1988 Fiero GT Second Opinion by denyen
Started on: 05-27-2018 11:55 AM
Replies: 6 (296 views)
Last post by: fierofrenzy on 05-28-2018 06:59 AM
denyen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello!

I have an '88 Fiero GT (140k Miles) Some modifications (WCF Long Headers, Restored Clutch Hydraulic System, Upgraded Coil and Distributer), but the rest is beat up stock. A motorcycle rear ended it, and the clutch has gone. I repaired the motorcycle damage, but the clutch repair has kicked my ass.

The inner welded nut plates on the rear cradle bolts broke the welds, and so they needed to be cut. The front bolts also needed to be cut, as the bolts were frozen in from the previous owners NY driving.

Long story short, there is a lot of rust. Trunk is almost gone, as the spoiler leaks went unaddressed by the previous owner. Scaling everywhere else. I can remove it, paint it or powder coat it.

My question is, is the market better for a restored rust box, or restored 88 parts? I am willing to part it out and restore parts piece meal. I will also sell the tires, which are still in very good condition.

I will update this post as requested, just getting the feeler started.

Best,
Dan

[This message has been edited by denyen (edited 05-28-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I parted out an ‘88 Formula for the very same reason. It had bad rust and was just generally worn out/ beat up/ neglected and I could not sell it for the life of me. Everyone wanted various parts but no one wanted the whole car. It was just my personal experience here in California. Maybe it’s different elsewhere...?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rust is a killer man. Glad we don't really have it out here.
Good night 88 GT.
06GTO

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Good night 88 GT.

Yeap, part it out. Heck I have a 88 GT with minimal rust that I can't sell. Thinking about parting it out too.
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2018 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Denyen,

Out of curious, how many miles does your GT has now?

Such a shame about the rust.

denyen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2018 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for denyenSend a Private Message to denyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
140k miles on it.
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2018 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I my opinion, how much are you attached to this Fiero? I personally would part it out too, and use the money to buy another Fiero in much better shape that I knew I'd love. you can always improver your cituation. Your Fiero has some major issues. Part it out.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock