Spotted 1986 GT with 16k miles at vehicle auction in Iowa by TOMZILLA
Started on: 04-28-2018 09:08 AM
Replies: 5 (373 views)
Last post by: TOMZILLA on 05-11-2018 09:55 PM
TOMZILLA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2018 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMZILLASend a Private Message to TOMZILLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a vehicle rebuilder I'm always surfing the insurance auto auctions. I just bought myself a 88 GT 5 spd and spotted this car while looking for mine. Right now I'm not looking for a second car so I'll pass this along to the fellow Fiero infected....

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicl...er=5&loadRecent=True Listed as 16k miles but may not be acturate. This is a auction site that insurance companies sell there salvage. This car is not a salvage or insurance car. Most likely a dealer or charity car with the seller just not sure what to do with it. Still is a As-Is auction so buyer beware. Highest bidder gets it... But remember there's auction fees and you have to have the car out of there yard with in 5 or 6 days or there going to charge you $40 a day storage. You have to create an account with IAA and give a deposit to them before being allowed to bid. I thinks its 10% of what you plan on bidding. I'm not positive though as I have a dealer account but I'm sure anyone interested will figure it out. Most cars are dealer only but this one is available to the general public for bidding.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2018 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Highly unlikely that car has 16,000 original miles due to condition and the amount of original parts missing.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2018 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Highly unlikely that car has 16,000 original miles due to condition and the amount of original parts missing.

States "True Miles Unknown" The current bid of $1600 is about right for an unknown.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2018 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't look all that bad to me. Looks like right front corner got bumped.
Engine looks clean enough and dirty like a car that has sat for many years (as opposed to high mileage).
I'd say it's definitely worth looking at in person for anyone that's interested.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2018 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom, did you buy the 88gt 5speed with t top roof pushed in???

https://www.copart.com/lot/30034998

[This message has been edited by FIERO JOHN-WI (edited 05-05-2018).]

TOMZILLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2018 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMZILLASend a Private Message to TOMZILLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry been very busy rebuilding a Ram Power Wagon the last week. So this forum and my GT have been on the back burner. Anyway no I didn't buy it. I did see it on the auction list but being the high miles and that I don't need any parts for mine I let it go.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock