Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero Store V6 throttle cable - Adjustment?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Store V6 throttle cable - Adjustment? by 06GTO
Started on: 04-24-2018 08:53 PM
Replies: 5 (457 views)
Last post by: Blacktree on 04-25-2018 12:44 PM
06GTO

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Recently put a FS V6 throttle cable in my project coupe. It seems like it is just a tad too short and holds the butterfly valve open just a tad when attached. There is zero slack in it. I made sure I ordered the right one from the FS (87-88 cable).

My other two V6's have a bit of slack in the cables, and the butterfly valve closes all the way, but both those cables i'm sure are 30 years old.

I've read and searched and don't see any way to adjust the cable, nor the system.

I've detached and reattached the cable at both ends to make sure it was hooked up right.

Anyone have any issues with the FS throttle cable? Is it a tad too short? A bad batch? Or am I just missing the adjustment for the system?

I guess it's possible they sent me the wrong cable, is the 85-86 cable just a hair shorter than the 87-88 cable?

Thanks!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check to make sure the cable sleeve is properly seated in the bracket under the console. If it isn't the cable will act like it is about 1/2" short.

Also check to make sure you put the cable end on the pedal properly. It is easy to put on backwards which will cause the cable to wrap around the pedal and act like it is short as well.
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Check to make sure the cable sleeve is properly seated in the bracket under the console. If it isn't the cable will act like it is about 1/2" short.

Also check to make sure you put the cable end on the pedal properly. It is easy to put on backwards which will cause the cable to wrap around the pedal and act like it is short as well.

Thanks. Just double checked to make sure the cable end is in the pedal property. Also made sure the cable is properly attached to the square hole under the console.

Can't figure out what is wrong with this one. I'm wondering if they sent me the wrong cable, but I don't know the difference in measurements between the 85-86 cable and the 87-88 cable (if there are any).
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How short is it? If it's just a tiny bit, you could try adjusting the throttle cable bracket on the engine.
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

How short is it? If it's just a tiny bit, you could try adjusting the throttle cable bracket on the engine.

Just a tiny bit short, and bending that bracket is my last ditch effort to make it work. Not quite there yet, but close!
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could also try loosening the bolts, and shifting the bracket over.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock