AC Compressor Install by 813-fiero
Started on: 06-02-2018 04:44 PM
Replies: 3 (234 views)
Last post by: 813-fiero on 06-08-2018 08:46 PM
813-fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2018 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 813-fieroSend a Private Message to 813-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, So I am continuing my lt1 retrofit from 14 years ago. I got it far enough that I could drive it, but that's it. I had never finished the a/c installation. The compressor is on the engine, but the freon lines are on the bottom of the compressor the way it is mounted. So I pulled the cap that came from the factory and oil came out. Which got me thinking, do I have this right? And how do I add oil to the system. Anyone have feedback. It's an HR6 compressor.

Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2018 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Following..
813-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2018 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 813-fieroSend a Private Message to 813-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I did some more research. The top plate can be reclocked with respect of the rest of the compressor. You can move in 120 degree steps. So I removed the thru bolts and moved the top plate where I needed. Hopefully I did not screw the seals up. I never removed the top plate, just pulled it up about 1/8". If somebody knows of a resource that will spell out the different versions of the compressor, I would appreciate a copy of it. That way I don't have to reclock the compressor if I purchase a new one. Looks like there are different versions for the plug, serpentinevs pulley, compressor case switches, threaded hole sizes, etc.
813-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2018 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 813-fieroSend a Private Message to 813-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, Off to my next problem. So I need a serpentine pulley. The stock V6 was a V belt. So I had a '95 firebird compressor when I set all the brackets up, but that compressor would not work because it did not have a place for the switches. So I bought a bare '87 v6 fiero compressor, thinking on pulling the serpentine pulley and coil off the firebird compressor. But some dimension is off because when I push the pulley all the way back, not only does it lock up, but I can barely get the snap ring in. So, does anybody know what pulley I need to buy?

Thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock