Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  No Fieros allowed at this car show (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
No Fieros allowed at this car show by formulaWA
Started on: 06-03-2018 02:58 PM
Replies: 43 (1114 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 06-13-2018 10:58 AM
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
llI have been to the ALL GM show at Silver Springs (Ocala), Fl two times and really like the setting. There are 2000+ cars there most times and they have several different classes that have some vehicles as far back at the very early 1900s (or maybe even earlier). The basic classes are Camero/Firebird, Corvette, Trucks, and General. There are also subdivisions for the various production years. As an example, my car was assigned to the General Division and included all cars that did not meet the other specific classes from 1980 to the brand new just off of the dealer showroom floor (saw several with less than 100 miles on them).

I took a 1988 Mera both times and was fortunate enough to take Best Of Class each time. I do not expect it to happen a third time but it was nice seeing a Fiero version get recognition as a very nice car. BTW, the second time win was somewhat of a fluke. I ended up in second place behind a brand new Cadillac CTS with about 500 miles on it but the show has a policy of not making the award if the owner is not there. The CTS owner was nowhere to be found so they then called out my car and gave me the prize. It is also somewhat unique that there is only a Best of Class award and no second or third place awards (at least in my assigned category). The prize is an engraved crystal mug and I have put mine to practical use several times when sharing some exotic beer with my youngest son (also somewhat of a car buff).

Now I wounder if the WA show would admit a show quality Mera with a 3800 SC Series III engine swap and an F355 interior? It has performance, is rare, looks good, and does not meet the strict definition of a "kit car" since it is factory built and not sold as a kit.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 06-11-2018).]

IP: Logged
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2018 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Fiero people need to take their Fieros to non-Fiero car shows to get more exposure for the cars.
Only going to Fiero events is counter-productive to growing our community and increasing the value of our cars.

This. If we want the cars to live on we need to encourage interest in them. Getting them out to mixed-marque shows, talking about how great they are drive, how easy (compared to new cars) they are to work on, the extensively documented performance upgrades available, and the current affordability are key to getting younger car people into them, as owners and fans. And without a new generation our clubs and eventually cars will fade out.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2018 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last American car show we had locally ended up with the participants targeted for defects from the police. Police are targeting car shows in Australia treating anyone that likes cars as a hoon this year nobody will attend. If it looks fast you deserve a ticket.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2018 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

The last American car show we had locally ended up with the participants targeted for defects from the police. Police are targeting car shows in Australia treating anyone that likes cars as a hoon this year nobody will attend. If it looks fast you deserve a ticket.

Come on over its nicer here
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock