Stock Fiero GT ride height? by pHoOl
Started on: 05-13-2018 02:49 PM
Replies: 8 (295 views)
Last post by: theogre on 05-15-2018 09:28 PM
pHoOl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2018 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pulled mine out of winter storage and I'm getting it ready for spring. Anyway, I was looking at it, and thought it looked like it was sitting a little bit taller than I remembered. Middle of the GT nose, I'm seeing about 9.25" to the bottom of the front edge. Side ground effects is 6.75"

Does that sound about right? Current one is an 86GT with KYBs and Fiero Store front and rear swaybars... my memory is telling me my 88GT I had in college (15+ years ago) was lower, but could just be my memory getting old.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure what the height is on them but they are jacked up from the factory. You can just look at the pictures of them to see that. ha
Rexgirl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Adding gas shocks to my car raised it from the stock height. Maybe seeing yours after a long break reminds you of the original stance?
Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It’s the weirdest thing. I have three Fiero’s at my household. The ‘85 GT sits pretty even. The ‘86 GT sits very high in the back. My ‘88 sits way to high in the front and is lower in the rear than the other two. No suspension mods or changed out springs on any of them. I suspect spring “sag” has a lot to do with all this varying ride heights.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 88 sat higher in the front, GMs response to people scraping the nose on curbs....
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
84-88 Fiero SM

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
65mm is 2.55" in the middle of the pic, where id think it would be the bottom of ground effect measurement where i had 6.75". Tgat doesnt seem quite right. It it was that low, id think any roadkill would wreck ya
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The SM chart doesn't go off of ground level, it goes off a datum line; i.e., the base plate of a frame straightening machine.

I have a drawing of my 86 SE showing stock and lowered dimensions, I can't find it, but IIRC, your measurements are not too far different than my stock height dimensions.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
The SM chart doesn't go off of ground level, it goes off a datum line; i.e., the base plate of a frame straightening machine.
Yes, sorry didn't put that in above. Was checking same data applies to 88.
Add X inches(mm) to datum line for ride height on level surface.
Help a lot when trying to find problems like drop in front or rear for any reason.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock