Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Join us for the 16th annual California Coast Run Oct. 12 - 14, 2018!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Join us for the 16th annual California Coast Run Oct. 12 - 14, 2018! by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 06-20-2018 08:58 PM
Replies: 32 (892 views)
Last post by: gldkarma on 11-18-2018 02:36 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2018 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 16th Annual California Coast Run is ON for October 12-14, 2018. For the 16th year in a row, the host hotel will be the Courtesy Inn of San Simeon, CA.

As most of you are aware, much of the HWY 1 Pacific Coast Highway has been closed for many months while repairs progressed due to massive slides caused by storms that pummeled the coast. But we have good news! Cal-trans has announced that repairs are 2 months ahead of schedule! Previous estimates had us concerned about the re-opening date and the timing and route of our annual event. With this latest update we have full confidence that we can return to our traditional route along one of the most beautiful stretches of coastal highway anywhere in the world!

Let's celebrate the re-opening with a bang! With 4 months of lead time let's get the word out! We are hoping that everyone will mark their calendars now and make plans to make this 16th annual Fiero event one to be remembered!

It's not too early to make your reservations! This must be the absolute best deal on the coast. If we can sell out the 20 room block we can get TWO nights on the coast for only $99. Even if we don't achieve that goal we are still at the incredibly low rate of $109 for both nights! You just can't lose!

Courtesy Inn of San Simeon
9450 Castillo Drive
San Simeon, CA 93452
Call 1-800-555-5773 (toll free) to make your reservation.
Tell them you are with the COAST RUN group to get our special rate.
Remember, you must CALL and reference the COAST RUN group rate to get the deal!
For 15 years, we have paid $99 for the entire weekend. If we can have 20 rooms booked by September 12, we can have that same rate again. If not, the rate will be $109 for the entire weekend. Still a fantastic deal!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The tentative schedule for the weekend will be as follows:

Friday, October 12
- Arrive at Courtesy Inn at your leisure
- Meet at indoor pool area around 6pm
- Dinner at a local eatery (TBA) at 7pm
- Back to pool area after dinner.

Saturday, October 13
- Hotel breakfast starts at 6am
- Line up cars at 8am
- Depart Courtesy Inn at 8:30am
- Lunch at 12 noon (TBA)
- Arrive back at Courtesy Inn around 4:30pm
- Dinner at 7pm (TBA)
- Charity Raffle for St Jude at 8:30pm

Sunday, October 14
- Depart for breakfast at 8:30am
- After breakfast, enjoy the local sights.
- Depart for home.

If you have a product or service that you would like to donate to our St Jude Charity Raffle, please contact me. Items do not have to be Fiero related. We can also accept discount coupons and gift certificates for the raffle. All items donated are tax deductible. Any vendor donating items will be linked to all of our web and print materials. Donating vendors are also invited to send promotional items for participant goodie bags.

Anyone who would like to donate to the St Jude Event page above, please consider finding out if your employer does matching donations to charities. St Jude Children's Research Hospital is a great cause, and we're proud to be supporting them for the past 15 years.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2018 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is just my opinion and I don't want to put too much of a damper on this thread but it is sad how much planning goes into this event and how pathetic the Fiero turnout has become over the years. For me to drive almost 4 hours just to meet up, see 5 or 6 Fieros, and talk about someones Mustang, Corvette or Dodge truck that they brought to the event really isn't worth it in my opinion. When the Fiero attendance goes back up like it was in 2007, I'll start attending.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-21-2018).]

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2018 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

This is just my opinion and I don't want to put too much of a damper on this thread but it is sad how much planning goes into this event and how pathetic the Fiero turnout has become over the years. For me to drive almost 4 hours just to meet up, see 5 or 6 Fieros, and talk about someones Mustang, Corvette or Dodge truck that they brought to the event really isn't worth it in my opinion. When the Fiero attendance goes back up like it was in 2007, I'll start attending.

You're right IMSA. A hell of a lot of planning and effort goes into making an event like this a success, and it's true that attendance has fallen off in recent years. But as the new organizer of the event, having been asked by the original founder to take the reins, I am just floored that the first reply to this post is as blatantly negative as yours. You didn't just voice an opinion. You went out of your way to dig up old photos of the former glory days and proceeded to stomp on the event due to low recent attendance. Do you think this incredibly ill-conceived reply will make it any easier to attract new and former "Coast Runners" to the event? So, you will attend once the attendance goes back up? And then you post comments like yours which are surely going to limit interest in the event? You have done a disservice to the Fiero community. Fiero people like you moan and complain about the lack of respect for our beloved cars and the low attendance at car shows and events such as this. You may have personally done immeasurable damage to the future of this event.

It's attitudes like yours that make my efforts seem pointless. I have attended this event each and every year since I bought my first Fiero 4 years ago. It's true that the last couple of years have been lackluster. Two years ago I was there in a driving rainstorm in the only identifiable Fiero (the other being a Ferrari kit car). Last year most of the route was closed due to massive landslides on the coast highway that forced us to use an alternative route. But we still managed to field a respectable number of cars given the circumstances.

For three years now I have been a vocal supporter and volunteer of this event. In that time I have personally written and posted the event here on Pennocks and done personal follow up's with nearly every local Fiero owner I have met. I penned and emailed thousands of California Fiero owners inviting them to the event. Several hundreds of these were un-deliverable due to inactive addresses so I laboriously culled the list down to a few hundred. All by hand and without the benefit of any organized master list to work from. Last year I finally ventured into Facebook. Something I never do, and managed to get some interest. I counted each and every positive reply as a victory.

For the last three years I have donated custom logo wheel centers, banners and posters that I made at my own personal cost of time and materials in my sign shop business. Some of these were goody bag give-aways. Most of them were auctioned off to benefit our chosen charity, St Jude Children's Hospital. I'm doing my damnedest to raise the comradery, awareness and visibility of our mutual fascination and obsession with these little cars. What have you been doing, other than putting down an event that admittedly had it's ups and downs in it's 15 year history? Earlier this year I personally organized the first of what I hope will become an annual event. The Napa -Sonoma wine country "Vine Run!" We fielded 6 cars in the first year (three other runners were unable to make it due to mechanical issues) and I have high hopes for next year. Maybe you would like to stomp on that event as well?

Please don't feel it necessary to increase the attendance any of these events with your presence IMSA, but a donation to St Judes Children's Hospital is always welcome. No matter the source.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2018 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trust me, my opinion has nothing to do with your efforts at all. I know you organized the Napa run and I know that will be a huge success in the future. I think the biggest issue is that most of the members who have attended the coast event in the past years are now gone or simply lost interest which is sad. I truly hope attendance picks up since that is one of the major Fiero events here in California and I do applaud your efforts in keeping the tradition alive.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2018 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My monthly obligation lands on that weekend but i will be rescheduling it to come to this event god willing that i get my fiero back on the road. All plans point to yes at this time though.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2018 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

This is just my opinion and I don't want to put too much of a damper on this thread ..

Ya gotta keep the faith and be the one who attends.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2018 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

My monthly obligation lands on that weekend but i will be rescheduling it to come to this event god willing that i get my fiero back on the road. All plans point to yes at this time though.

That's great! Thanks for jumping in. Looking forward to seeing the updates on your car!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. You can't have the wing off that black 5 speed 87 GT. Sorry! I did end up buying it, but even with all the back fees the low purchase price still made it a very viable car. Runs great! I'll be fixing it up over the next couple of months and releasing it back into the wild. I love saving these orphans from the scrap heap and getting them back on the road.

Here it is before and after a bit of clean up. Forgive the mismatched wheels. I had to swap the front wheels with spares temporarily to tow it out.

I'll be in my new red 88 T-top for the coast run.

Hey, I high-jacked my own thread! I guess I just needed something positive here to get this thread back on track!

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2018 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If only it were a 4-hour drive! I have attended 3 or 4 Coast Runs and drove from Denver, CO each time.....once in a 1959 Austin-Healey Sprite because I had no Fiero. Imagine driving 1200 miles to attend a driving event just to turn around and drive another 1200 miles home. Even the year when only one Fiero showed up I had a great time meeting up with old friends. I certainly hope attendance improves, but I gotta say....it is a total California thing to complain about a 4 hour drive to attend an event. I remember back in the early 1990's talking to people in southern California bemoaning the fact that they couldn't get a club going because nobody wanted to drive an hour to meet up. That's crazy to me. Back in 1997 I drove to Phoenix to attend a club picnic. Yep....1000 miles to eat sandwiches, BS and then go home. Worth it because I got to see people (and Fieros) that I hardly got to see.

Enough rambling....count me in for another Run. I'll be there in my 'fancy-pants' GT (formerly known as the Skitime Fiero). Hopefully US 1 will be open for business and we can get up the coast!

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2018 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are the odds of this?

Craftsman display and your car happens to have a spare tire in the location of the shot:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-23-2018).]

mousemeat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

You're right IMSA. A hell of a lot of planning and effort goes into making an event like this a success, and it's true that attendance has fallen off in recent years. But as the new organizer of the event, having been asked by the original founder to take the reins, I am just floored that the first reply to this post is as blatantly negative as yours. You didn't just voice an opinion. You went out of your way to dig up old photos of the former glory days and proceeded to stomp on the event due to low recent attendance. Do you think this incredibly ill-conceived reply will make it any easier to attract new and former "Coast Runners" to the event? So, you will attend once the attendance goes back up? And then you post comments like yours which are surely going to limit interest in the event? You have done a disservice to the Fiero community. Fiero people like you moan and complain about the lack of respect for our beloved cars and the low attendance at car shows and events such as this. You may have personally done immeasurable damage to the future of this event.

It's attitudes like yours that make my efforts seem pointless. I have attended this event each and every year since I bought my first Fiero 4 years ago. It's true that the last couple of years have been lackluster. Two years ago I was there in a driving rainstorm in the only identifiable Fiero (the other being a Ferrari kit car). Last year most of the

route was closed due to massive landslides on the coast highway that forced us to use an alternative route. But we still managed to field a respectable number of cars given the circumstances.

For three years now I have been a vocal supporter and volunteer of this event. In that time I have personally written and posted the event here on Pennocks and done
personal follow up's with nearly every local Fiero owner I have met. I penned and emailed thousands of California Fiero owners inviting them to the event. Several hundreds of these were un-deliverable due to inactive addresses so I laboriously culled the list down to a few hundred. All by hand and without the benefit of any organized master list to work from. Last year I finally ventured into Facebook. Something I never do, and managed to get some interest. I counted each and every positive reply as a victory.

For the last three years I have donated custom logo wheel centers, banners and posters that I made at my own personal cost of time and materials in my sign shop business. Some of these were goody bag give-aways. Most of them were auctioned off to benefit our chosen charity, St Jude Children's Hospital. I'm doing my damnedest to raise the comradery, awareness and visibility of our mutual fascination and obsession with these little cars. What have you been doing, other than putting down an event that admittedly had it's ups and downs in it's 15 year history? Earlier this year I personally organized the first of what I hope will become an annual event. The Napa -Sonoma wine country "Vine Run!" We fielded 6 cars in the first year (three other runners were unable to make it due to mechanical issues) and I have high hopes for next year. Maybe you would like to stomp on that event as well?

Please don't feel it necessary to increase the attendance any of these events with your presence IMSA, but a donation to St Judes Children's Hospital is always welcome. No matter the source.

Good points....then again, opinions are like rear ends....everyone has one !......btw... St.Jude hospital is based in my home town of Memphis, TN .....always a great cause to donate to...

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2018 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Attendance update...

We've had a good start! Here is a list of Coast Runners that have confirmed as of June 25.

Dale (Event Founder)
Matt (mmeyer86gt/gtp)
MrFiero
Barbie
John & Mary S.
Jeannie C. (GoldKarma)
Kevin S. (kevin)

Thanks for the early support!
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2018 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time is flying and the date is fast approaching!

Get on board. It's going to be great!

Here is an updated list of those attending.

Dale (Event Founder)
Me
Matt (mmeyer86gt/gtp)
MrFiero
Barbie
John & Mary S.
Jeannie C. (GoldKarma)
Kevin S. (kevin)
Kevin (Yakdude)
Rusty
Deb & John
Robert M.
Edgar A.
Madelynn
Martin W.
Nishabd71
Roy W.
Cindy L.
Tony B.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 09-08-2018).]

nishabd71

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2018 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nishabd71Send a Private Message to nishabd71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This year I'm going to be there driving my 88GT
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2018 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nishabd71:

This year I'm going to be there driving my 88GT

Sent you a PM. For planning purposes I would like to get your name, when you plan to arrive, and if you are staying at the motel (Courtesy Inn) in San Simeon.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2018 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's gonna be great!

Dale (Event Founder)
Me
MrFiero
Barbie
John & Mary S.
Jeannie C. (GoldKarma)
Kevin (Yakdude)
Rusty
Deb & John
Robert M.
Martin W.
R. Welsh
Cindy L.
Tony B.
N. Cage
A. Sisneros
P. Vega
Sniper
J. MacKenzie
Tony Barre
Michael Dempsey
Greg (nospeedlimit55)

Maybe / unconfirmed
Madelynn
Kevin S.
R. McElwain
E. Acosta

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 10-03-2018).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2018 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

It's gonna be great!

Dale (Event Founder)
Me
MrFiero
Barbie
John & Mary S.
Jeannie C. (GoldKarma)
Kevin (Yakdude)
Rusty
Deb & John
Robert M.
Martin W.
R. Welsh
Cindy L.
Tony B.
N. Cage
A. Sisneros
P. Vega
Sniper
J. MacKenzie
Tony Barre
Michael Dempsey
Greg (nospeedlimit55)

Maybe / unconfirmed
Madelynn
Kevin S.
R. McElwain
E. Acosta

Now THAT is an awesome turnout. Great job on planning this.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2018 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like I may not be able to attend this year. All of my Fieros need some sort of work and I haven't had the time to tinker with any of them.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2018 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry you can't make it this year, whether in a Fiero, a bug-eye, or something else.

Also, please add Karl and Kristine Melzner to the list. They will be along sometime Friday.

See you all soon!

JC

Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2018 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, strangely missing from the list is Rickaddy.
Speaking of missing, I haven't heard from Pokey in forever.

On another note, ya'all going to go to the karaoke bar tonight?
That was a lot of fun.
Kit
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2018 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes they did, Kit! Where are you??!!

JC

Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2018 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hurt my back yesterday so I'm recuperating at home.
That and work has been a mother lately.
Hope you all have a wonderful (and safe) run today.
Kit
P.S. Don't forget the pics!
PFF
System Bot
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2018 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, saw you guys on the road yesterday. From NJ- out here on a short vacation, we were coming north on 1 around Big Sur and saw at least half dozen Fieros south bound, very cool! So I went looking this morning and sure enough, found this thread. Great to see that!

Edit: Didn't have my Fiero, flew in.

------------------
86 SE V6 Auto
65 Tempest 400 CID
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6
2015 BMW 535iX M Sport
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous

[This message has been edited by MarkS (edited 10-14-2018).]

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2018 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pics of the 16th Annual California Coast Run. This was my 5th Coast Run in a row and this was the best!

It was a GREAT event! Great road, great weather, great food, great people!
We had 11 Fieros in attendance plus 4 or 5 owners that were unable to bring their cars but joined us on the run.

Here is a random selection of pictures. (be sure to take note of the gas prices at the one isolated station on the coast. Always fuel up at each end of the run!)

Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2018 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent pics!
Glad to hear everyone had a safe, good time.
And glad to see so many Fiero's.
Kit
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2018 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see a huge Fiero turnout. I do have a question.....I saw that Ed Peralez (Sniper) was going to be there but I don't see his white Fiero. Did he sell it?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2018 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice pics thanks for sharing!

How can pricing gas like that be legal?
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2018 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't live in CA....The Oil industry hates CA so they punish us.....It cracked me up a few days ago when on the national news they were complaining about gas being up to $3/Gallon National Average........I haven't paid under $3 for 3-4 years! It is now getting up to $4 average around the bay area.

We make the (Stupid) mistake of complaining when they have multiple fires at their refineries here, and leak all kinds of toxic fumes....We should shut up and just let the poor Oil industry rake in profits.....Smoke and fumes are GOOD for you!

Should have mentioned....In remote locations (Coast/Mtns/Lakes) they really twist a threaded rod into you.......Most on-water pumps run between $5.50 and $6.50.....I have a jet boat that actually gets BETTER fuel economy than DD ski boats (People will argue all day) but it still only gets 3.8-4 mpg at 30 mph cruise...(Prius of boats is a 4 cyl I/O that gets>>>>>>> 8-10 mpg!)

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 10-16-2018).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2018 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a good time and a great turnout! Ill try to make it next year

shem
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2018 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So sorry to hear about your back, Kit! Hope it is better now!

Thanks so much for posting the pics, Ron, for us sluggos who aren't on facebook!

JC
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2018 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey what about a weekend bbq fiero folk get together sometime? I cant make the tuesday meetings

shem
yakdude01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2018 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yakdude01Click Here to visit yakdude01's HomePageSend a Private Message to yakdude01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Wicked Awesome California Coast Run! Glad I was able to attend again. Already trying to plan again for next year - October 11-13,2019 from what I hear?

Anyways....here are some of my pics that aren't already up on this thread.

Saturday morning before the run. Beautiful weather for it!

Back of the lineup. That is my "rental" 2018 Mercedes C300 Cabriolet. It didn't suck.

The other side of the lineup.

Another shot of the back lineup.

Gorda...where I just found out the price of gas....WOW...that's a lot!
And it seems my rental Mercedes wasn't alone....our leader Dale was driving one too.

More Gorda...from the purdy side

Figured no one would get Dale talking to the group at the Cop Stop...so here he is

Sunset on Saturday, Oct 13th....just north of San Simeon
I just HAD to stop and take the pics!

Same sunset...minus the Mercedes rental

Panoramic shot of the sunset

The cool rental...all alone

The only thing I didn't like about the event/trip was that I couldn't stay for breakfast @ Ragged Point on Sunday due to my early afternoon flight out of LAX. Definitely going for a different return day next time!

------------------
- Kevin

Stone White 2001 Limited w/Cream leather interior 110k mi
Claret Mica (Dark Red) 2015 Lexus RX350 34k mi <--- Now the Daily Driver!

"I have to admit, I love driving it. It is so choice."
"If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." - Ferris Bueller

PFF
System Bot
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for pics, Kevin! Beautiful sunset shots!!

JC
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gldkarma

536 posts
Member since May 2003

Hey, Shemdog--check the GGF Yahoo! Group page for updates--we changed the mtg. date to the 3rd Saturday several mos. ago and that seems to work out for a few more people. We have also changed from Hobee's in Sunnyvale to Omega in Milpitas (I-680 and Calaveras), so that is a more convenient location for most people too. We had our Nov. mtg. yesterday and will have a Christmas Party mtg. at the Bears in Hollister on Dec. 15 instead of a regular mtg., so check the Yahoo! Group for the info on that. Hope to see you there or maybe the mtg. in January!

JC

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock