's the fleet:

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 06-25-2018).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've owned a whole mess of Fieros, but the only one with an interesting story is the last one I acquired... my '88 Formula. Several years ago I met a fella at a Fiero get-together down in Arlington Washington. He was a Vietnam War vet. Andy was his name. Interesting guy. Some of you from Washington State might've known him. I was in need of some Fiero parts for an engine swap I was going to do, so he invited me to his property on Whidbey Island (which was sort of on the way back home to Vancouver BC) to see if there was anything among his collection of odds and sods that I could use. After taking me on a tour of his acreage which was "littered" here and there with about 15 Fieros, he asked me which one I wanted, no charge. Turns out he had to get rid of all of them in a limited amount of time. Keep in mind all these Fieros were in need of work, but still, quite an offer! So I chose a Formula which had been sitting for several years under a tree. I was told it needed a clutch. The entire instrument cluster was also missing. Other than that, I had no idea what to expect... but hey, it was an '88 Formula!

There was of course the issue of getting the car to Canada. Andy then volunteered to trailer the car across the border! He wanted a good home for the car, and I think he felt that I'd be up to the task of getting this Formula back into shape (with the help of a good buddy in Abbotsford with a hydraulic lift in his garage). Anyway, even though I had gone through the proper channels and all my paperwork was in order, we still had a helluva time at the border with the agents from both countries... but that's another story for another time.

While going through the Formula, I found a key fob in the console storage compartment from the Pontiac dealership in Knoxville Tennessee where this Formula had originally been sold when brand new. (The name on the fob matched the name on the decklid decal.) I think it's kind of neat that this dealership fob has been in this car since 1988, and has traveled with the car all this time and all the way from Knoxville, Tennessee in the States to Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada. The fob continues to reside in the storage compartment. I figure it should stay with the car as long as it's still rolling.

It took a lot of work, but the Formula has been my daily-driver ever since. Thanks Andy!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-26-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2018 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My black 87GT (now the 3800) was purchased in CT off a young guy who got the car from his mom. After getting too many tickets in it he sold it to me. It still had his mothers name of the title so I became the second owner. It was in great shape but had a ripped rear facia but only 59K on the OD. Got it for $2500 replaced the rear facia, enjoyed it for two years then did the swaps. That was about 1996.
The Red 85GT now undergoing convertible and engine conversion had 60K on the OD. It was a 4 speed 2.8L owned by a lady then a younger guy. I towed it back from No NJ.
The other metallic red GT was purchased in NJ and I am probably the third owner. It has 80K on it and badly needs a paint job.
The final 87GT was a high miles job (mileage unknown, owners unknown) that I picked up on the cheap in Philadelphia. Its in storage but haven't done much with it. Might eventually be a parts car

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2018 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dennis LaGrua

15144 posts
Member since May 2000
My black 87GT (now the 3800) was purchased in CT off a young guy who got the car from his mom. After getting too many tickets in it he sold it to me. It still had his mothers name of the title so I became the second owner. It was in great shape but had a ripped rear facia but only 59K on the OD. Got it for $2500 replaced the rear facia, enjoyed it for two years then did the swaps. That was about 1996.
The Red 85GT now undergoing convertible and engine conversion had 60K on the OD. It was a 4 speed 2.8L owned by a lady then a younger guy. I towed it back from No NJ. ($2400)
The other metallic red GT was purchased in NJ and I am probably the third owner. It has 80K on it and badly needs a paint job. Otherwise its in great shape
The final 87GT was a high miles job (mileage unknown, owners unknown) that I picked up on the cheap in Philadelphia. with a disassembled parts car. Its in storage but haven't done much with it. Might eventually be a parts car ($1500)

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2018 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

He and I chatted many times about his car and mine over the years. I remember that he was selling it and I haven't heard from him since

:-( If you have any leads, let me know.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2018 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought my 87 GT new in March of 87. It was a daily driver until that winter and I got a winter beater and stored the car. I kept that policy up taking it off the road in October and putting it back on the road in March. By the late 1980, I had daily drivers and the Fiero was used as a weekend driver or to shows, I drove the car from Maine to Florida to Oklahoma hitting FOCOA shows in between etc. I had it trucked down to Florida since I had relocated once I retired.

My 88 GT I bought used in 96, had it repainted, and replaced the engine with a remanufactured 3.1. The engine had a soft cam and gave me fits until it was replaced with a crate 3.4 along with a four speed auto. The 88 has been by money pit as the four speed auto has been replaced twice. It was a car that also has been driven all over. Installed a chin spoiler on it in those day when I was ambitious at working on Fieros. It has Mr Mike's seats.

I picked up a V8 Archie Imsa widebody coupe in 03 and have done various maintenance repairs an the car but don't drive it that much The 350 ZZ4 engine is a bit much for this old guy.

The cars are stored in my garage and taken out sparingly any more.
larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My black 84, I am the 2nd owner. Purchased with 34,500 miles after 11 years of storage.I even have the original order sheet! Lady driven. Bought 4 years ago. After fuel tank cleaning and brake lines driven in original form daily for 2 years before L67 and hybrid 4spd swap followed by needed paint job. Camaro spoiler and side scoops added at time of paint. Driven regularly. Silver 86 bought less than a year ago in Alabama from 3rd owner. Car sat in basement on jack stands since 2000. Fuel tank cleaning and engine build and brakes. He bought to fix for grandson with a knock in engine and tried an oversized rod bearing and gave up. Just got Mr Mikes custom cloth covers to install. Daily driver. This one reminds me of test driving an 85 Trans Am, the look and feel is very different from the 84 SC car. The automatic is nice when you don't want to shift.

[This message has been edited by larafan (edited 07-04-2018).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool stories! How did you find out so much info on past owners? This kit car will be my 3rd( had 2 dukes way back), and id love to find the history on the car. Just pulled the passenger seat and found a caddy cig lighter and socket( i think it is- the cig lighter has a wreath around the outside o the knob), an ancient trojan (in package lol), lots of burned fuses, a few burned bulbs, and a deposit slip from wf in 97 for $140 cash bringing the grand total to $147.77. Under the clear coat on the sides barely visible was- dave "james" bond and an 800 number underneath. On the back bumper I found the imprints of long gone stickers that said ddi realty so I guess that owner was a realtor

shem
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Just pulled the passenger seat and found... an ancient trojan (in package lol)

Be thankful it was still in the package!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-04-2018).]

larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I pulled the shifter console out of the 86 I found the original owner's Alabama drivers license lost many years ago.

[This message has been edited by larafan (edited 07-04-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock